“Fantastic ..... A wonderful holiday!”

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic ..... A wonderful holiday!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2013 with my husband and daughter (who is 3.5 years old). It was fantastic,

You can't help but smile the second you are greeted by the doorman.

We stayed in the a Concierge Room and it was worth every penny. The room was large (1 x Queen and bunk beds) and it had a fabulous view of the pool. It also aloud us to use the Club Guest Room which was fantastic, it was open from 7.00am - 10.00pm and offered complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, desserts, soft drink, alcohol and amazing views for the nightly fireworks.

Also, they had nightly book reading time for children.

The only hotel to stay in Disneyland, LA.

Room Tip: Stay in the Concierge Room and ask for a room overlooking the pool or gardens.
1 Thank ShannanLee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Henderson, Nevada, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

While the location is nice and you are as close to the park as you can get, the price is not worth the average hotel room. Very small rooms, we were located very far away from the only elevators available. Very hard to communicate with the housekeeping staff although they were very nice(did not speak english very well). I could get the same room at many other hotels for 1/4 of the price.

3 Thank Joy F
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After spending the past weekend at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, I can't imagine staying at another hotel when visiting Disneyland. It was SO convenient. The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were just the right size. The kids had a great time at the pool. All the cast members from valet, bell desk, front desk, and at the restaurants were great--especially Lauren at the front desk and Deondre at The Story Teller's Café.

I highly recommend spending the money to stay here and if you can, request a room with a pool and park view. This won't be my last time staying at this property!

2 Thank karen v
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have stayed at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel 3 times and we are overwhelmed each time by the staff and always look forward to our next trip. The hotel is perfectly located for families and park entrance.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank izod1234
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Really cannot beat the location of this hotel. It isn't anything over-the-top, rooms are just average, but the convenience is superb!

Traveled with 10 people (6 adults, 4 children). Stayed in three bedroom suite (it really an one bedroom suite with 2 connecting rooms). Rooms are spacious. Each room has a refrigerator and coffee machine (so 3 total). Once again, nothing fabulous but we weren't there to be in pour room, we were there to be in Disneyland!

I am embarrassed by the amount we paid but I must say, it was worth every penny! If you are traveling with small children, staying here is the only way to go.

Stayed September 2013
9 Thank Kwyn_13
Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This Disney property is literally in the middle of both Disney parks. It is beautiful and perfect. It is very pricey. But, you do get what you paid for with this property. We had two rooms and decided to go for it with the price since we had a short stay and did not want to spend time driving to the park. You get to go early to the park if you stay here which is nice for the crowds. This hotel has it all. You walk outside to multiple pools that are very family friendly and beautifully maintained. Downtown Disney is literally out the door so you can dine and hang out in the evening. We loved the wood, rustic decor. My only suggestions would be to have soda/ice machines closer to the long set of rooms. We had to walk quite a ways and when you are tired that is annoying. Also, Disney does have a hierarchy for those that pay more. They put us on the concierge floor, which provides light snacks and special staff to help with planning and reservations. We did not pay extra this time for concierge because of our short stay. I did not like that they put us on this floor. You felt like you were "second class" because you were not paying the extra. I would prefer to be on a regular floor if I am not putting out the extra money for concierge. As to concierge, we have paid for it before many times when our kids were little and we would return to the hotel for rests etc. The snacks and drinks were handy then. Now that the kids are older it did not make sense for us. The only other suggestion is that they train their front desk people better. We travel to the World inFlorida more often and I tell you those people are super great, kind and welcoming. You never feel like you are bothering them and they openly share tips etc. The California front desk people are not that way. They will answer what they are asked but just don't have that welcoming tone. We asked several questions throughout the stay, about fireworks times, characters sightings etc. and it was always the same, not very friendly. I know there are big money guests in California but I did not like feeling like I was a lesser guest. Still, cannot complain about the amazing location. It is a must stay if you visit Disneyland.
We used AAA and got a good discount.
The other Disney hotel is across the street from Disneyland just so you don't mix them up.

Room Tip: Stay on the concierge floor only if you are paying extra for that service. There are no bad rooms th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank stepford wife
Northern California
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Californian for a 2 day business trip. The staff on site was amazing. Check in was a lot easier than I expected, and every time I had a question, the staff had the answer. I had to use the Bell Service for my luggage, and they were very friendly and made things go smoothly.

My only complaint was on my final night when I found a fairly large bug on one of my pillows. Needless to say, I used the other bed in my room, but it definitely but a damper on my experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business