Sorry this review is from a few months ago, but I wanted to still review it based on my great experience. The room we had this trip was a garden view, with a partial view of Downtown Disney. This stay was prior to the new downtown disney starbucks, so we had a little bit of a construction view. However, given the low rate we received for staying at the hotel, I really can't complain. The convenience of our own entrance into California Adventure was great. Since it was a low season time, we never had a line.
The theme in the room is super cute with hints of snow white and bambi. Very earthy. You forget you are staying in a "Disney hotel".
The rooms are a bit small, significantly smaller than paradise pier and disneyland hotel. When I spoke with a bellmen at the DL hotel, he explained that because it is the newest and they were trying to fit as many rooms as possible.
The beds are super comfortable. Though the DL hotel is just as comfortable. The pools are great. Very resort-like, with a nice view of the Redwoods in California Adventure.
Cast members at the hotel were great for the most part. We were able to get a golf car ride to paradise pier when we transferred over there. We were actually able to get a golf cart ride to paradise pier each time we asked. Also, when we transferred to Paradise Pier, the hotel/bell staff offered to take our luggage over the the Pier from the Grand. That was great! The only bad experience I had was with a gentleman in Valet. I paid the extra money for valet. unfortunately, the man in valet, whether stressed or busy or whatever, was not friendly. Not the kind of Disney personality I expect when spending a lot of money.
I really do love the Grand. However, after having stayed at Disneyland hotel, it will take me buying into DVC to stay there over the DL hotel. Don't get me wrong. The hotel is absolutely stunning. Especially the lobby area and pools. The restaurants are wonderful. The small size of the room and the expensive cost of the room are my only complaints really. If you are DVC or have the extra money, stay at the Grand. I just appreciate the DL hotel much more.
(Please see the Disneyland hotel review I did for July 2014. It was absolutely wonderful. I ended up changing my Fall Dapper Day Weekend hotel from the Grand to the DL Hotel. Just great!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim