I have definitely had a love hate relationship with this hotel for many years now. The biggest problem we have had has been the inability to get the room we request. Whether we make the reservation months ahead of time and request the room then or call the night before and request it again or even arrive early for check in to make sure we get it.... there is, as they say "no guarantee we get the room we requested". That has always been annoying considering the considerable amount of money I am paying for this room! If you are paying over $600 a night (and this can be much more depending on the season) for a room, you should have the call on which one it is. We usually request a theme park view room and they always give us a pool view upon check-in, claiming it is equivalent. Well it is not. If I am paying for a theme park view and have requested it, then my transaction is based on getting that room. The hotel reservation staff puts us through this each time we have visited. They give us the pool view room with bunks, when we request a theme park view with double queen beds and we have to tolerate that room until the one we requested is open. Very frustrating experience, I dread it each time we visit. The reservation site should allow you to pick the EXACT room you need (including bed sizes and views). It should even have a comment section where you can state the floor and wing level etc...without calling anything equivalent. This has needed modification for years.
The rooms are not top notch, they are small and getting a bit old...need new fixtures, carpet and linens (my towels felt like rags rather than towels). I think they need a remodel and update on linens. The housekeeping has had a history of being lousy considering the level of the hotel, but recently they seem to be trying to get a better staff and are checking in to make sure your housekeeping requests are fulfilled. That is an improvement.
I have liked most of the bell hops here, they have been real nice and helpful. Only had one bad experience with a guy named Doug who was rude and seemed racist to me. I should have have filed a complaint over something he did that was extremely inappropriate.
I love the proximity to the park, that is what gets you here. I love taking the mid-afternoon breaks with my kids and not being far from the park. I think they should make that entrance to the park from the hotel an exclusive hotel guest entrance at all times and not just in the morning, mainly because the crowds at this entrance have gotten ridiculous recently. Plus it gives being a disney hotel guest a serious perk.
I wish they would allow more perks for staying at a disney hotel like the magic bands they give you at the Florida Park Hotels and set them with a number of fast passes. This would make the stays at their hotels more valuable, since they charge so much more then the other hotels in the area.
The pool is gorgeous, during peak seasons they have entertainment there... love that for the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim