“Way Beyond My Expectations!!”
Review of The Anabella

The Anabella
Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Way Beyond My Expectations!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2005

My boyfriend, his cousin, and I stayed there from Friday July 1, 2005 to Monday July 4, 2005. I am so impressed with the care we recieved. When we arrived on Friday I noticed that my purse was missing, so we checked in and went straight to our room (the front desk staff was pleasant I might add). Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was beautiful. Like I mentioned earlier we arrived by shuttle and I thought my purse was left in the shuttle but when we called they did not have it. So I needed to contact the local pharmacies to refill my medicine that was in my purse and the front desk was very helpful by providing phone numbers. We also needed to conact the other hotels that we had dropped off other guests at and they also gave us the phone numbers without hesitation. No luck with my purse STILL. So we decided to head over to Downtown Disney but before we left we stopped over at the front desk to see if my purse was left outside NO LUCK.. But as we were leaving the manager at the desk inquired as to whether or not it had been found and I told her no and she offered to continue to contact the shuttle people for me, which I thought was extremely nice of her. So while we were out she was hard at work for me. To me that is wonderful customer service considering she did not need to go out of her way for me. Needless to say I still have no purse but I left with such satisfaction from not only my stay at the Anabella but also the compassion of the employees. They were all so pleasant to speak to and went out of there way to make sure our stay was wonderful. I would also like to add that the location was perfect. We were right across the street from the entrance to the parking lot and there was a tram that took us to the front of Disneyland. There were also two really great restaurants next to our hotel called Tiffys and Cocos great food great cost. We really wanted to eat at the Tangerine Grill but everytime we got back from Disneyland it was closed. But thats okay because from this point on we will be staying at the Anabella Hotel for each trip to Disneyland.. WITHOUT QUESTION. Trust my review you will be pleasantly satisfied.. Thanks again to the Anabella for making our stay worth the while despite the mishaps in between.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Rooms Division Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, July 31, 2005
How awful to lose your purse at the beginning of your vacation. I'm sorry it could not be located, but from your review I can see that you still enjoyed your trip. Thanks for letting me (and others) know that the staff did their job and consistently exceeded your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 5, 2005

We stayed here three nights. The location was excellent - a brief walk to the Theme Parks and a CoCos next door. The room was so big and clean. It was nice to have a mini frig, too. The bathroom was gigantic and the coffee maker was a nice added touch. It was quiet, the front desk along with the staff were friendly, the housekeeping perfect, and the grounds very well kept. I will recommend this place to friends and family. For the price a bargain, just did not expect the extra $10 a night hotel tax fee in LA area. But this is common I understand. We will be back and stay here again!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I appreciate you taking the time in today's hectic pace to leave a great comment for all to see.
Reviewed June 30, 2005

We had no complaints about this hotel. The staff was nice and the room was clean every day. I will stay here again next time I visit Los Angeles. We only went to Disney for one day and it was within easy walking distance when you cut thorugh the Grand Californian. The rest of the time we spent on hollywood blvd, sunset blvd, and burbank. It was a bit of a drive but worth it because it's hard to find a hotel with this level of safety and value on that side of town. I'll be back to the Anabella.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Rooms Division Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, August 6, 2005
You definitely need more time at Disneyland than one day. It takes a good three days to see all it has to offer and that is before setting foot into California Adventure. So look us up when you return and that for your comments about the Anabella.
Glendale
Reviewed June 28, 2005

After reading many of the angry reviews of the Anabella hotel I approached my visit--which occured on June 26 2005--with some anxiety. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of my visit. The grounds were lovely, the room was very large and well appointed, the pools were really nice and the staff were really helpful. I particuarly appreciated the fact that they allowed my boyfriend and I to check in early on during the day making it easy for us to spend the day at the park without having to worry about coming back and checking in later on.

Having read the complaints regarding room noise I made sure to request a quiet room in a quiet area of the hotel and the staff went out of their way to accomodate me. Even so, I too found the noise level made by the people in the room upstairs from us to be quite loud. They didn't seem to be making noise on purpose, it just seemed clear that the ceiling wasn't very thick. I'd definitely stay here again though. Overall it was a great experience and a nice place to stay which is incredibly close to Disneyland!

