“Best value hotel in the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn

Pacific Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Anaheim B&B and Inns
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Best value hotel in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed twice at this hotel and find it hard to fault especially for the price. As my child is at University in Long Beach there have been many times when I've had to find accommodation so I've tried a few - the last one being The Queen Mary - where once was enough. And I'm quite picky about the sort of place I want to stay in and in this area it's hard to find somewhere that ticks at least 75% of my boxes.
The Pacific Inn did that. Parking and WiFi are free - big bonuses when most of the other hotels charge up to $20pn alone for parking. It's clean. Comfortable rooms that are light and well sized with nice bedding (a deal breaker for me).
Easy to get to with well lit areas which as I'm an alone traveller is important - I need to feel safe. Good room sizes with everything you could want including a kettle, fridge and balcony (though you don't get a view except of streets/restaurants).
You won't get a fancy restaurant and breakfast is fairly basic (continental only) - but it's included which is another bonus.
The walls are thick enough that you don't get noise from your fellow occupants.
It was chilly when I was there (Xmas Dec.2012) and the rooms climate controls efficiently and easily did the job keeping me warm.
The free TV channels are limited and it's a bit of a pain to navigate to them (they obviously want to sell you the pay films) but you get used to it.
The front desk staff were warm, welcoming and informative.
The only sacrifice I can think of is that you won't get a view of the sea - but the trade off was worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JCParsons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I arrived late, 11:45 pm, and Rick the onsite owner couldn't have been nicer. He helped me get my luggage into my room and explained everything. As the reviews say, this is a basic place with small rooms. But, it was clean and just what I needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MarySanDiego
Seaside, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed a week at this property. It is a two star property in a good central location. Rooms were clean and included a microwave, small refrigerator and TV. We enjoyed our time there and Rick the onsite owner gave us some money saving tips and was very welcoming. The room was cleaned daily and we spent most of our time out playing in the area. Not pretenious or upscale just a nice clean room at a fair price to sleep and use as a home base while exploring Orange County and LA. Thanks Rick

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Neal W
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Dropped in just for 1 night being in a bind but ended staying here the rest of my trip!! Front Desk was so friendly & helpful. Yes the rooms are a bit small but very clean, has micro and fridge & bathrooms look newly remodeled. Low key and quiet location besides a little noise from the street. Very pleased with my stay so I highly recommend it (especially with the price!!) and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alysha D
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is a basic motel. Rooms are tiny. You can hear road traffic noise but it is not too bad. Room has fridge and microwave. Heater air conditioner works great. Restaurant choices nearby are scarce. Drug store right next door. Disneyland is a 10 minute drive. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank mikethern
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The hotel owner lives there and is always available to help. I am imn a wheelchair and he helped me load my chair in the car whenever I needed it. The cleaning lady was always here and would bring towels when needed

Room Tip: call early