“A truly Grand experience”

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Ranked #32 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were sharing a celebration of our 55th wedding anniversary with our children, grandchildren and three great grandchildren. This hotel was perfect for our group of eighteen. Courteous, helpful staff; excellent accommodations and very convenient for our food and entertainment. A truly memorable experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,511)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

When we first thought about staying at the Grand the price set us back. Then we regrouped and said we are going to spend this amount of money for 4 days in Disneyland and by putting a certain amount of money away for this trip we let go the cost of the room and made our own package. This was so worth it. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Probably the best hotel (and most expensive one) to visit the two Disney parks. Very nicely designed as an old mansion with nice swimming pools. On the other hands, huge hotel working like a factory and rooms are in need of refreshing.

Worth noticing that Disney offers to its hotel guests a one-hour early opening opportunity (i.e. starts at 0700 instead of 0800 for normal visitor), which allows visitors to avoid queuing and visit two to three “highly” frequented attractions. Kids loved it.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family and I stayed here August 8th for 4 nights and what an awesome time we had. The customer service and attention to detail at this hotel is top notch. We usually visit the Florida resort, but decided to change it up a bit. We had a reservation every morning at Storyteller's Cafe for their character breakfast and I must say it is the absolute best from any other we have been too (and we have done probably 10 different ones including Chef Mickey's). Besides the characters coming to the table, they also sing songs with the kids and dance and play follow-the-leader which my kids did every single time : ) The rooms were very nice and most importantly the beds were extremely comfortable. The lobby is absolutely stunning, and the best past was the private entrance into California Adventure Park. It made it so much easier and a shorter walk back to your room after long days at the parks. I will definitely stay here again and again I cannot express how wonderful every single staff member was to us. A++

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel truly sets some high standards and meets all your expectations. It is truly a great place to stay if yow want to have a wonderful Disney experience. Every cast member greats you with a smile and they even welcome you home when returning back for the day.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here from Aug 10-14. I have mixed feeling about this hotel. The hotel lobby is "Grand"and beautiful. It's a very expensive hotel . I was surprised when I asked for a two queen beds and a day bed, the check in lady told me that it will be a downgrade (no view) for the one I paid .We were assigned to a room with s a queen and a bunkbed as we were told. I asked if the bunkbed could fit my three tall teenagers, she said," everyone will have their won bed." :( She has no idea about the bunkbeds specifications, I asked if she has seen it, she couldn't even answer me Then she left, came back and told me her supervisor said, the bunkbed will only accommodate a kid that weighs up to 80lbs. Also said, she can't do anything about crediting me for the difference. I have no choice but take the downgrade room. I still don't get it , they asked for kids ages when you booked and then putting them on a bunkbed is ridiculous. Nope, she did not even give me a gift card or extra fastpass or anything for downgrading our room. She just let me know our room was a downgrade, no view (unless you consider parking lot as a view :( Oh well. Enough about downgrade, nothing I could do about it.

During our stay, we called the guest services several times and I had a great experience with them. Really great staff. Kyle even went to our room and brought our boarding passes. I also asked for extra shampoo and towels, it was delivered so fast that I could not even believe it.

The best part about this hotel is the location, definitely, an A+ but to charge you more than $700/night and we were downgraded is not even acceptable to our children. My kids think, I should have asked to give my money back or at least give as a restaurant credit.

The rooms are basic. They are not a five star hotel quality. It's more of a Hilton or Marriott standard. Nope, don't expect marble floor in the bathroom. Only, the hotel lobby has the marble floor. By the way, the lobby is very cold but they have a fireplace next to it. :)

The two parks (Disneyland and California Adventure) are both really nice parks. I think what they charge for both parks are reasonable. But the Grand Californian hotel rate is definitely not worth it though.

By the way, the Wi fi connection is weak. Funny, they advertise this hotel as a five star hotel but the basic things like Wi fi connection is not even reliable. We called the guest service and all we got was an answer from the technician telling my husband , "I get complaints every day about poor connection but if you want you can always ask for a different room for a better connection" After my husband told the family about the conversation, we all laughed and said " downgrade again if we move to another room!"

Again, the customer service is great but not the room. If you are picky about your room design, you are getting a Courtyard by Marriott standard! Just a heads up.

4  Thank btreid
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The building Itself is a bit dark and outdated but the location is absolutely grand, it was amazing to get out of the hotel and be at the park at the same time!! The exit is even close to the most popular rides in the California park. OMG super convenient!! After the first night my girls were disappointed they selected this hotel instead of the disneyland hotel because of the bunk beds they saw in the pictures and our room did not have them, so my husband called and explained that he was not going to have peace unless we had the room with the bunk beds,they were wonderful!! We got moved to the concierge level and the girls had their bunk beds I loved the customer service
Beyond excellent.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the elevators