“Great Hotel in a Great Location.”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Guernsey
“Great Hotel in a Great Location.”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I recently stayed here while on vacation in Anaheim. I was in town for the D23 Expo which is a Disney fan convention and to check out the new offerings at the Disneyland Resort. I was given a Disney view room on the 10th floor. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the hotel was only a short walk from the Convention centre, Disney Parks and Garden Walk. Plenty of Restaurants in walking distance. And right across the street is a Seven/Eleven selling all sorts of goods. A nice place to pick up some soft drinks for the fridge in the room. I used the pool once and it was a refreshing break from Disney. I really don't think I could find a fault wrong with this hotel. Would stay here again next time I'm in Anaheim. Which is likely to be next year when the Disneyland Resort's second park "Disney California Adventure" finishes is ambitious $1 billion expansion project. Which will see the opening of the 13 acre Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. Can't wait!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Overall, hotel was clean and close to disneyland. However, the front desk staff were not friendly at all. I am a single mother of a 15 year old daughter. When we checked in we were given a choice of either the 3rd, 6th or 11th floor but were told that to upgrade to a room with a view of Disneyland would be another $30/night. We wanted the 11th floor but were told that the 11th floor only had step out balconys so we opted for the 3rd floor. Later in our stay when we were outside looking at the building, there were full balconys on the 11th floor. Our first night it felt like the air conditioning was not working, they sent someone up and he played with the one vent and said it should be better. It never did get colder so the next morning I went to the guest services desk and they said they would have it checked again. Again, did not get any colder, we were told it was because it was so hot outside?! Isn't that when you want the cool room. We were there for 6 nights and 2 of the 6 days our room was not cleaned when we would return in the afternoon around 4:00. Our last day we were not getting picked up for the airport until 3:20, they agreed to give us a late check out of 1:00. We asked at 12:50 if we could just keep our bags in the room until 3:00 so we didn't have to bring them down as they were probably not ready to clean the room anyways. The front desk replied "you will have to pay a 1/2 days rate". When we did go down 10 minutes later to check out, we were not asked at all how our stay was or anything. The guest service people were very friendly and helpful with us, but the front desk staff we dealt with on several occasions, had absolutely no customer service personality. Too bad because it puts you off. The restaurant Molly's was ok, but we only ate there because of the $100 card we were given. One day I went to the lounge to get a drink and was not acknowledged for about 10 minutes and I felt I was an inconvenience to the bar tender. The little coffee shop was great, very friendly. There are many hotels around Disneyland and for the Sheraton being one of the higher priced hotels, I will not stay here again. The proximity is good and is clean but the front desk staff put me off.

Room Tip: rooms are basic, website says they are large, but are the size of any basic hotel.
1 Thank Nancy N
new jersey
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had two adjoining rooms at the Sheraton earlier this month. We went to visit Disneyland and to attend a convention at the Convention Center. The Sheraton Park Hotel is a well-designed, mid-century modern hotel. All the rooms have sliding glass doors that open out onto either a full or half-balcony. This makes the rooms seem larger and gives them a lot of natural light. The hotel is just the right size; it's large enough to be full-service, but not so big that you're left wandering through a labyrinth of hallways looking for your room. It has a nice, human scale. The Sheraton Park is one of a number of hotels on South Harbor Road. This is a stretch of modestly priced and relatively low-rise hotels that are close to Disneyland interspersed with convenience stores and fast-food restaurants. It's easy to pick up a meal or some simple groceries on the way back from the park. If you cut through the Convention Center parking lot it's about a five minute walk to the Convention Center. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to Disneyland. This stretch of South Harbor Road has lots of pedestrians, so it's safe to walk back late at night. I think the 7-11 on the corner of Katella is open 24 hours. The Disneyland parking lot is one block over, so there are also people heading back and forth, as well as employee shuttle buses. We will definitely stay at the Sheraton again. It's clean, with a friendly atmosphere and a genuinely helpful staff. My only complaints are that there aren't enough outlets in the rooms (true of most hotels, alas) and that the washing machines in the guest laundry room could stand being replaced. But those are small complaints.