7 Thank Glendale_Sarah
I am glad that we were able to accomodate your early arrival. We are always happy to check you in early if the rooms are available. With the summer crowds and the 50th Anniversary at Disneyland, this has been very difficult lately, but we still try! If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.
Kelowna
Reviewed June 28, 2005

We stayed at the Anabella Hotel for 5 days in June and it does have fairly close proximity to Disneyland. We chose a Mini-Suite. It was small but clean and nicely decorated. Our issue was similar to a previous reviewer in that we had a room on the bottom floor and were subject to a lot of "stomping" noises from the room above us well past midnight. We were also directly in front of the 15 minute registration parking, which made our afternoon naps a real challenge as cars were constantly driving in and out. I believe that people's experiences at the hotel are absolutely related to what room they receive - unfortunately, we ended up with one near the road. We asked to switch but the hotel was fully booked. On a positive note, I found the staff quite receptive. They allowed us to park in front of our hotel and assured us that the next people above us had asked for a quiet room and they WERE better but it was still noisy. The pool was nice. Restaurant was good but pricy. We ate almost every meal outside of Disneyland at COCO's nearby across the street - very well-priced, lots of kid and adult choices and excellent service. Best walking route to Disneyland is by that restaurant, cross Katella, walk 5 minutes, turn right at California Hotel, walk through their lobby and you're at Downtown Disney. I liked the Anabella but the noise was definitely an issue and calling/emailing beforehand does not guarantee you a quiet room.

Stayed June 2005
11 Thank funfamilytime
I apologize with the noise that you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately, with Disney's early hours and late closures, our guests are coming and going at all times. As for the remainder of your review, I do appreciate what you stated about our property and look forward to your return.
Reviewed June 27, 2005

After reading about all the problems people have had with the hotel I was getting a bit panicky before the trip. I decided I had better phone the hotel and confirm my reservation. I was both surprised and expectant to hear that they had me done for the wrong dates. It was easily cleared up but I strongly suggest that you confirm your dates with the hotel before you arrive there.

I found the daytime staff to be very friendly and helpful. They took me to my room in a golf cart so that I didn't have to drag my child and all our bags there. A gal called the room about 15 minutes later to make sure that everything was as it should be. And it was. The night staff are very unfriendly in person. Snippy and uninterested. But when I would call from my room at night to ask for a wake up call they were very nice. Only problem is that I would ask for a 6am wake up call but they keep coming at 5:45....I need my beauty rest people!

The rooms are fabulous! Honestly, the bathrooms were great, the bedding was cozy, the beds were comfortable, there was heating and air conditioning available and the windows opened as well. The walls are definately thin. I could hear when my neighbours would flush the toilet, have a shower, turn on their tv, talk to one another. At 10:30 at night all I wanted was quiet time. But I like to let people live so I didn't do anything.

The hotel is a fair distance from the park if you are walking. We walked the first day but my daughter's little feet were awfully tired at the end of the day and I wished the hotel had told me about the ART shuttle. The ART shuttle runs every 10 minutes in peak hours and every 20 minutes in non-peak. It picks you up right outside the hotel and takes you to the entrance of the park. It is $3 per adult, kids 9 an under are free. You can get a schedule from the front desk and you can buy tickets down the hallway by the restaurant.

We only used the restaurant for breakfast. We had the buffet three days in a row. Kids 9 and under were free with a paying adult. Tea/coffee was also included with the price. Good food, good deal. Quick and easy and they open at 7am. We ate our dinner and lunches at the park but if I could do it again I would probably have dinner at the hotel because they also have daily specials.

The pool area was great. Always fresh towels and happy faced kids running around. However, on the hottest day we were there, the pool was shut down with no explanation but a "sorry" sign. We were able to use the smaller adult only pool but there was no hot tub there and believe me my feet needed a soak!

Overall, I would like to stay there again but would probably opt to somewhere closer to the park.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your candor and I will add mine. I think it is positively ridiculous that my staff and I have to go and police the pool on the look out for young children who are not properly outfitted by their parents. Unfortunately some guests have caused us to do this so not everyone's day is ruined with a pool closure.

I'm glad you enjoyed the remainder of your visit and it is too bad that you missed dinner at the Tangerine, as it is simply delicious!
Waukesha, WI
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We were very happy with the Anabella hotel. The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping did an excellent job. We weren't able to check into our rooms until 4 p.m. California time, so after a long day of airplane rides, that wasn't very appealing. The surrounding area of the hotel is beautiful and the pool area was very nice! For the most part, it was pretty quiet. We could hear a child running around above us, but it wasn't anything major. We did walk the 2-3 blocks to Disneyland, but after a long day walking through Disneyland, we wished we would have just paid to take the shuttle or paid for parking with our rental car. We were advised that there was a tram that ran every 5 minutes, but we never saw any. Disney lines for rides weren't too bad and went pretty fast. Downtown Disney was fun to do some shopping. Most of the restaurants are pretty pricey in Disney and around that area. We do not recomment Tiffy's as the service was horrible. We DO recommend Carro's, though. They have excellent food for a reasonable price. If you want to save money, take advantage of the fridge in the hotel room and get cereal, milk, fruit, etc. The light in the shower part of the bathroom was very, very dim. The people that worked there were very accomodating and friendly. Overall, would definetly recommend staying here!

8 Thank hereinwi
I am sure that the readers appreciate your comments about Disneyland and the local restaurant choices as well. I am glad that you enjoyed stay and will be returning in the future.