“Great hotel for a Disneyland vacation!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Anabella
Ranked #49 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfield, California, United States
“Great hotel for a Disneyland vacation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent for people visiting Disneyland - it's a ten minute walk through the lobby of the Grand Californian to downtown disney. You can see the disney fireworks from the grounds of the hotel. The hotel is very clean, house keeping is very good. I really liked the hotel restaurant - Tangerine - great food, reasonably priced. The staff were always very courteous and accommodating, they make you feel special! The hotel is laid out in small clusters of buildings with about three stories in each. While the interior is cozy and nice, the exterior facade could do with a makeover or maybe it's just designed to look old-world. The good thing about having separate buildings is that you can park right outside your room. If you don't want to eat at the in-house restaurant, there are lots of great options right outside the hotel and they stay open quite late into the night. ihop at the entrance to disneyland is an excellent breakfast option. This is a family friendly hotel, definitely not for smokers - it's a non smoking property. The rooms have a small fridge, locker, ironing board. The toiletries provided are all organic and top-notch. Try to go over on weekdays - the crowd in disneyland doubles over the weekends and there's an impossible wait for all rides. Have fun!!

Room Tip: We stayed at a building called 'San Rafael' which was right at the back of the property on t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

All of our staff takes great pride in not only maintaining our grounds but providing exemplary customer service; we strive to make every guest feel special. We are a campus style property covering 8 beautifully landscaped acres; every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’. I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to our housekeeping staff. All of our rooms come equipped with mini fridges, safes, ironing board and many other amenities.

Being centrally located allows all of our guests not only a quick walk to Disneyland but a perfect view of the fireworks. The Tangerine Grill provides a fresh take on California entrees, providing an eclectic menu that is not only healthy but delicious

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. We look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to provide another great experience! Thank you for your recommendation, feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

(714)905-1050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bakersfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Anabella Hotel has accomodations that would be fine for a family that is looking for a short walk to Disneyland, but doesn't want to pay for a Disneyland hotel. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. There are also rooms for families who want daybeds for a single child as well as multi beds/rooms for small children. There is a parking fee (but when isn't there in LA?). There is a restaurant next to the office that serves a very good and reasonably priced breakfast. The only drawbacks are the rooms do open to a walkway and the walls are a little thin, however, I wasn't bothered by any unreasonably loud guests at night.

Room Tip: If you are able get a room upstairs to limit noise. Try to check in and keep your car at the hotel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

It makes us happy to hear you found our beds comfortable and our grounds up to your expectations. All of our staff takes great pride in not only maintaining our grounds but providing exemplary customer service. Every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’.

We have fourteen different room types, able to accommodate any traveler or family. Being centrally located allows us to be a quick walk to both Disneyland and the Convention Center. We are a campus style layout, covering 8 acres of landscaped ground, all of our doors open to the outside allowing guests to enjoy Disney’s nighttime fireworks.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim.. Please let us know the next time you will be in the Anaheim Resort area, as we look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to provide another great experience! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Sherman Oaks
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Warning - there is a parking charge of $15 per night on top of whatever rate you might find, plus there was a $2 per night charge that was never explained to me.

The property is very close to Disneyland and California Adventure. I walked. There is also an Anaheim shuttle bus that stops in front of the hotel and drops you right off at Disneyland. A 5 minute ride.

My particular room was noisy noisy noisy! I was on a ground floor room and I'm sure that is part but not all of the problem. I stayed here the day before participating in a Disneyland run that started really early in the morning. So I really wanted to go to sleep early. Unfortunately the floor of the room above me squeaked when people walked on it - which they did for at least an hour after I had gone to bed.

The air/heater was a wall unit and while it worked well it was very loud.

Since I had to get up at 4:30 am to get to the run, I wanted to try to sleep a few more hours when I returned to the room at 7am. Unfortunately the staff seemed to come on work right at that time as I listened to many many carts rolling out past my room, one of them hitting my door, as well and much loud conversation and some yelling among the staff.

The room itself - I had one of the King Bed rooms. To me it seemed VERY small. I can't imagine that two beds could fit in this square footage, so it must be a smaller room than their standard. Interesting that they charged more for the king bed. The bed was very comfortable. The floor was "wood" and was not well cleaned. My white socks came up grey walking into the bathroom. In the morning walking around barefoot, the bottom of my feet got dirty very quickly. There was no bathtub only a shower. There is a small refrigerator which was convenient.

Room Tip: Avoid a ground floor room if at all possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dianeinla
Dear Dianeinla,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated. There is no better learning tool for us than direct feedback from our guests. Trust me we take your feedback to heart and will make every effort to learn from your experience and avoid re-occurrence.

I was very sorry to hear of the disappointments you experienced and sincerely apologize again for failing to meet your expectations. I truly regret there were numerous service issues that occurred to spoil what should have been a relaxing prelude to your half marathon.

I hope for an opportunity to redeem ourselves and have you back again next year. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to make your next booking.

Brandon Jemison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

First, they charge a deposit for damages. If any occur! Didn't know that until we looked at our bank account and saw we were charged $94 for a two night stay.

