“Mold, no mattress pad, poor logistics”
Review of The Anabella

The Anabella
Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The customer service is terrific. I'll start with that right off the bat. However, they gave us keys for a room that was already occupied. The poor lady who we walked in on, it was a security nightmare. We were given other rooms way back in the back but then our new key wouldn't work. The new room had some black mold on the peeling wallpaper (it looked like it had flooded at some point). The mattress looked clean but no mattress pad--simply a bottom sheet right on the mattress.

The Tangerine Bar seemed nice but the drinks were incredibly overpriced. We also were hit up by the Wyndham Vacation Club people who were nice but slightly pushy. I just don't understand why they were there in the first place.

The location is amazing and the price was right if you get the 1/2 off Sunday special.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyenti
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Hello Cyenti,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for the error at check-in and the poor quality of the room you received. I would like to investigate this further and have it addressed by my Chief Engineer. A private message has been sent to you. If you could please respond back with your room number I would appreciate it.

Your kind words regarding our service, value, & location is valued. Thank you for choosing the Anabella Hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

714-905-1050

There are newer reviews for The Anabella

Reviewed June 22, 2013

After reading these reviews I was a little hesitant on booking, but my girlfriend was persistent at giving it a try because of the two pools and the nearness and value to disneyland. Upon pulling into the parking lot I was incredibly happy I booked here, it is very lush and green and well kept. I can see how some people call it a motel because it is open aired but it is truly a resort feel. Its all closed off and youre tucked away, but to each their own. Check-in was quick and easy, Yesenya was very nice as well as the girl she was training, she got us in and on our way. We upgraded from a Casita Suite to a Concierge Room. Great decision we got breakfast for two and a patio on our room. The patio looked nice but unfortunately never used it as we were either at the park or at the pool. The service at the pool was lacking but the walk to the bar isnt extremely far, I just dont like the plastic cups you get served in. There is a charge for parking which I think seems to have become inescapable. Being a sucker for great service I give it 5 stars and will return soon making this the place to stay for disney trips.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan F

Dear Ryan F,

Thank you for your five out five review on Trip Advisor and thank you for booking with our hotel. We know that there are many hotels to chose from in the resort area and are honored you chose to stay here. We cannot wait to have you back!

All the best,
Jennifer Silva
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The staff were lovely. The concierge and bell men were very knowledgeable and very friendly. Rooms were set out well and very comfy and clean. It's a great place and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Walking distance to Disneyland!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Staceyjmill,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. We are so happy you found our hotel to be a great place an thoroughly enjoyed your time here. We hope to have you back soon!

All the best,

Jennifer Silva
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My daughters and I fled the Anabella after our first night there even though I knew I'd lose the money for the second night I had paid in advance through Expedia. (I wasn't able to check this place out on Tripadvisor before booking the room.) This place looks cozy on the photos but don't be fooled. Our room (#1108) had paper thin walls; being on the ground floor, we could hear the other guests taking a shower above us, or watching TV next door, etc. The bathroom and beds were clean and comfortable, as was the nice day bed, but the pull-out sofa was so dirty (it looked like it dated from the time the hotel was built) that I wouldn't even sit on it. The street noise was quite noticeable too. As for the staff, some were pleasant and some a bit stand offish. If you're visiting Disneyland, as we were, I suggest you pick one of the park's hotels. Pricier but likely to be worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room removed from the main entrance and on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valaya G,

Please accept our apologies for the noise disturbances you endured. We always try to accommodate requests for our guests. If anybody is a little bit more sensitive to noise we offer second floor rooms so you will never be disturbed by the person above you. Your report regarding the sofa has been reported to our housekeeping department for deep cleaning.

Always feel free to bring any concerns to our attention at any point during your stay so they may be addressed immediately. Our dedicated service team is here for you. Thank you for mentioning the comfort of our beds. It is our goal to provide each one of our guests with a nice sleep while they’re on vacation.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I debated on staying here after reading a few not so positive reviews but the staff on the phone had been so friendly and convinced me it was a short walk....(not so much) to the park I gave it a try. The room was NOT what I reserved but it worked just fine. Super pretty grounds oh my heavens this they DO keep up. The room was 1121 King with daybed "accessible" so NO TUB. Get into room and find its $10 a day for wifi who does that anymore. Sucky. :( oh ya and $15 a day for parking which is SUPER limited. We had to hike to our room. First night was ok but woke at 6am with the neighbors in their room talking- we heard every word. Then the pounding from the room above. Not only that but bad headache....felt like an allergy sinus one and I don't have lots I'm allergic too.. After searching I see that there is BLACK MOLD in the shower. NOOOOO I am super allergic to it. I called and told them we are leaving for the park and they would "try" to send someone over. Get back at midnight it's still there- call next morning.....etc etc never got cleaned!!!!! No other rooms available either ugh. Oh well I only have to sleep a few hours here. Last morning here my son finds not one but TWO pincher bugs crawling on him. UMMMM can you say ewwwww. Upon check out and showing my photos of the mold they did comp (how sweet) our parking but hmmm no manager available anywhere on site because they were all at the convention center. Are you kidding me???? I must say the staff was super helpful and super nice. The beds and linens were great but doesnt do much if you can't sleep because of noise. Pool is nice but always crowded so didn't spend much time there but its pretty and clean.
The walk is indeed long about 15/20 mins to the park gates. Get a shuttle guys :) :). If they clean up the mold/bugs, add parking (free) and free wifi I might reconsider but as of now I'm going back Harbor Blvd side. Sorry Anabella.

Room Tip: Possibly a second floor on the end might help with the super paper thin walls. BEFORE you unpack che...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We are currently staying at the Annabella. We have stayed here many times. We like the location and price except the one downside is the service is very very slow! We sat down to an early dinner yesterday, maybe one other family eating but they were almost done. It took an HOUR to get our food!! The waitress was so apologetic, not her fault. Now, sitting poolside and ordered two basic drinks and a quesadilla....it's been..yes, almost an hour. I am a pretty laid back person but this is unacceptable. It's not crowded out here at all. I don't know, I give up on this place. Think this will be the last time.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Macy114
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel: No this is actually a Motel. Room: clean, no safety lock on the door and many of the plug ins did not work. Poorly maintained. Bathroom: Updated but not well maintained. Price: about $80 too high and the local government nickel and dimes you with fee after fee after fee. We stayed 3 nights, went to the bar once and the bill was 3 pages long. Parking: difficult and expensive. The property: Impressive but no attention to detail. Bar and Restaurant: Service was slow and the food quality was below average. Eat down the street. I was told to put my room service tray outside my door when I was done. I did but 28 hours later it was still there and began to smell. Gross!! Over all: We paid 2x too much for our stay and got much less than we imagained we would. Disappointed!!!! sums up our stay. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barry M
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Barry M,

Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you with the level of service and value that the Anabella Hotel & Resort prides itself on. Your review is very disappointing to hear and will be utilized for training. We are working tirelessly and to give each one of our guests the most exceptional experience offered in the Anaheim Resort.

You patronage is valued here at the Anabella Hotel and welcomed for a future visit should you find yourself in the area again. Feel free to reach out to me directly and I would be more than happy to take care of your booking personally.

714-905-1050