“Loved It” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Loved It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2004

We stay there every year for the Religious Congress Convention. My mother and I love it. It is right next door to the Anaheim Convention Center. Which is perfect because we do not need to walk far. It is reasonably priced, clean, comfortable, quiet, and just a pleasure to stay in.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Rooms Division Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 2, 2005
Thanks for your review. We just finished our fifth year with Religious Education Congress and are looking forward to next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2004

My son's soccer team stayed in the Anahiem area from July 20-24, 2003 and were had reservations originally at Parkside Inn & Suites. Don't stay there! Worse place in Anahiem. But back to the Anabella Hotel, we changed to this hotel because of how the hotel looked on the outside, nice and safe and good thing we did stay. The staff was helpful, the rooms were nice, clean, and average size for our party of 5 (3 adults & 2 kids). Called to see if we liked our room and also when we requested for more towels, it came less than 5 mins and called to see if we did receive them. Prices were reasonable since we made them less than 2 hours in advance. I would stay here again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks for your reviews and it would be great to have the soccer team here again. Please call about our Frequent Stay Program.
Milpitas, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2004

I have stayed at the Annabella quite a few times and it seems each time it goes down hill a little bit more. I was there the week after Christmas 2003 and from check in to check out daily problems. First two days the heater was broken. Sunny California is really cold in the winter. I had three children with me. It was miserable. Quote of regular room on message machine after giving up a mini-suite was $79 but on check out two nights were $109 and guess what "Too Bad" as I only had their front desk personnel's verbal not in writing. Toilet backed up and I waited until 3:00 am for the service that was suppose to be coming. Did not clear this problem until after I went to the desk in the morning. With three children, this was a major problem. In the past I have recommended this hotel and have been responsible for upward of 50 people using it. I can no longer recommend this hotel and have booked different hotels for my scheduled five visits this year. I am a Premium Annual Pass Holder at Disneyland and am in Anaheim quite often.
Their attitude when I told them I would not stay there again was perfected "WE do not care". Happily I can say since my trip I have managed to turn away several groups from staying there.

• Stayed December 2003
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank disneygram1955
, General Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 14, 2005
I am sorry that your stay was less than desirable and would appreciate that you contact me directly so that I may personally follow up on your stay with us.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2004

Took our grandson to Disneyland at the end of 2002, and booked the Anabella for 10 nights. Chosing a hotel from a brochure, and from so far away, can be a bit scary. You never know what you will get. However we were extremely happy, and have rebooked for Nov/Dec 2004 for 11 nights, to take our grandaughter to Disneyland. We found our room very clean and comfortable, had no problems at all with housekeeping, Reception or the Restaurant. Thought the breakfasts were very good to start the day. Most nights we ate at the Family restaurant next door, Tillys, there is also another Family restaurant on the opposite corner, think it was Cocos, so plenty of choice for meals. There is a small shop on the hotel grounds where we purchased milk, cold drinks etc. We used the shuttle to Disneyland which was very convenient. In 2002 it was Free, but I believe there is a small cost now. The Concierge was very helpful in booking all our sightseeing trips. We loved our stay at the Anabella and are looking forward to our next one!

2 Thank GrannyLorr
, Rooms Division Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 14, 2005
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and staff. If you are ever returning to Anaheim, please feel free to contact the Reservations Department and inquire about our Frequent Stay Program.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2004

Our trip was wonderful! This was our first trip to Disneyland--with the three kids over 14 years old. The hotel is beautiful and very elegent. A great value indeed. Service is good--except for in the small gift shop. We went in there once to ask change for a $5.00 bill (since it poured rain while we were in the park and we needed to dry our clothes) the young woman acted very irritated and pursued to dig through her small tip jar for quarters before checking her till. She was very rude, and it definetly didn't make me feel bad enough for her to want to give her a tip. Other than that, our stay was great! We took the mattress of the hida-bed (the frame was horrid) and put it on the floor. The maids were kind enough to make the bed as it was laying there on the floor! Great deal for the price~! ...And the view of CA adventure is beautiful. Oh, and when they say, "We are located across the street from Disneyland..." don't let that fool you--yeah, on the other side of the park!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for letting all who wish to see what you said about our hotel. We believe that you must do whatever you can for each guest during their stay as the hotel stay only represents a small amount of a family trip, but it helps provides a memorable vacation.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2004

nothing fancy, but ok. to far from the store and the resturants. kind of stuck up. would not saty there with littel kids because of the walk to every thing. on site resturant not worth the price.

, General Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 2, 2005
I appreciate your review and please contact me directly if I can assist you in any way. We can't hope to improve without hearing from our guests. Thank you.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2004

Hey!!

I wa very disappointed that i was gunna stay at the anabella after all the bad things i read on this site about it and i was expecting to not survive my few days i was staying there but to tell you the truth it was not bad.... I dont know if the service was good when i was there but they had veru good and good attitude workers there was not any junk or uncleanliness in the rooms the maids where not thiefs and they had excellent service the rooms could;ve been a little bit bigger but it was still ok .. the bathrooms were quite big.. the only thing that i didnt like was that it was at least a 15 min walk to disneyland...if your scared to go to anabella dont be and dont believe what ur reading that its horibble and youll die dont worrie and dont be scared becausse its not the best hotel but its good compared to a lot of hotels...Belive me i know!!!

hope you have a fun vacation

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I appreciate all you had to write about our hotel. If you do find yourself visiting the area again, please ask about our Frequent Stay Program. Thanks!