We made a three day, two night trip to the Disneyland resort this June and had a wonderful time! We booked a Concierge level room at the Grand Californian Hotel and it was worth the splurge! We arrived around 9:30 a.m. and we were greeted at the entrance by a cast member who escorted us to the concierge lounge where we were able to enjoy the end of the Continental Breakfast being served while we were checking in. Fruit, pastries, cereal, bagels, fruit, etc. were available and replenished constantly by a helpful staff. Check-in was a wonderful experience as we were able to store our luggage, confirm a dinner reservation, obtain a wheelchair, and get our room keys (our roos weren't ready until the afternoon, and we were texted when it was available) all while drinking coffee and eating a light breakfast. As stated in other reviews, the hotel is decorated in Craftsman style and looks like a lodge. The lobby offers many comfortable seating areas and a huge fireplace with Storytimes for the kids. After check-in, we entered Downtown DIsney through the convenient entrance from the hotel and straight to DIsneyland.
We stayed in a room with two queen beds overlooking the pools. The room was comfortable and clean. It had a mini fridge, hdtv, and a nice balcony with a table and chairs. The beds were very comfortable offering lots of pillows. We were able to set the a/c at a comfortable level as it was a warm weekend. We were lucky, the rooms around us were either unoccupied or had quiet guests. We slept well.
We enjoyed the amenities of the concierge lounge, partaking in the aforementioned continental breakfasts, appetizers, wine and drinks during happy hour and the brownies or cookies at night. Sodas, coffee and water were always available. We also used the concierge service to make restaurant reservations, we even called from California Adventure when we needed one for lunch and got a lovely table where we were able to watch the parade.
Staying at the resort is not an economical way to make a Disneyland trip, but it is the most convenient and the experience is definitely enjoyable. Once you go Disney, it would be hard to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim