“Thrifty, clean , and spacious hotel.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim
Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Utah
“Thrifty, clean , and spacious hotel.”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have stayed in a lot of hotels owned by La Quinta and have always found them to be affordable and clean. The Anaheim La Quinta is in an excellent location. It sits next door to a new full service mall. The rooms were nice and spacious, and very clean. You really have to watch for the entry drive way to the hotel or you'll find you self going around the block to get on to the hotel property.

It is a nice walk to the Disney resort, and seems to be a very safe area. There were only two things I didn't really like about this hotel and it's not a very big deal. The hallways were not air conditioned- so it was like walking into an oven when getting off the elevator. The breakfast, was very minimal and didn't really have much of a variety. There was no ice machine located on our floor- so we had to go to a different floor to get ice.

We never got a chance to use the pool, but others in the hotel semed to enjoy it. I like to stay at the La Quinta hotels becasue they have the most comfortable beds, and this one was no exception. This hotel cost considerably less then most around the Disney resort, so if you're wanting to save a little money, it's well worth it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haleighsproudmommy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed here before it was a LaQuinta (around 2002) and it is largely the same. We stayed in room 213. It was clean and adequate for our needs. No bedbugs in our room, and believe me I checked it right away after reading the earlier post regarding them. It was nice to have the second bedroom so the teens could hang out, stay up later without disturbing us and sleep in while we woke up early. Our neighbors had a dog in the room (didn't know they were allowed) and there was some barking, but otherwise it was very quiet and easy to sleep at night. We got the "family suite" with the bunk beds (twin/full combo) and even though are children are teenagers, they were comfortable. There is certainly nothing fancy here, but if you are feeling cash-poor after spending 8.99 on Fried Mozzarella sticks and fries at Disneyland, I think you'll be relieved you booked a hotel with reasonable rates and free parking for your rental car. The breakfast is nothing fancy; but it is free and will help you stretch your budget as well. I would not hesitate to return.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank menny84
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My wife had a conference in Anaheim in July so my two daughters, ages 6 and 9, and I decided to tag along and go to Disneyland while she slaved away at her conference. We chose La Quinta Inn and Suites based on price, location and TripAdvisor reviews. We spent 4 nights.

CHECK-IN/PARKING/STAFF
We arrived early, about 7:30AM, received a parking pass and were informed that our room would be ready after 3PM. The parking was crowded, but we found a spot. We left our luggage in the car and then my daughters and I spent the morning and early afternoon at the park while my wife attended her conference. We used the Anaheim Resort Transit (“ART”) to go to and from the park-the front desk sold us the passes. The shuttle was convenient, reasonably priced and there is a stop right next to the hotel. We never waited more than about 20 minutes for the ART (they have a nice website with a map: www.rideart.org). We returned and our room was ready as promised. The front desk was somewhat efficient, if not overly friendly. We requested a 5th floor room after noticing some complaints on TripAdvisor about noise from floors above and were granted our request. There is no bellhop service, but they do have luggage carts (IF you can find them. Some brainiacs snag them and leave them in their room or in one of the halls, leaving you to track them down-this was a major irritant for us and the desk was of no help). They need to place signs on the cart and on the wall where the carts are staged asking guests to properly return them and not leave them in the halls or especially in their room (duh!). Lugging several pieces of luggage without a cart and keeping track of 2 kids aggravated me to distraction.

THE ROOM
The rooms have an unusual layout. They are rectangular with two areas separated by a multi-pane glass dividing wall with a curtain. This actually worked out quite well, allowing natural light into the room during the day, but allowing privacy between the two rooms by drawing the curtains. There is a counter with a vanity sink at the foot of the beds (two queen sized) in one room and the TV, coffee machine, etc. sharing the same counter. This was a bit odd, but worked out OK, as it allowed one person to use the bathroom while another used the sink and mirror for make-up, tooth brushing etc. This room also contained an OK sized armoire. The mattresses were on the firm side and comfortable. There were extra pillows already on the bed. Nice. The second room had a sofabed, table and second TV (which was great for kids-they watched Disney while we watched CSI, etc., no fighting over the remote!) There was also a refrigerator in this room. The towels were small, thin and a bit on the scratchy side-but there were plenty. The carpet was reasonably clean, as were the comforters and linens. The bathroom was small, but clean and in good repair. The shower curtain had one of those curved rods to give more room in the shower-all hotels should have these. The room was a bit on the dark side, and our bedside lamps were mis-wired so that only one at a time would turn on-a little irritating. The TV remotes were fussy and a pain-but we finally got them to work. More or less. Our room faced the park and my wife was able to see the fireworks from the room.