Second, the room. It was nice and spacious and clean. Room was extremely cold at night! The heater/ air conditioner had a 1/2 inch space between the wall and the unit where the cold air came in! We had a casita suite which included a small room it was extremely cold at night as well! The room was located next to a noisy shipping yard which you could hear everything clearly very early in the morning. Btw the heater didn't heat very much. The room walls were super thin could hear the people on either side of clearly plus noisy plumbing. The pluses, beds were comfy. Pillows were hard as a rock though. The bathroom clean and pretty smelling soaps. The staff was friendly. Even got us a room sooner than the 4pm check in time.

The location was good too. A 10 minute walk to the parks. So no need for riding the shuttles.

I'm not going to stay here again. Save your money and go else where. Too many hidden fees and cold rooms!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Mia8806
Dear Mia8806,

Thank you for staying at the Anabella Hotel & Resort. You were very gracious to point out so many positive aspects of your visit including our “comfy” beds, Paya Brand Soaps and Lotions, plus overall cleanliness. I’m glad we were able to check you in early and our staff was friendly in doing so.

I am curious to find out what room you stayed in so I may look into the heater and ½ inch space you referred to. I do apologize for these challenges as they are not indicative of our overall room quality. These comments are very concerning to me and I would like to ensure they were addressed.

Our Deposit Policy is in place to secure reservations and allow for incidental or miscellaneous expenses outside the room charge. These incidentals may be services such as dining at our Tangerine Bar & Grill or telephone calls to name a few. This policy should have been more clearly defined prior to your visit.

Feedback such as yours is highly valuable for training and improvement so, again I thank you. There are many options in the Anaheim Resort Area to choose from and the Anabella Hotel & Resort values your patronage. It seems there were many aspects of our hotel you enjoyed. With 14 different room types sitting on 8 acres, I feel confident there is the perfect room for you here. Please reach out to me directly the next time you’re in the Anaheim Resort Area so I may help you in doing so.

Brandon Jemison
714-905-1050
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Anabella Hotel has a perfect location for visiting either park. The restaurant attached to the hotel will serve you a quick, hot breakfast before you head into the park. The rooms are fine. As long as you don't expect super luxurious accommodations, your expectations will definitely be met. The bathroom seemed pretty newly renovated, plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable and after a long day of walking the parks, you'll be rested. It seems like people who review this hotel and are disappointed probably don't live in California and don't realize that things just cost a lot more here--including hotels! I would definitely visit Anabella again next time I go to Disneyland!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sectravels
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! It is also delightful to hear you found our beds comfortable and our newly renovated bathrooms up to your liking. Being centrally located we are a quick walk to both Disneyland & the Convention Center, making us perfect for any of your travel needs. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to the Tangerine Grill, I am sure they will be happy to hear the service and breakfast were up to your expectations.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. We look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to provide another great experience! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Corrales, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We just returned from our annual tradeshow business trip. The Annabelle was a new hotel for us - we typically frequent larger more "corporate" hotels. I can't say enough about the Anabelle. It was a fresh change from our typical stay. We loved the boutique feel, the cleanliness of the rooms and grounds and the customer-service oriented staff - front desk and concierge were wonderful. Finally, our favorite about the Annabelle was the Tangerine grill. (Thank you, Roberta for your great service.) Wow! It was so great to have a restaurant on site that offers healthy, delicious food. Once we had our first meal there, it became the only venue we ate at for our 4 day stay. I can see this hotel being an asset to Disney families and corporate travelers. Thanks Annabelle! You're our new hotel venue of choice for Anaheim. See you next year.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor rooms and opposite the pool side if you would like some quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It is also delightful to hear that you found our service and grounds up to your expectations. All of our staff takes great pride in not only maintaining our grounds but providing exemplary customer service. Every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’.

The Tangerine grill provides a fresh take on California entrees, providing guests with an eclectic menu that is not only healthy but delicious as well. I will be sure to pass on your review to them, as well as Roberta specifically, I am sure she will be delighted to hear your kind remarks.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. We look forward to your return next year, and the opportunity to provide another great experience! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The motel is only about 10 minute walk to Disney parks. The property is nice on the outside. Our room was the Deluxe Casita suite w/1 queen and daybed. First impression the room was cute,but discovered many flaws. Unfortunately we were there during a very, very cold snap (20's one night). Room has a wall unit for a/c and heat. It never did completely heat the room with the daybed and the bathroom was like an icebox. Also bathroom was completely tiled and with the steam every thing was wet (hairdryer, walls, slippery floors). No vent so you had to crack the window. Also the plugs were very loose, had a hard time plugging anything in. The convention center was behind the building we stayed in. The did alot of unloading right outside the window of the daybed room late into the night. The room also had a smell to it, which would explain why our windows were open when we checked in at midnight. I will say the shower had plenty of hot water and a good flow, beds were comfortable and clean. Also I did see other rooms like ours that seemed to have been upgraded somewhat.

Room Tip: Request a building unit away from the convention center.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rene C
Dear Rene C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Anabella Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you liked our location; however, I’m disappointed with the level of warmth that our heater omitted. We have dedicated maintenance staff that could have fixed our replaced such an issue promptly, especially during such a chilly night. We encourage our guests to report any challenges they encounter so we may correct it immediately. I am sorry if we fell short in this area.

With the challenges you experienced it was nice to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and had a nice hot shower. Our housekeeping staff takes exceptional pride in overall cleanliness and I’m glad we met your expectations.

I hope to retain your loyalty and have another opportunity to serve you again. Please let me know the next time you return to the area so I may personally make your booking.

Brandon J. Jemison