“Perfect Location for Business Stay in Anaheim”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #34 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Damascus, Maryland
“Perfect Location for Business Stay in Anaheim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton Park for my company's convention. Most of our events took place at the Anaheim Convention Center, the Marriott and the Hilton. The Sheraton is only a 5-10 minute walk to the convention center (that's from my hotel room to the room we used for our staff headquarters inside the convention center and depends on how fast you walk. I'm a power walker, so I could do it in 5 mins. According to my pedometer, a round trip was a quarter-mile.)

If you walk out of the Sheraton and cut through the back parking lot, the Hilton and Marriott are right behind the parking lot, and the convention center is at the end of the "cul de sac" of sorts that this layout creates.

Additionally, if you walk out of the front of the Sheraton, turn left, walk to the end of the block and turn right on Katella, you are within a 10 minute walk of all sorts of restaurants and shops (Bubba Gumps, Cal Pizza Kitchen, Subway, Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, White House/Black Market, etc.)

I stayed on the 14th floor of the hotel, which is the club lounge level. From what I could tell, all of the main areas of the hotel (restaurants, guest services, checkin) were in one building, and all of the rooms were in a separate tower that you had to go outside of the hotel to get to.) The club lounge level was great because there is free access to the business center/club lounge. This means free Internet/printer access so you can check in on your flight and print out your boarding pass, free REALLY GOOD continental breakfast with healthy and "bad" choices -- hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries -- and very good coffee, newspapers, free happy hour with wine/beer/rail drinks and appies. The staff are excellent. I try to eat healthy even on business travel and had brought my own whole-grain oatmeal, which the staff was perfectly willing to microwave for me.

One night I did visit the snack shop, and discovered that they make great personal pizzas, so I had that for dinner one night. Most of my convention responsibilities center around running events, so I ate dinner at these events most nights. I did eat at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion on my last night and this WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD. I definitely recommend trying it, especially if you like sushi or seafood. I had the lobster roll for an appetizer, the Special Hawaiian Martini, and the Dynamite Scallops. Roy's also has a gluten-free menu, which according to one of my dining companions who has celiac disease, was also very good.

As for my room, I had a view of the Disney fireworks every night from my little balcony, which was nice. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is divided, with the tub/shower/toilet in one room, and the sink/closet just outside of it. I could use more counter space, but I bring a lot of toiletries with me on business travel, so I'm sure I have more stuff than most people. I did struggle a bit to find a comfortable temperature for my room. I always felt too cold or too hot, but that might have been because the outside temperature fluctuated greatly while I was there.

One of my events was in the Sheraton's Tiffany Terrace room, and everything about this awards dinner was just top-of-the-line: the service, the food, the room itself, the atmosphere. Everyone was very impressed with this event. Here was the menu: passed appies, a bar and passed wine, the California greens salad, the almond-encrusted chicken, and the NY style cheesecake (which sounds so basic, but the Sheraton puts a twist on this that makes is just amazing.)

The fitness center is pretty good. Basic machines, a weight bench, and wide range of dumbbells, 2 ellipticals, 3 treadmills, and 2 bikes. It's open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., and from what I could tell, it is busiest from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. Anytime I was there in the morning, all of the cardio machines were taken, but I never waited longer than 10 mins to get on one, although not always the one I wanted. They offered towels, earbuds, magazines and water. It could get very hot in the fitness center, but I'm one of those people who hates fans blowing on me. I like to sweat, so it was fine for me. It was very clean, and a nice view of the pool.

One thing to be aware of, especially if you will be staying here when a conference or convention is going on at the Anaheim Convention Center: everything will be packed. The elevator may be a bit slow. If you want restaurant reservations at any of the restaurants on Katella Avenue/Garden Walk, make them before you arrive in Anaheim or the first day you get there. If you need a private car or cab to take you to the airport (especially if you are going to be flying out of LAX), make those return arrangements the first day you get there).

Conventions bring a lot of business to this area, and hotel guests frequent the walking-distance restaurants and shops A LOT. If you see something in a shop that you think you might like, just buy it then. You can always return it, but if you wait and go back, I promise you it won't be there anymore.

Also a note on hotel gift shops: Hands down, the best one is at the Marriott. (Sorry, Sheraton Park.) The Marriott has Brighton bags and jewelry, cute lunch bags that look like purses, and lots of other really cute and unique things.

I also went to the Downtown Disney area on my first night in. This was an $11 cab ride. There are many restaurants there, too. The Rainforest Cafe had a 90 min wait at 6 p.m. The ESPN Zone had a 30-min wait, which is where I ended up. The food was surprisingly good. I got the turkey/portobello burger and a Pair A Dice (get it?) Margarita. My cousin swears by the ribs. I met my family there and they have four small boys, who were all very occupied with the various games on the televisions around the room.

The Sheraton is a great place to stay. The staff were just so friendly and helpful and I thought the location was the best of the three hotels we used for our conference. I would definitely choose to stay here again the next time we are in Anaheim.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MarylandBeachGirl_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Williams Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

I really like this hotel. This is our second time staying here in four years & i would definately stay here again if we ever go back to Disneyland. (The only drawback for us this trip was the 15-20 minute walk. Our kids are older so it made it easier, but i found that by day 6, my feet were killing me! As we had booked for 10 days, it just got worse from there.)

