We spent 4 nights at the Grand Calfornian in late September. I have traveled to Disneyland several times but never stayed at any of their hotels before. I always choose September or October because generally it is still warm and not too crowded. With our 2 1/2 year old we rarely had more then a 5 minute wait in any of the lines..A big bonus with a toddler! Anyway, I found the customer service to be excellent and up to Disney standards. The maid was incredible. She would neatly arrange my daughters coloring books and little toys for the turndown service as well as the morning room service. It really made us feel at home.
Everyone at the Grand Californian had a smile on and it was always spotless. We had a view of Disneys California Adventure and it was great to sit on the balcony and watch the rides. We booked with a travel agent and included in our package were several meal vouchers.
That helped us out and it also included some character meals which my daughter loved! The people that are at the entrance to California Adventure memorized our names and greeted us every morning. The restaurants were great as well. My only complaint with disney is the price of the food, it is around $10 for a kids meal. We were told that kids under 3 eat free but what that actually means (except for the buffet's) is that they are allowed to eat free off YOUR plate, so that was a little annoying to find out! Seriously though, when you are taking a trip like this you have to remember that the prices are not going to be reasonable and that you will spend more then you plan to.
All in All I would definitely go back to the Grand Californian being right in the park is a big plus, I felt bad for those people that were taking the tram in, I loved being able to go back to the room when we needed a little break or to get ready for the parade. Also, the character meals are really worth it for the kids - They try to make sure they visit every table and usually they do a fun activity during the time you are there. At Minnie's they did limbo, At Chip and Dales and Aerial's Grotto it was a Congo line and at Goofy's Kitchen there was Macarena. The kids just love it and the characters pay special attention to the little ones so they don't get left out . Minnie actually held my daughters hand while they danced. Anyway, as for it being noisy - I didn't think it was bad at all and never noticed anyone being loud, but then again I am used to my own child. The pool was good but better for older kids. I wish that the Grand Californian had a toddler pool although, they do have a little slide that you can help them go on but for mom's like me it is a little nerve wracking. Good Job Disney!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim