La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim
Ranked #55 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Stayed Apr 17-21 2006.
Good: Very clean, rooms are good sized, plenty of food at breakfast, curtious & helpful staff, first stop for shuttles to parks so always got a seat.
Bad: Too loud almost like walls are paper thin. Be sure to stay on the highest floor as you can hear every foot step above you. You can hear the busses for Disney staff all night long. Lines at breakfast are long.

All in all not a bad stay but next time I'll spend a bit more to have more quiet.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank BoiseID999

Reviewed April 5, 2006

Keep in mind, that this hotel chain is a mid-price hotel, and many of the hotels around D-land are fairly aged now, so my expectations were not high to begin with.I stayed in the 2-bedroom, family suite which had a great layout and provided a lot of privacy between rooms. However, the negatives were many. First, my room experienced a serious leak from the room above and leaked for several hours before the problem was addressed. Second, the water was turned off for four hours without any notification from the hotel. Third, both showers dripped constantly and had very poor water pressure. Third, the pay-per view had no sound. Fourth, this room vibrated so hard (I guess a nearby a/c unit), that I felt like I was having "mini" earthquakes during my 3-day stay. Fifth, the floor/carpet was quite dirty as it turned my white socks dark. Six, while the breakfast was nice, it was SOOO crowded and loud, that it was uncomfortable to sit and enjoy breakfast. Seven, the "gym" was merely three cario machines and that was it. Eight, the pool and hot tub were acceptable but because it is located in a semi-enclosed area, it is VERY loud. The location was nice, but not really walking distance to the park -- especially with young kids. So, while I liked the concept of the "family" suite, my experience was so disappointing even with my lower expectation. Had I known the Residence Inn by Marriott was right next door, I certainly would have stayed there for 20% less than what I paided for and I would have got the Marriott property which is so much better than La Quinta.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank huey21
Reviewed March 5, 2006

We stayed at the La Quinta for five nights during New Years 2006. We stayed in a "Kids Suite". The sliding door between the two rooms was a nice feature and the everything in the rooms was decent. However, the people above us were extremely loud and kept me awake every single night. I'm not a light sleeper, so this was quite loud. The continental breakfast was just okay, nothing to write home about. Just beware that if you are planning to walk to Disneyland it is a very long walk. Everyone in my group was in their 20's and it was very tiring (especially the walk home.) It also isn't easy to "run and get something from the room." Also be aware that they tack on a $25 per night "Resort Fee" which we were unaware of before check out.

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank ZumaMalibu
A TripAdvisor Member
Oceanside,CA
Reviewed February 24, 2006

We just stayed here from Feb 21-23,2006 for our Disneyland trip. The parking lot is ridiculously small with barley any parking spaces. There are some outside parking spaces but the rest (what little there is) is underground. You can hear the people above you in the room as they walk and you can definately hear the people that are walking AND running outside your door on the hallway of your floor. We had a room that was on the 2nd floor overlooking the small parking lot and the loud and noisy Katella Ave. We could also see and hear the people in the pool. When you are tired the last thing you want is noise!
The nice things were the microwave, mini refrigerator and the king bed was very comfortable. We saved money by bringing our own TV dinners,drinks and snack foods and having that for dinner instead of eating out every night. The breakfast is also a money saver. Not much of a variety but it beats standing in line at the local restaurants and spending more money.
In all, the stay was okay BUT would NOT go back again. This was the first and last time I will stay at any La Quintas.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Gilbert, Az
Reviewed February 8, 2006

My family and I booked this hotel through Getaway today since the Hilton Homewood Suites we normally stay at at Disneyland wasn't available. The staff was nice, but the facilities were seriously lacking! This hotel allows pets and my allergies and asthma could tell! When I made my reservations I requested a room that didn't have a pet prior to my stay. This obviously didn't happen. Also, we were in a non-smoking room and people smoked in the halls. The fridge either froze our food or didn't keep it cold, my cooler worked better for my 1 year olds milk. The "suite" was a room that use to be a regular hotel room, but they put sliding french doors in with a curtain! It didn't feel clean the a/c vent in the bathroom looked like it had black mold and we asked them to clean it everyday and they never did! This was the longest 5 nights of my life!

Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at La Quinta, we were there for 9 nights. The breakfast was great...good selection and great service. The rooms were clean as were the public areas. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again....close to Disneyland and good value for money.

Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank kiwinurse
Reviewed January 24, 2006

This hotel is OK. It was not expensive, for the area, and the staff were polite, helpful and courteous. The breakfast was good and it is only a 10 minute, safe, walk to the gates of Disneyland. If you don't fancy the walk then a bus calls at the hotel.

If you want a hotel to use as a base from which to explore Disneyland and the California Adventure, and you don't want to pay a fortune then this is great.

• Stayed: August 2005