If you are looking into one of the three onsite hotels at Disneyland, I take it you have kids and don't expect a relaxing or romantic trip by any means and it is convenience with a tad bit of bonus quiet time that you are seeking. If that's the case, Grand Californian Hotel is the best out of the three that will offer you that chance of bonus adult/quiet time. We have stayed at all three (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian) and Grand Californian has by far the most kids programs on hotel property and most amenities to keep the children busy and content! On top of that, there is a spacious, tranquil full service spa that will allow you to get away for an hour or two while your children are participating in the kids programs or if they are lining up at Cars Land with your spouse. I know I absolutely treasured having the spa at the hotel!
The hotel offers a back entrance to the Disney California Adventure and as a hotel guest (for all 3 hotels) you will have a bonus hour, allowing you to enter the park early, collecting all your key fast passes for the day! The walk from Grand Californian to Disney California park was brief, much shorter than the walk from Disneyland Hotel to the theme parks and Paradise Pier.
As with any Disney restaurants, I always appreciate the care and attention the staff and chef pays to food allergies. In fact, at this point, after having been to so many types of Disney vacations, my son has a file and Disney proactively asks if a gluten-free option is needed and discusses the dining options with me. I love that attentiveness and it just gives me one less thing to worry about.
Rooms are moderately spacious, clean and sufficient for a family of 3. It's not overly themed or decorated. Hallways are loud as expected in any Disney hotel but room walls seem to be fine. At least we were not bothered by our neighbors.
I would stay here again, over the other two hotels. This is the option for you if you want a hotel that is more than just sleep time....this hotel will give you better dining options, day time programs, and ahh...the spa for any parents in need of just an hour of rest! It's not for families who want to do and see everything from park opening hour to closing time-- it won't be worth it spending the extra $$ at this resort if that's what you are seeking. If that's the case, Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier are both great options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim