“Fantastic & Wonderful Experience..... We will be back!!”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed May 19, 2009

First off.... ignore the comments from the reviewer below... fredzip. After reading his reviews... I am positive that he is talking about the other Sheraton Hotel called the Anaheim Sheraton Hotel which is located on the other side the freeway, farther away from Disneyland and the Harbour Blvd strip with all of the restaurants. Almost all of the complaints that he had never pertained to this hotel. This hotel is Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort (which used to be called the Westcoast Anaheim)

We just spent 10 fantastic days at this hotel with 15 family members. (May 9 - 19 2009). I can't say enough great things about this hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the overall first impression when walking into the hotel was WOW!.. The staff were friendly, especially the Guest Services staff and the pool bar staff. Thanks for the great service guys! The guys at the Guest Services desk were helpful in booking tours and they gave us tips on places to go and great places to eat in the area. The standard rooms were probably on the small side but for our family of 4 (including 2 teenagers), it was adequate. The rooms have all been recently renovated and the linens are brand new. The beds are comfortable and there is never a shortage of pillows available. Our room had a nice large tv, small fridge, small table with 2 chairs, and 2 queen beds. It did not have a microwave, which would have been a nice added feature. The rooms are clean, clean, clean. That was the most noticeable thing for me.... a clean hotel room. The bathroom is small, but serves its purpose. The sink and vanity area are right outside the bathroom door. There is also a hairdryer and iron/ironing board in each room as well. There is soap, shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion supplied daily.... and they had a nice refreshing mandarin/mint smell to them.

Yes.... the hotel does give each room 1 free bottle of water per day and there is a note saying that there is more water available to purchase in the hotel cafe area. The pool area is what really sold us on this hotel. It is gorgeous, and this hotel has the largest pool area on the strip. There is a large pool, and a decent sized hot tub. There are tons of lounges and tables/chairs available daily. The real plus is the pool bar area. You can order drinks and food while lounging around the pool and the food is absolutely delicious. My only complaint would be that some of the food items are quite pricey,,,, but after spending money at the theme parks on food, it does appear to be quite a bargain. All of the children in our group enjoyed ordering the non-alcoholic frozen fruit slushies every day. The food in the cafe was great and the prices were fair. The servers were extremely friendly and accomodating with food requests (we had picky eaters and even they enjoyed the food) We did not eat at Molly's Kitchen or the Overland Stage Restaurant at all so I can't give a review on the food or service in those restaurants. The staff in the pool bar area got to know our big group quite well over the 10 days and they knew our names and were accomodating to our family in every way possible.

There is no shuttle that goes to Disneyland Resort from this hotel. There is however the Anaheim Resort Transit bus that goes there every 30 minutes or so (but it does cost money). We found that we did not need a shuttle. The walk to Disneyland was about 15 minutes which was totally fine. The hotel is near a 7-11 and an ABC mart. There is also a Subway, new IHOP and Panda Express Chinese food restaurant across the street. Down the street on Katella, there is the Anaheim Garden Walk.... highly recommended with lots of shopping and great restaurants.... We ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant... a bit pricey, but worth the experience!!

One of the parties in our group drove to California and their biggest complaint was the parking prices. It cost $14.00 per day to park at the hotel... definitley a downer.... but not a deal-breaker for this hotel.

Our family has a fantastic stay and we will definitley be back to Disneyland again soon, and we will stay in this hotel again. We loved this hotel and I really can't say enough good things about it. Please feel free to contact me for more information or if you have any questions.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank allycat4

Reviewed April 28, 2009

My young son and I stayed here from April 18th to the 25th, 2009 during our visit to Disneyland. Its location to Disneyland was a short 15 minute walk.

An e-mail arrived a few days prior welcoming us for our anticipated stay and requesting us to inform them of anything they could do prior to our arrival to make our stay more pleasant.

We arrived at about 2PM. We were quite impressed with the hotel lobby and the quality of the hotel in general. I am in the property management buisness so I recognize a well maintained property showing pride of ownership. This property is one of these.

Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff very efficient and welcoming. We were in our room within a few minutes, a nice corner location with a view of Disneyland. The room was very clean and inviting with two queen sized comfortable sweet sleeper beds. Our maid service was excellent all week long. Kudos to who ever was cleaning our room.

We had breakfast at Mollys 3-4 times during our stay. The food was good although a little pricey but the service excellent. The other times we just picked up a few snacks from the deli/store. The people there were also very friendly and it was evident that they appreciated your business.

The hotel pool and hot tub were great as was the pool service.

We spent long days at Disneyland and it was nice to come back to this inviting hotel. The weather was super hot and sunny the first 4 days then coooled off somehat after that.

We were sad to say goodbye upon our departure. A very charming lady at the front desk wished us a happy and safe trip home.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Park Hotel and will certainly stay here again.

Thanks to all the hotel staff for the wonderful experience.

