“LOVED IT!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona
“LOVED IT!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is not one of those large chain hotels, with the mini-bar and over priced water bottles in the room. We had a deluxe room (which was L shaped) with a queen sized bed and and full sized couch with a pull out bed. This room was just recently revamped with wood flooring and granite bathroom tile and walls. The bathroom was a nice size and clean. The queen sized bed was very comfortable. We had a family situation so a quick sudden change in plans. We needed to keep our grandson with us for the night. The staff sent up and made the fold out couch ready for sleeping. It was the perfect size for a 3.5 year old. The room was clean and reasonable spacey compared to the larger hotels where you get a bed, a desk, a t.v.. This had the bed with the sitting area turning into a bed and two additional chairs for more comfort. We were just there at the end of september which was the end of the summer season. So basically we had the whole end of the building to ourselves. We also requested an upper floor, (there are only two floors and no elevators) but to carry what little luggage we had up the stairs was no big deal. I had read previous rooms and the recommended to ask for a remodeled room. We got both requests, there was no one on either side of us or below us. Which is good, because using the slippers they provided were sure to cause our would be neighbors to come up and threaten to put those slippers where the sun doesn't shine. I stopped using them after ten minutes because they were one size fits non. They drove me crazy. The hotel staff were friendly, but the staff at Tangerine was a bit different. They did not go out of there way to smile or make us feel welcome. Did they stay up he night before partying, do they no like working with the public or are they just no happy with there jobs. Don't get me wrong, I'm in DISNEYLAND for crying out loud. MY WHOLE TRIP WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MAGICAL. All in all the food itself was good, but the service staff needs a lot of work. Just knowing these few bits of info may help prepare you so that it doesn't ruin your trip. I timed the walk and I'm a pretty fast walker and it is actually about a 15-20 min walk to Disneyland. The weather was great, the sidewalks not crowded and it gets the circulation working. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family. It is a quaint hotel another gem in the oasis!

Room Tip: Ask for the remolded section upper floor. I understand the lower floors can get a lot of overhead n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chilipepr1
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Well first off, thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review online regarding your stay here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and for posting some really nice comments online. I really like the detailed summary of your stay for other online reader. I want to thank you again for such a wonderful posting and I do hope that I get the change to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just had our second stay at the Anabella Hotel in Anaheim. We were pleased with the excellent service, clean rooms and of course, the proximity to Disneyland. We especially love the hotel's restaurant, Tangerine Grill. Their meals are fantastic, especially the breakfasts.

On this trip, we arrived early to the hotel on a Wednesday and they did not have a room ready for us yet. However, we were able to check in and purchase our Disney Park Hopper tickets right away. Also, we were given the needed permit to keep our car in the lot, so no trouble there. We left for a while to have lunch and our room was ready when we returned. We had no trouble getting situated and then walked to California Adventure.

I would say that if I have any one criticism, it's that the sheets and towels are a little too rough for me. I have sensitive skin issues, but nothing to cause major discomfort.

We had booked our room under the "two nights, third free" special and on checkout, there was a glitch that had us paying for the third night. When we pointed out the error, the staff was very gracious and made the correction. When we checked our credit card statement the next day, our charge had been refunded in full.

I highly recommend the Anabella for any stay in Anaheim. It's in a great location if you're visiting Disneyland or the Convention Center. All the restaurants at Garden Walk are within walking distance and the hotel's restaurant is great. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a Mission Suite. King size bed in the main room and a smaller room with a da...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Impslave
Thank you so very much for taking some time to go online and post a review on the Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am so sorry that you did not like the sheets that we have we are currently looking into having them replaced so thank you for taking the time to let Management know. I really love some of your comments even the ones on our promotions we try very hard to provide wonderful deals for all of our guests. Thanks again for your wonderful comments and we hope that you stay with us again in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here at Anabella. It was a short walk for us to Disneyland. Loved the icecream parlour next door!

Room was L shaped so the beds were separated, rather than right next to each other in so many other hotel rooms. Lovely property with beautiful gardens and room was cleaned perfectly every day.

Restaurant had tasty healthy affordable food.
Definitely would stay here again!

Room Tip: King double premier room perfect for families!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim A
uk
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just got back from a wonderful holiday at The Anabella, let me say I was dubious at first after reading the reviews on here, all I can say is they must have stayed at a different place, the staff at Anabella go out of their way to help you,the rooms are cleaned every day,Cory was more than helpful with all our needs even sorting out our flights for back home,if we go back to Anaheim we would most deffinately stay there again. Top marks The Anabella much regards the Butler family

Room Tip: We were on second floor room 9211 and room 9215 just perfect
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Well thank you very much for posting a review online regarding your recent stay here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am so happy that you ended up staying with us despite the fact that you read some negative reviews. We are considered Anaheim’s best kept secret and do hope that people see past all of the negative review. Thank you so very much for taking the time to post online and I hope to see you stay with us again in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Found the annabelle quite good. The rooms we had were good ,clean , and with plenty of room.
The staff were great, more than happy to help. Not shore what was happing with the breakfast waiters / waitress ( didn't seem to be enough staff for quest ). Brought wi-fi one morning at breakfast ($49.00) only to find out that the wi-fi couldn't reach our room, no one wants to know about it , not to worry. Easy walk to Disneyland. The restaurant next door was great, open early and close late. Good staff too, bus stop out the front ( buy a ticket from the machine near the toilets at the annabelle ) would be happy to stay again. We walked to the night shows at Disneyland and we didn't have any problems ,felt quite safe with the kids.

1 Thank Paul S
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for such a nice review, we here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort really appreciate all the kind words and comments you have given us. Our staff tries very hard to provide the best possible product and service which is why we are considered one of Anaheim’s best kept secrets. I am truly sorry that you had some challenges with the restaurant we are having some major personal changes. I do hope that you try us again in the near future, and thanks again for taking the time to post online.
wales
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just came back on 16th october from a 10 day stay in the Anabella hotel, was little worried after reading the reviews but there was no need to be. The hotel staff couldnt do enough for us all we had to do was ask. We lost goggles asked if anyone had handed them in amd the manager went to his car and got a pair of his own for us to borrow. 10 min walk from disney, can see the fireworks from the room,bus stop outside hotel, cleaners clean and make bed every day. used pool and hot tub night and day. only used the Tangerine grill lunch time for a day time snack cant comment on evening meals but lunch time was reasonable for the price. plenty of food places near.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel is clean, nicely appointed and well situated. I'd like to comment on the food but couldn't get any service. I think the waitress and waiters were having a table war and I was a casualty. Sat for 10 minutes without even a hello, asked a waiter going by for a menu then waited 5 more minutes. Nobody! It was 94 degrees and not even a water was offered. Not on my list of eateries with the hundreds to choose from in the area. KJT 10/16/2012

• Stayed October 2012