Crich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel was comfortable, clean and quiet so able to get a good nights sleep. Ideal for Disneyland as only took about 15 - 20 mins to walk there. We didn't use the shuttle bus but mostly because we couldn't find it!! I took a lot of time choosing the location as I had read reports about not feeling safe walking back at night but we didn't encounter any problems. The pool was nice and my husband liked the gym. We didn't eat at the hotel as there is so much choice at Disneyland and the IHOP is just across the street for breakfast. If I was to visit Disneyland again I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long way from the lifts so ask for one closer to the lift as its just as far walkin...
1 Thank DebbieCC
aqlollipop
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I took my daughters for a mini-vacation to Disneyland and we stayed at the Sheraton Park. I took a lot of time choosing the hotel because I wanted to have a nice hotel experience. We have annual passes but on one of the days of our trip our passes were blocked so we planned to spend the day shopping in downtown Disney and relaxing by the pool. I wanted a nice pool, preferably with a pool bar. I found it at the Sheraton Park, which is one of the only hotels in the area (aside from the Disney hotels which all offer this), which met my criteria. We booked a Disney view room and were very happy to be able to look out over the magic every day. The fireworks were lovely from the room. I have one child who is very afraid of fireworks so we never watch from the park, but this allowed us to see them perfectly and she was mostly ok with it (we could definitely hear them). The room itself was nicely appointed, if a little on the small side. It did have a fridge, which we took advantage of. What I loved was that there were plenty of pillows (nice fluffy ones) and more than enough towels already in the room. Lately when we have traveled we have found that hotels provide only 3 towels even if you have 4 guests booked into the room, meaning you have to call and ask for additional towels. But the Sheraton Park had 4 towels ready for us, even though my booking stated only 1 adult would be in the room (kids are free with adults and the booking form did not ask about children). We only ate breakfast at the hotel. I found the quick service place to be most useful for our needs a tad over priced but very convenient. The diner was serviceable. My daughter loved the pancakes, I found them ordinary. It's expensive, so you are better off with the quicker food next door.
The pool: it was lovely, if crowded on an August afternoon. It's surrounded by palm trees so there is shade available for those who want it. We ended up shopping more than I planned so didn't spend as much time at the pool as I hoped. I didn't take advantage of the pool bar, but plenty of other people were and I look forward to taking advantage of it on a future trip. On thing about the pool is that is is deeper in the shallow end than most. My 7 year old could not stand comfortably in the shallow end and is still not comfortable swimming in water over her head so she spent a lot of time on the steps and riding around on her older sister's back. I believe the shallow end is 4 ft deep. They do sell floatation devices at the pool bar or you could bring your own.
They offer transportation to the parks via the ART buses, you do have to pay to ride and we did not use it because we have a parking permit with our annual pass so we just drove. It worked quite well.
Overall the Sheraton Park was an excellent experience and I look forward to going back!

Room Tip: Book a Disney view room for an amazing view of the magic!
1 Thank aqlollipop
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have been in this property numerous time for large conventions ....and was always impressed with the wonderful pool in the center of this hotel. I stayed one night as part of a family business weekend. I upgraded using points to the club level. Nice rooms with balconies. The ones looking towards Disneyland are great for the nightly fire works. Adequate Club Lounge...a bit small with families from two floors using one lounge. Complimentary drinks and hot and cold snacks /breakfast during certain hours. The business center in the Club lounge was not working...but the Business Center in the lobby was great. Nicely kept property with high volume familes staying ( as you would expect near Disneyland). For the moment I think this is the best choice of Sheraton/ Westin properties located in walking distanct to the Disney Anaheim Resort. Nice gift shop. Recommend for families.

Room Tip: Participate in the Starwood Frequent Guest Program
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here with 3 young kids for 3 nights on SPG points, so can't really coment on value but the hotel itself was more than adequate if you intend to spend most of your time at Disneyland and really just want a place that is clean comfertable. The rooms are smallish but fine, Pool is not quite resort quality but kids still enjoyed it, in between stints at the Mouse house. Im sure you could be picky about some aspects of the hotel, there didn't appear to be many staff around and the 3 free internet terminals always seemed to have people on them. Hotel overall is still a little tired, even though it has been updated in recent years

Good points

-Easy walk to Disneyland
-Good view of fireworks from your room (if you request a room overlooking the park)
-Pool for kids
-Close to alternate food options.
-Clean rooms

Bad points
-Smallish rooms
-Parking was expensive
-Food options in Hotel were limited and expensive
-Didn't appear to be enough staff.

But overall if your reasonably self sufficient it's a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Disneyland if you want to watch the fireworks from your room rather t...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family