“Nice location, value for money”
Review of The Anabella

The Anabella
Ranked #51 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yakima, Washington
“Nice location, value for money”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was in Anaheim for a convention, the value at the Anabella was a draw as in the past I have been at the Hilton... it's a perfect location for conventions and/ or Disneyland. Parking is ample, the rooms are clean and large. Best shower pressure I've had in a hotel for a... Long long time! (It usually takes 10 minutes to get the shampoo out of my hair! Not here, fabulous!). Pool looked nice, and they have separate 'quiet pool' if you're not wanting kids around. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families alike!

Room Tip: This property is much larger than it appears from the street... If quiet is wanted request one of th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Are location is perfect for all Disneyland guests and Convention Guests as well, we are directly across the street from Disneyland and right next door to the convention center. I do apologize for the heavy parked cars here we have had many full nights and we do only have one parking spot per each guest room. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the beautiful Anaheim area and we hope to see you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
California, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Anabella is the best hotel in the Disney area if you are not lucky enough to actually stay at a Disney property. The staff (GARRETT is AWESOME) is absolutely wonderful. They are friendly and will always try and help with anything you need. The rooms are just spectacular. These beds are by far quality beyond belief. You'll want to put it your trunk and take it home. The set up of the rooms with little private entrances make the room quiet and PRIVATE. I wish I could say something negative because every review needs a flip side but I just can't. If price is your concern, they always have competitive prices and last minute deals. But like anything you get what you pay for. You will not be disappointed! This is a great location with many things within walking distance or a very short drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
This could be the nicest review to date, thank you so much for posting a review online about your recent stay here at the Beautiful Anabella hotel and Resort. The culture and mentality that we have here is very important to all of us each guest is considered a VIP and needs to be treated like one which is why our service is so exceptional. Thanks again for taking the time to post online and I will be sure to pass the wonderful notes on to Garrett our manager and we hope to see you stay with us again in the near future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We revisited the Anabella Hotel again last week. It's our favourite and as always we're very much looked after by the staff. We come from New Zealand and we know after a 12 hour flight, that we are going to have a good sleep in the Anabella's comfortable beds.
All of my family and friends stay at the Anabella Hotel. For us, it's Home Away from Home and it's great when you're walking past the restaurant outside and another staff member's face lights up when she says Hello Guys with a welcome smile, you're back and you realise, she rememberd who we are.
A fabulous hotel in the quieter side of Disney but only about and 8 minute walk into Downtown Disney through the Grand California Hotel ( a must to see for those who can't afford to stay there).
Hopefully we'll be going back again next year.

Room Tip: We just ask for a quiet room. We always go for a King Bed with a Double Bed because the room is bigg...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Well thank you very much for taking the time to post such a nice and kind review. We try very hard here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort with every one of our guests, we truly feel the service needs to be excellent to ensure each guest that travels to the Anaheim area has wonderful memories to take home with them. I am so pleased you were happy with the staff service and overall attitude. I do know this is a far trip for you to make but remember you are always welcomed here at one of Anaheim’s best kept secrets, your home away from home.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I spent a one week vacation along with one other adult friend.
My initial appraisal of our room was, “adequate”, but what really surprised us was the overall feel of the property, the room became much more than adequate. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The food and service at the restaurant and patio lounge was wonderful. The two swimming pools, one adult, quiet, and one large family were great. Transportation by shuttle and Grayline bus was right out front of hotel. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out we felt we were truly appreciated.

Room Tip: If you are arriving early the bell service will hold your bags but room was ready at 4PM
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dale H
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice and informative review on the beautiful Anabella Hotel and Resort. I appreciate your feedback on the rooms we are in the process of upgrading all of the rooms. We try very hard to provide the best possible service and product for all of our guest so thank you so much for pointing that out. I really appreciate all of your comments and points and I do hope that you try us out again in the near future.
Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I rented a mission suite, as my family was joining me later on a business trip at the COnvention Center.The room itself is decent sized, and the little day-bed bedroom was great for my Tween. Not a huge room but bigger than most regular two-bed motel rooms.