BREAKFAST
The usual “continental breakfast” fare i.e., lots of sweet rolls, some fruits, cereal, juice (apple and orange) and coffee. The best item was the fresh baked sourdough biscuits, presumably to go with the suspect looking grey gravy beside them. I didn’t try the gravy, but loved the biscuits. They were snapped up immediately as they came out. There were also had some processed egg patties that were actually pretty good and waffles and toast. They claim to serve breakfast until 9, but our experience was that if you get there past about 8:20 everything is gone or picked over and sparsely replaced. Best to get there by about 8. There were two rooms with tables and chairs and one plastic outdoor table on a little deck outside. We never had a problem getting a table. The items did not vary while we were there-but we found that it was a very convenient way to start the day and saved time and money.

POOL/GAME ROOM/FITNESS ROOM/ICE
The pool looked small and little dark. It is underneath a concrete roof of the floor above-we didn’t use it. The “game room” is the size of a closet and had 3 or 4 not very interesting looking games. The fitness room was on the fifth floor right across from our room. It had a treadmill and a few other machines that looked to be in decent shape, the room was clean and orderly and had a TV. We didn’t use it. The ice was free (not always the case) and the machine on our floor was new and worked well.

SUMMARY
This hotel was in reasonably good shape. Nothing fancy-and you had to take the shuttle to the park (you could walk, but probably not with kids). The shuttle at the end of the night got very, very crowded. We had to stand on a couple of occasions-not fun with 2 little kids at the end of a long day. The room for the price was fine, the breakfast was passable and that’s about it. The GardenWalk is right across the street, we never went there. They could bump up their customer service a bit, they seemed a little bored and unmotivated-my sense is that is if you have problems they are not very accommodating (the luggage cart is a good example-if it is there, it is there-if not, you are on your own) they were just this side of irritating to deal with. Another example: my wife found a card key in the elevator and decided to be responsible and return it to the front desk. Several employees, including the desk clerk were engaged in what was clearly social conversation behind the desk. They looked at my wife-and continued socializing for several minutes before acknowledging my wife. This kind of lax customer service is, to me, unforgivable. We are NOT doing them a favor by staying there, but that was often the sense that we got. There are a ton of choices in the area-and generally the further from the park, the better the price and amenities. This is a hotel right in the middle-not quite close enough for a comfortable walk-but not quite far enough away for bumped up amenities and service. Make sure you get a good rate, and you will probably be OK with this place. As for myself-I plan on doing more research and trying another property. Competition is fierce in this area and there are just too many other places to stay not to check out some others.

Good luck and happy travels…

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank JayMorg
Fremont, CA
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I liked the room configuration and location and ease of getting to Disneyland, HOWEVER, the bed bugs were HORRIBLE! I know there is an infestation in California but this was over the top!

Management was responsive but with an infestation this severe moving to another room just was not an option! We left in the middle of the night because we couldn't take it.

I'm not putting down any other La Quinta and in fact if it weren't for the bedbugs and the fact that I asked for a non-smoking room and I was put on the smoking floor, the room would have have worked OK. Maybe other La Quinta hotels are great but this one has a real bed bug problem!

Before booking with this hotel ask them out right if they have gotten the bed bug problem resolved.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I'm a big fan of La Quinta, and this one didn't disappoint.

I was on a trip with my wife, father and younger sister for my dad's birthday. We stayed here one night, as we had booked three night's over at the Paradise Pier hotel using some Disney Vacation Points. Since we weren't spending the first day at Disneyland (we instead went to Universal Studios), this was just a less-expensive option than paying for an extra night at the Paradise Pier.

