“On the decline....”

The Anabella
Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was our third stay at the Anabella, and probably the last. Our previous stays were a few years back. Our travel party consisted of three people in a multi aged group. There were just too many problems.

Pros: pretty plantings and landscaping, relatively close to Disneyland, free wifi, comfortable bed and nice enough bedding, a good room design in our Mission Suite that included a tiny room within our room with a twin bed (privacy)

Cons: walls so thin you can hear conversations next door,
low water pressure,
construction going on directly behind our room in the Santa Barbara building,
dirty floors that made our socks brown,
a terrible room location at the foot of the stairs (1124...avoid it),
someone running in the room overhead and loudly down the stairs at all hours and talking loudly,
low light so it is hard to see in the room.
The first morning we had no light in the bathroom so it was difficult to take a shower.
Charge to park our car.
No hooks to hang up towels for reuse.
On site gift shop only open strange hours...I had to go to the restaurant next door to purchase cokes.
I wanted some real (not from concentrate) orange juice for breakfast and it was not to be found on the property, although the restaurant menu said they had "fresh" orange juice.
........ It's the little things.

When I called the front desk, yes, they had someone install new bathroom lightbulbs, and clean the floor, but we shouldn't have had to ask.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank disneygirl62
There are newer reviews for The Anabella

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My family vacation wouldn't have been the same without the amazing warmth displayed by the front office staff.
My kids had been looking forward to a fun filled vacation at Disneyland and we all decided to stay at the Anabella.
We were pleasantly greeted by the staff and
The bellman offered to take our bags up to our room. He was not only engaging with me but with my kids as well....
The next morning, We ran into One of the front desk agents.... She remembered my kids names, asking us how our stay was- so nice!
Being a single mom, working in the customer service industry for over 20 years, the little things matter especially on a vacation!
Thank you for the wonderful customer service, warmth and for taking care of me and my kids!
We will be back!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here last May when we went to Disneyland, and everything about the hotel from the room to the staff was amazing! The rooms are spacious and the beds are super comfy. In fact, my fiance has problems sleeping on most beds, and it was the most comfortable sleep he's had while on vacation - even compared to the 5-star resorts we've been to! There was something about their pillows that supported his neck.

I called after our vacation to inquire about the pillow, and the staff was SO accommodating. They made sure someone from house keeping got back to me so that I could purchase the pillow for him. That is definitely going above and beyond.

We will definitely be back on our next trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mae H
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My daughter, grandchildren and I stayed there for two nights in a family room. The accommodations consisted of a main room with a queen bed, desk and mini fridge. Two adjacent rooms, one with a single and the other with bunk beds. We were on the first floor with parking right outside the door. The best part is the location. The hotel is across the street from Disneyland; it was a short two minute walk with an infant and a four year old. The hotel has a restaurant which we used for breakfast. There is another restaurant next to the hotel. It has been there since 1957. It had great food, a wonderful atmosphere - a player piano - and a small snack shop. You can't beat the price, accommodations and location.

Room Tip: If traveling with a family' make sure to book a family suit.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ghpvogel
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Glorified Motel 6.
Walls looked like they been painted over and over and over again. Fixtures old and had presence of rust showing. Noise of people coming and going all night. Walls don't keep the noise in so you hear everything. Location is just at the corner up from Grand California and Paradise Pier, so location is pretty close, but so is Best Western. Should of booked Best Western Plus: ( it's just as close.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Parmend6
Reviewed March 6, 2014

In short this stay has ruined most neighboring Disneyland hotels for us! We have decided we have found our go to hotel. The staff is so friendly, even with my voucher for a discounted rate we received excellent service with a smile. From the lobby to the room. The cleaning service even changed all of our sheet from Down to Hypo-allergenic for my other half ..literally within seconds of our request.. I think they may have some of the Magical touch there since they are only like 2 blocks from Disneyland! haha! Breakfast was clean and yummy and our server also extremely sweet. The room was awesome, even on a rainy day ..they provided slippers for us to wear on the hard wood floors.. no complaints! Highly recommend this place and cant wait for our next trip to stay again!

Room Tip: The concierge room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Arrived at hotel aprox 3 hours before check in, but room was available and ready, they checked us in and had us in our room in abut 10 minutes. Customer service was that of a 5 star hotel. Hotel is Beautiful, accomodations are AMAZING food is great, and even the other guests were great probably because they were so well takem care of

Room Tip: we traveled with my husband myself and our 1 daughter the mission suite was PERFECT, we had our king...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family