“My fourth stay...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
“My fourth stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I've now stayed at the Anabella four times and each time has been great. It's nothing fancy. In fact, sometimes you can really see that it's an older, remodeled hotel, but it is super clean, and the beds are very comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. It's not cheap, but considering you are a 15 minute walk from the park, it's worth it. My only gripe? If you're going to charge me $10 per night parking, make sure the sprinklers don't spray my car and leave those awful hard water spots. If that's the worst thing I have to complain about, then this place is pretty awesome ; )

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AnabellaManager, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear JanisTravels,

Thank you sharing your candid review with us here on Trip Advisor. We are continuously working on improving our hotel with countless hours. Nonetheless, we will continue to offer our guests a superior location, with comfort, value, & exceptional service.

Your comments about the sprinklers have been forwarded to my Chief Engineer for correction. Please accept our apologies.

Janistravels, let us know when your 5th stay with us will be and one our reservationists will make your booking process smooth. Thank you for choosing the Anabella Hotel to meet your lodging needs when travelling to the Disneyland Resort Area.

Kind Regards,
Brandon Jemison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Took my family and stayed in a Kid Suite for my daughter's 4th birthday. The kids loved the bunk beds and our bed was very comfortable. We had a great time at the hotel and the service was excellent. Only a short walk away from both Disneyland and California Adventure. We can't wait to go again. Thank you.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nosleepjames
Dear Nosleepjames,

We're all pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our newly redesigned Kid's Suites. With Classic Disney and Cars themes we were all really excited to hear about how our guests would like them.

We hope you did get some sleep during your visit Nosleepjames and look forward to another opportunity to have you and your family back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Brandon Jemison
Antioch, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

The location and price were unbeatable. The downside was that out power went out in the middle of the night in our room and I was using the fridge for milk for my baby. The next day the staff was very helpful and helped us move to a better room and compensated us for the night. They were helpful with all our questions. The only thing is that the rooms are a little small but for the price and distance from Disneyland, I will stay here again!
The food at the restaurant was good and not too expensive but the pizza delivery from their restaurant was horrible!! Worse than any frozen pizza and it turned out to be 30 for one large pizza.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is great for going to Disneyland! I just stayed last weekend with 2 friends for the Disney Tinker Bell Race Weekend. This hotel was an easy walk to the sneaky way into the park (thru the Grand California Resort). But I believe it would have only been about an extra 5-10 minutes had we went the other way. I don't know how many people would read this review for another race, but this has to be the BEST location for the start and end of the race. I would for sure stay here again just for that. The hotel staff was nice and friendly and super helpful. We stayed in room 2108 which was at the back. Upon arrival, late Friday night, there were no parking spots, so I just followed the trend and parked along the edge of the parking lot. It felt a little odd, but I guess it was no big deal. Just annoying to have to pay $15 to park, when there was really no where to park. The room was AMAZING!!! One queen (maybe a double??) in the corner, which was great. I felt like I had my own little space. The King size bed faces the tv ( can't really watch tv from the smaller bed- but I guess that is good for sleeping kids). We had a nice walk to the pool. The pool is GREAT. Nice hot tub. Lots of places to lounge. Bar close to pool (expensive, except at happy hour). There is also a second pool for adults only. Nice area outside the main lobby. Loud cheesy music, but more funny, than annoying. Hotel had a big bathroom, nice counter bar, could for food or setting things out to get ready for the next day, doing your makeup, making coffee. Comfy beds. As other people noted- walls are thin. I think the people above us were throwing their suitcases around at 11pm ( and we had been up since 3am). Both nights we could hear other people from other rooms. But other than that everything was really nice. I would stay here again. Nice (free for us, based on the special we booked) breakfast.

Room Tip: room 2108 was good.. easy to walk to the pool, ice was about 4 rooms down, towards the back, so I im...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We are annual disneyland pass holders, so every time we come down to SC the Anabella is our home away from home. The staff is great they are always accommodating to our needs. The bell staff is great, concierge staff is awesome. The front desk is super friendly at check in. The rooms do look tired and out dated, but the staff is the reason why we keep coming back. Being hoteliers ourselves we know how important customer service is. See you guys in 2 months. Special thanks to the bell staff for everything they do. Jason and Cindy.

• Stayed January 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is the greatest! It's charming, and clean, and the pool area is beautiful and relaxing. The rooms have hardwood floors and beautiful decor; we stayed in a King Mission Suite with the extra room for our daughter and it was perfect. The extra room has its own flat-screen TV, ceiling fan and alarm clock. The plantation shutters on the windows and the beautiful views of all the lush tropical foliage really make you feel like you're on an island. The super duper loooooong granite counter top in the bath area was perfect for all of our stuff. Loved the bathroom, and especially the strong shower pressure and hot water. It was definitely a spa experience to take a shower (also had a full bath tub). We had breakfast at the Tangerine cafe twice; the service and food were exceptional. But my favorite part was absolutely the pool area, with the beautiful open bar/restaurant area and the hot tub with the strongest jets I've ever experienced in a hot tub. We were there for the Tinker Bell half marathon weekend so it was CRITICAL that we had some aqua therapy, and we got it! The wait staff services the pool area with a full menu so we never had to leave our chairs. SO GREAT!

I do want to comment on a few of the reviews I read from other travelers complaining about the condition of the rooms. They are not perfect; the rooms are gently used. They are LOVED. There are a few spots of wrinkled wallpaper, and a few discolored spots on the floors here and there. Completely not an issue for me. I think it has tons of charm and character, and I'd rather it be "broken in" than new and sterile and void of personality. Whoever says they won't stay there again because of a little hole in a wall (where a picture should be hanging?) might need to loosen up a bit. :-)

The location can't be beat, either. It's right on the corner of Katella, next to a great diner and kitty-corner from the Disney parking lots. We walked to California Adventure in five minutes, and to Downtown Disney in 10 minutes. Perfect location for a fraction of the price of a Disney hotel. The beds and bedding are spectacular, and comfy and clean, and "never getting out of this bed" perfect. Pillows are the best!

The concierge and welcoming crew are fabulous. LOVE that man Auguste! What a doll; everyone is so helpful. They called us a cab, helped us with luggage, didn't expect any gratuities at all (shooed my husband away when he reached for his wallet) ... I love this place. You MUST STAY at the Anabella!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids, choose a suite with the extra room. Our daughter just loved having her own little...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Veronica B
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very clean, room was a nice size for three. Service was good from front end staff, although cleaning staff helped themselves to food in our room and left dirty cloths on the counter. Walls are paper thin, could hear every voice and sound from the rooms next door and above s. Nice and close to Downtown Disney though

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family