Disney fans form Alberta, Canada

3  Thank NorthernTraveller049
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Room size was fairly average, although the vanity outside the bathroom was a bit small. The shower head was a bit short for taller people, and the cloth shower curtain seemed to leak no matter which way we placed it (one piece in, one out, both in, etc.). The beds were comfortable, no noise complaints. We had a room with a deck facing Disney so had a nice view of the fireworks at night. It is a bit of a walk to Disney, about 20 minutes. Normally not a bad walk but with all the walking we'd do during the day we decided to use the ART shuttle. It was $4/day for adults, $1/kids and worth it. The first time we had no waiting since it came while we were still trying to get tickets at the kiosk. Other times it did take up to 15 minutes or so to arrive. We were told by the hotel it started at 6:20 am and came every 20 minutes thereafter. NOT TRUE! The bus drivers said that is definitely not the case. Schedules vary, and they even ALL take a lunch break from 12:35 to about 1:55 so there is no shuttle at that time. The drivers told us this but not the hotel. The Sheraton is the first stop after DIsney so be aware if you are trying to get to the park at a certain time to leave extra time to make the loop after you're picked up. It took us about 40 minutes one day (20 waiting and 20 on shuttle). Other times very fast, it just depended on what time of day you took it. Obviously at park openning it was busiest. We never had to wait too long on the Disney pickup side.

The hotel pool and patio bar area was very nice. Hotel restaurants were okay, although breakfast at Molly's seemed a bit steep ($13 for eggs benedict). The snack bar/convenience mart was a great thing. We picked up cereral/muffins/bagels/fruit/juice a few mornings to have in the room.

1  Thank purplebook
Reviewed April 25, 2009

This is a great hotel in close proximity to Disney but also far enough away to give adults, and kids, a relaxing holiday. We picked the Sheraton as we wanted a full service hotel for some r&r. Although most of the time was spent at Disneyland, this was a great place to call home.
We checked in April 8 @ 4:20. Almost the same time as the previous poster. The front desk staff where friendly, asked about our trip, and provided us with the Disney view room we requested. She even offered us a choice of a couple of rooms!
During our 4 nights, we never heard noise from other guests and commented on how quiet the rooms were.
The weather was not great however, being Canadian and looking for sun, we braved the pool a couple of days. On the first day, while the kids swam, hubby and I had a cocktail by the pool. The bartender could see we where cold and came over to turn on the gas heater for us. Wow!
We had breakfast in Molly's kitchen, very good and large portions for sharing.
I would highly recommend this hotel, it made a good trip great. Just do your research, yes there is a parking fee, and no, early check in is not guaranteed!

1  Thank NJBB
Reviewed April 22, 2009

being very particular about where i stay, i was weary of aneheim hotels in general. didnt feel like any of the chain hotels got rave reviews. pleasantly surprised and pleased with this hotel. beautifully kept, clean, spacious and a very short walk to disney. stayed with children and would stay again in a heartbeat.

2  Thank travellingwithfour
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We visit Anaheim often and have stayed in most of the 3.5-4 star hotels in the area. I had read a handful of negative reviews of the Sheraton Park, but we ended up being very, very pleased with our stay there. I liked the fact that it's a smaller hotel. Everything is very easy to find, and if you're visiting Disneyland, the location is excellent. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful. The pool was quite large and the grounds were attractive. Our room was comfortable and tastefully decorated. The only somewhat negative experience we had was at the BBQ restaurant attached to the hotel. The front desk clerk highly recommended it, the menu looked attractive, but the service and food were only average. Overall, we would be happy to stay here again.

1  Thank 2Kids4Dogs
Reviewed April 21, 2009

After debating for weeks between the Hyatt, Marriott Suites, Embassy Suites and Sheraton, I finally decided to stay at the Sheraton. I wanted to avoid the $20 early check in fee the Hyatt was charging, the Sheraton was within walking distance to Disney and Sheraton's usually have great service. I called the hotel about three weeks in advance and spoke with someone in guest services who asked me for my travel dates (April 8-14) and told me that I would have no problem checking in early and getting a room with a view of the park. The person I spoke with advised me to include my requests when I made the reservation which I did.
I arrived at the hotel at 1:30pm, two hours later than expected b/c I missed my flight. I was told my room was not ready and check-in is not guaranteed until 4pm but a room may become available before that. I left my bags with guest services, went out to get something to eat and when I returned at 3pm, the room was still not ready! I decided to wait in the lobby, my six year old was exhausted at this point...we had been up since 3am New York time and had taken an eight hour connecting flight...I also want to mention that out of all the traveling that I have done, I have NEVER had a problem checking in early to a hotel! Well at 4pm when my room was still not ready, I was told that because I had a special request they could not guarantee my request by 4pm, they could just guarantee A room! I eventually got a room at 4:10pm and went upstairs to a semi-clean room. I found hair in the bathtub, hair pins on the floor, some type of crust on the bed skirt and the welcome book had some nasty brown stuff in it on multiple pages! After freezing for 30 minutes (I am anemic) because I couldn't change the room temperature, I called to request extra blankets which took 30 minutes to arrive...
I spent the rest of my time at the property avoiding the front desk. I did have to dispute a charge at check-out which was removed with no problem.

Pros: comfortable beds, great shower, guest services helpful (especially Gary), walk to/from Disney with 6 year old was not bad, great view of fireworks from room, convenient business center, nice gift shop for me to pick up last minute gifts
Cons: not so friendly front desk, towels so hard I turned red each time I used them, couldn't control the room temperature, TOO much noise from room next door (around the 4th day at 4:30 am) I could hear everything! Also, housekeeping.....Housekeeping did NOT do a good job of cleaning the room but had no problem MOVING my stuff around EVERYDAY! Our toothbrushes were moved, comb, brush...one day, my contact case and glasses were moved from the nightstand to the area near the T.V., papers and brochures..All of my personal items that should not have been touched were moved around!
Overall, I do not think I would stay here again...

2  Thank DisneyGirlNY