“3 bedroom suite”

Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Tucson, Arizona
“3 bedroom suite”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Really cannot beat the location of this hotel. It isn't anything over-the-top, rooms are just average, but the convenience is superb!

Traveled with 10 people (6 adults, 4 children). Stayed in three bedroom suite (it really an one bedroom suite with 2 connecting rooms). Rooms are spacious. Each room has a refrigerator and coffee machine (so 3 total). Once again, nothing fabulous but we weren't there to be in pour room, we were there to be in Disneyland!

I am embarrassed by the amount we paid but I must say, it was worth every penny! If you are traveling with small children, staying here is the only way to go.

Stayed September 2013
9 Thank Kwyn_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This Disney property is literally in the middle of both Disney parks. It is beautiful and perfect. It is very pricey. But, you do get what you paid for with this property. We had two rooms and decided to go for it with the price since we had a short stay and did not want to spend time driving to the park. You get to go early to the park if you stay here which is nice for the crowds. This hotel has it all. You walk outside to multiple pools that are very family friendly and beautifully maintained. Downtown Disney is literally out the door so you can dine and hang out in the evening. We loved the wood, rustic decor. My only suggestions would be to have soda/ice machines closer to the long set of rooms. We had to walk quite a ways and when you are tired that is annoying. Also, Disney does have a hierarchy for those that pay more. They put us on the concierge floor, which provides light snacks and special staff to help with planning and reservations. We did not pay extra this time for concierge because of our short stay. I did not like that they put us on this floor. You felt like you were "second class" because you were not paying the extra. I would prefer to be on a regular floor if I am not putting out the extra money for concierge. As to concierge, we have paid for it before many times when our kids were little and we would return to the hotel for rests etc. The snacks and drinks were handy then. Now that the kids are older it did not make sense for us. The only other suggestion is that they train their front desk people better. We travel to the World inFlorida more often and I tell you those people are super great, kind and welcoming. You never feel like you are bothering them and they openly share tips etc. The California front desk people are not that way. They will answer what they are asked but just don't have that welcoming tone. We asked several questions throughout the stay, about fireworks times, characters sightings etc. and it was always the same, not very friendly. I know there are big money guests in California but I did not like feeling like I was a lesser guest. Still, cannot complain about the amazing location. It is a must stay if you visit Disneyland.
We used AAA and got a good discount.
The other Disney hotel is across the street from Disneyland just so you don't mix them up.

Room Tip: Stay on the concierge floor only if you are paying extra for that service. There are no bad rooms th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank stepford wife
Northern California
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Californian for a 2 day business trip. The staff on site was amazing. Check in was a lot easier than I expected, and every time I had a question, the staff had the answer. I had to use the Bell Service for my luggage, and they were very friendly and made things go smoothly.

My only complaint was on my final night when I found a fairly large bug on one of my pillows. Needless to say, I used the other bed in my room, but it definitely but a damper on my experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank California Dude
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My family and I go every year to Disneyworld in Florida. This year we wanted to try sonething new. We were not disappointed. We hada two bedroom suite with a wonderful view every night of the farris wheel at California Adventure park. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. So close to both parks and diwntown disney you will not believe it. we had the conciere floor so free breakfast, snacks, beer and wine and desserts, wonderful food and service. The rooms were clean and quiet and the pool was heated and very nice seats to watch your kids from or just relax. I hace no complaints and plan to return next year. the extra magic hours are great and both parks were empty so we rode rides many times durring the week. We did the character breakfast too. It was ok cute for the kids and right in the hotel, free food at the 6th floor was better, I see comments all the time about how expensive it is , yes it is but come on it is Disneyland what do u expect, I feel you Are getting more than what you pay for. No place I would rather stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank andrea c
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed at the disneygrand early march 2013 for 3 nights at over $600PN with park view ( sort of ) hotel had lots of charm and very friendly staff ,rooms very clean had a pool view not really park view ,which is what we paid for, although we could see the hollywood hotel,but would only ever stay here for location to downtown disney and parks,otherwise stay across the road for much less and spend more within the parks ,but overall grand hotel nonetheless

Room Tip: dont ask for park view ,you may be dissappointed for what you pay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank john b
Saratoga, California, USA
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very convenient location within walking distance of both Disneyland & California Adventure. Stayed on the concierge level with breakfast & snacks for the kids. Staff was vey helpful. 2 very large swimming pools to relax after long days at the park. Restaurants geared for children.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron R
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We choose this hotel because of its proximity to the park gates and also for the magic mornings and this hotel definitely delivered. The hotel itself is grand and rich with craftsman architecture and the little children nook was a cute touch.
We rolled in around eleven pm and check-in was smooth and quick. The registration clerk took our IDs and issued our room keys immediately so that my husband could get the sleepy DDs(darling daughters) to the room and into bed. She even printed our park tickets at the desk so we won't have to pick them out in line the next morning. When I mentioned that this was a surprise birthday trip for my DDs, she found a few princess pictures and birthday buttons for them too.
Our room was littered with little touches of Disney, with a Snow White theme around. There were two adult robes, a few hangers, and a roll out crib in the room. For those of you who have issues with hotel carpets, bring your own slippers. The carpet looked clean but there were visible stains in a few spots. There was a blu-ray player which kept our DDs entertained when we needed to get ready. The in room fridge was great for keeping milk and fruit for breakfast. They had instant coffee pods and powdered creamer and sugar but the coffee maker was uneven when you made two cups. Unfortunately our shower was leaky and that made showering a bit of an ordeal.
Housekeeping was a little weak as our room was not even made up after noon a few days during our stay. Once, turndown service didn't even happen until after we returned to our room after 9 pm. That being said, all the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful.
Our DDs are early risers so this hotel made the most sense for us. We were minutes away from the park gates and the private entrance to DCA was great for getting to and from the hotel. We made it to every early entry and spent less time in lines.
If you are looking for a more updated hotel, then this is not the hotel for you. This is more a hotel for quick in and out of the parks. Overall, it was very good for the needs of our family. I only wish that the next time the rooms would better reflect the style and elegance of the hotel rather that feel so dated and old.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family