We used the shuttle in front of the hotel once or twice, but then another guest had told us about the Disney Toy Story parking lot across the street-you can jump on a bus there for free & they were running back & forth from the park to the lot every 5 minutes! Awsome!

The pool was great, my kids were in it every night when we got home from the park. It was open until 10pm. Had the bar right there & you could order food too.

The rooms are really nice, fancy compared to most places i've stayed. The beds are really comfortable, we all slept great! Bathroom was a little small, but wasn't a problem. The in room safe & fridge were awsome. Room was kept really clean & always had lots of towels. Had a great view of the park & fireworks...awsome!

The coffee store downstairs was very convenient, good pizza! They had yogurt/muffins & breakfast sandwiches for days when you don't want to waste time for a sit down breakfast. They had everything you could want but were expensive. Next time i think i will git the target down the street & stock up on snacks/water. (although they did have complimentary water in the room-2 bottles/day)

Molly's was touch & go. We noticed that our last trip as well. Some of the staff are awsome, quick & friendly. Some of them not so much. We had a gift card for $100 so we used it there. One morning i wasn't in the mood for a big breakfast, so ordered oatmeal. About 5 minutes later the waitress came over & slapped my bowl down in front of me & walked away...so i sat & waited for a couple minutes thinking that the rest of the orders would be out right away (although how they could put them together in 5 minutes was a little beyond me)...and waited...so finally ate while it was still luke warm...15 minutes later everyone elses food showed up. That put me off...

The main restaurant is awsome!! the Overland Stage-Great steak! We had the same waitress both times & she was wonderful, didn't catch her name though. I had to go back a couple times! It was pretty quiet both times we were in there, all the food was really good.

We had drinks in the lounge one night, was great. Room service was awsome but pricey. The staff/concierge were really helpful. Laundry facilities a plus. Target about 4 blocks down...long walk, but doable. Front desk staff were friendly & helpful. Lots of restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Jellybean055
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

We checked into a Club room on level 12 and had a fabulous views of California Park . It is a short walk from there to Disney. The service was very good at the Club Lounge and the breakfast and cocktails were well catered for. The staff in the Club Lounge were fantastic and very friendly. Overall the experience at the hotel was great and we would definetly return. The concierge is very efficient and knowledgable and was very helpful in arranging our trip to Universal Studios.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

The Sheraton Park was an excellent choice for my friend and I when we went to Disneyland recently. The 15 minute walk to the parks was much less than where we'd stayed previously.
Service was friendly, we were offered a choice of rooms and views on arrival, and the deal we got included a $100 food credit (bringing the hotel almost into my budget range), which took care of 5 days of breakfasts at Molly's, where the food was good enough and portions quite large, and service friendly.
There was no free wireless in the room, which seemed odd in this day and age.
Room was not overly large, but well appointed, clean and comfortable. The balcony was a good size, as well.
Not sure why the cleaners would leave only one bottle of water for two people every day, but the one day we ran into them, they offered a second bottle. (only left one again the next day, though)
I would definitely stay here again on another trip to Disneyland, for the location and quality of the hotel, if there is another deal to be had.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Comox, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights on our trip to Disneyland and Universal Studios. We rented a car and this hotel was very easy to find. Check-in was straight forward, we bought our City Pass tickets from the Concierge desk, and our room was comfortable. Traveling with 2 teenage girls, it was a bonus having a separate mirror and sink area for getting ready in the morning.

The breakfast service at Molly's restaurant was superb. Our waiter was very good and the food was fast and tasty. The convenience store was nice to have and had a good selection of snacks and coffee drinks. We were close to other restaurants if we wanted something different. We never ate at the hotel dinner restaurant so cannot comment on it.

The pool area was nice and the kids used it once to unwind. The walk to Disneyland was a little far, but fine for older kids or parents with strollers. We've stayed closer on previous trips which allowed for quick trips back to the room if needed.

No free WiFi which we are used to, but that doesn't seem to be the norm in Anaheim or San Diego.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed here on the Club level for three nights during a conference at the hotel. The location was very convenient with lots of restaurants in walking distance. Downtown Disney & the Disneyland Maingate entrance were about a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. The GardenWalk mall was also within the same distance.

The Club level provided access to a business center with internet access, free breakfast and happy hour drinks and snacks, although I only took advantage of printing a boarding pass and one breakfast. It was very convenient, as it was just down the hall from my room and the breakfast included fresh fruit, pastries, boiled eggs, yogurt and cereal.

The room was spacious and clean, with a view looking out to the Disneyland Resort. Although we were about a mile away, I could see the fireworks in the distance, which was nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when in Anaheim.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,542 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

I've staid at the Sheraton Park for approx. 12 hours -and that was enough for me.

What I really don't like are hotels where there's carpet under the sink. When I'm standing there I'm asking myself what already dropped on the place I'm standing at. Disgusting!!! The bathroom (without sink) was rather small and old - in need of urgent renovation. The room itself: average.

At the Club Lounge (access because I'm holding Platinum SPG status) you're getting everything you need for breakfast - except real plates and cups. If you want to eat you've got to eat from plastic plates with plastic cutlery, drink your coffee from paper cups. That's tastless, that's low-class, that's on the level of a homeless!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business