The hotel is located conveniently off of I-5 and was very easy to find. It's on an smaller, more isolated street, but that made it quite nice. I could see the Tower of Terror and the Matterhorn from the hotel, and that made me smile.

Upon arriving, I was afraid that we wouldn't find a place to park, but that was never actually a problem. Check-in was a breeze and the rooms were pretty spacious. We had booked two rooms, both with two queen-sized beds. Each room had a separate room with a sofa (with pullout bed), coffee table, chairs, etc. It was a nice spot for our luggage and for lounging outside of the bedroom area.

The wi-fi signal was strong and the TV worked just fine. The bathroom was adequate, although the sink was immediately in front of the beds. No big deal, really... that's just how the layout of the room was organized.

The continental breakfast was nice, and included waffles, eggs, juice, toast, bagels, fruit, etc. It was exactly what I expected and I wasn't disappointed.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who was spending time at Disneyland, or wanted to use it as a base for other sight seeing in Los Angeles. Depending on the traffic, you can drive from Anaheim to Hollywood in about 30-40 minutes (unless it's during rush hour... then plan on a good hour or more). We only stayed one night, but had no problems. I'd definitely stay here again if in a similar situation.

One note: If I were staying here with the intent of going to Disneyland, I think I'd be fine... but I also don't mind walking a lot. If you have members of your party who can't walk long distances, it would probably be best to stay somewhere closer, or to pay for the shuttle that will take you to Disneyland (some hotels offer free Disneyland shuttles, but this hotel is not one of them. I think they contract with another service that charges). If you walk at a brisk pace, you can get to Disneyland in about 15 minutes. If you're with slower walkers, plan for about 25-30 minutes.

You'll definitely save money staying here... and it's super easy walking to the various restaurants located on Katella Ave. (we walked to Subway and 7-11 at the corner of Katella and Harbor, and it only took about 7-8 minutes... and there were a ton of restaurants along the way).

• Liked — Great location, free parking and wi-fi, large rooms
  • Disliked — Not a quick walk to Disneyland (though, not unreasonable)
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Josh A
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 2, 2009

This was a very good choice if you have a family, are spending your days at the park, and want a little privacy from the kids at the end of the day. We booked an "apartment" room. It had a king bed with doors and a curtain dividing the space and a bunkbed and kiddie table on the other side. (Parents bed near bathroom - kids near the window.) The mullion doors still let the light through to our side, while the opaque curtain allowed us some privacy after a long day at the park. We have 2 kids and it was nice to have a solution that allowed our boy and girl to have separate beds, afforded us privacy, and didn't force us to pay double to get an adjoining room. The staff was very friendly. Our room was very clean. They have a continental buffet in the morning with donuts and cereal but there was also a refrigerator in the room so we could bring our own food.

The hotel is a comfortable walk to the park (about 3/4mile). We parked at Mickey and Friends the first day because it looked like rain - what a nightmare....took us an hour to get in from the time we left the hotel. The second day we walked and were in the park in 25 minutes. Also walk is nicely landscaped and gets you off of the hustle of Harbor Blvd. It was nice to end the day walking through a quieter neighborhood than looking at the main strip. There is a Cheesecake Factory across the street so you can get a better quality lunch or dinner than the one you'd pay for in the park at the same price. And the CCF charges the same prices that they do at their other restaurants in other non resort cities so there is no sticker shock when you see the menu.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lilnap
Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Conveniently located close to the Disneyland..which was our primary reason for visiting Anaheim. Very cheap and timely transport takes away your worry of commuting there.
The staff was again helpful with all the details to plan our 1 day trip to Disneyland.
We also ran into some very helpful guests at the hotel, who helped us plan well.
Not a very convenient place for someone who wants to hook up a laptop and catch up with some office work...the connectivity is poor. And so was the breakfast..nothing worth talking abt.
But at the end, served our purpose of travel well!

• Stayed February 2009