Pros: The grounds are nice. The location is convenient to Disney (10 minute walk if you go through the fancy Disney Hotel) and to the Convention Center (a 5 minute walk just down the street). The adult-only pool is a quiet haven and has more comfortable lounges than the kids pool. The patio restaurant is pretty good, and the bar service is good. Room was clean. Service was pleasant.

Cons: Room safe barely fit my 14-inch laptop - I had to prop it up an an angle to get it jammed in there. Need a safe that can accommodate up to 16" screens folks - especially since you are next to the convention center. Check-in is at 4 PM - got it bub? I got there at 1 PM after a long day of travel. I'm there on business for 5 days - one would think that even if the room was not yet ready, they could direct cleaning staff to make the room their next stop to be able to accommodate the customer. I ended up waiting until 4 PM, and even then the room had not been cleaned, and THEN they had to bump it up in the cleaning schedule to get it done by 4:15. Not cool.

One disturbing thing while I was there. Each morning I leave $5 tip in the bathroom and a note saying it is a tip for the maid (Tipping does wonders for service). My TV remote wasn't working the first morning so I told the front desk. When I stopped by my room at lunch, my TV remote had been fixed, the $5 and my note were gone, and the room had not yet been made up. My guess is that the TV remote repair person went through my room looking for valuables and swiped the maid's tip. I let it slide since I didn't want some maintenance dude with keys mad at me for the next four days. I did lock up everything in the safe or my bag after that though. Kept on tipping the maid but it was not clear that she ever actually got the tip.

So - would I stay at the Annabelle again? Probably not. If you are going to splurge on Disney, which is outrageously expensive, you might as well go a bit more into hock and stay at one of the three Disney resorts - they have much much better pools and location. If you are there for the Convention Center, then I would recommend the Sheraton, Marriott or Hilton. There is a decided lack of decent coffee shops and restaurants in the Annabelle area. Much better options over by the Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank auroraclubjazz
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank so very much for taking the time to post online regarding your stay to the beautiful Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am so please that you liked the room layout and room type, that makes me really happy to hear it fit you and your family perfectly. One of our main attractions is our location directly next to the hotel and across the street from Disneyland’s California Adventure. Thank you so much for your comments on the tips, I will defiantly do an internal investigation to get to the bottom of this. I really appreciate all of the comments and hope to see you stay with the Anabella Hotel and Resort again in the near future.
Reynella, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

To be honest we slept here. Stayed three nights to sleep and the rest we spent in Disneyland (40+ hrs in 3 days). Room was nice. Walk thru the Disney Hotel to get to the Disney Entrance. Pool & Spa good. No problems with the service.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments and your recent posting. I am so happy that you had a memorable stay with us at one of Anaheim’s best kept secrets. We try very hard to provide the best possible product and service to all of our guests. Thanks again for your wonderful posting and I hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.
San Francisco
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been trying various hotels around Disneyland while attending Mickey's Trick or Treat Night in October. The Disney properties were outside our budget this year, so I tried the Anabella as it looked fairly close to Disneyland and had decent reviews. For perspective it is about two or three blocks to reach the Disney Hotels/Downtown Disney where you can cut through to Disneyland. We walked to and from the park, and my 8 year old held up well until we reached the hotel. However, I was not crazy about the hotel (I would actually describe it as a motel). My niece thought it was nice because the room was slightly larger than usual, but I did reserve one of the concierge rooms. Downside of this hotel is the noise of screaming children. Yes, I have my own child, but I don't allow her to wake up the neighborhood at 6:00 AM I had to tell a family at 6:00 AM to please be quiet as they were allowing their three kids to scream and fight outside our door. Thankfully they were packing up to leave, but they were not the only family who seemed to have no boundaries. Not the hotel's fault, but I think I will return next time to a less "family friendly" property. I just didn't see any other upside (besides the location) to staying there. It is also an older property and had the wet musty smell to it. Don't get me wrong, the room was clean, but older hotels sometimes just can't seem to get past the musty issue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LoveToTravel1070
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Well thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay here at the beautiful Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and the overall feeling and comfort of our beautiful Anaheim gem. Our hotel accommodates all travelers’ convention guests and Disneyland guests as well. We have two pools and a nice large restaurant as well. Well thanks again for your posting and we are looking forward to seeing you stay with us again in the near future.