I have been a passholder for about 4 years. I have passed by and through this hotel countless times, often for their back door into CA Adv or perhaps for their restrooms. Just walking past it in DT Disney has always made want to stay here. Unfortunately, their rates have always kept me away (I only live about 20 miles away). So when they offered 40% off for a special event, I decided to take the plunge.
The location simply cannot be beat. You are literally on top of CA Adventure, and a very short walk to the monorail (which also opens early for the Magic Morning you get as a hotel guest). And the service and decor is very good. Perhaps the most shocking thing is that they even have free wi-fi. The also have a very nice and large pool complex, with multiple pools and a large water-slide. I had a very nice view of the pool area, as well as CA Adv, from my balcony
Unfortunately, for a hotel which routinely charges over $400 a night, the rooms are as bit dated and drab. There is little in the room or bathroom to imply a high end hotel. also, the parking situation is a bit of a pain, especially if you prefer the $15 self park to the $22 valet (I like to be able to access my car without assistance). Just getting through the front gate to the check-in area is a real pain, with poor sign-age and heavy security. And when you finally get past the guard tower, and pull up to the hotel, there is no assistance in telling you where to park, if you do not want valet (there is a mess of cars and valets, but never enough to help when you need them). Finally, after you manage to check in and get your parking pass, the signs to the self park are few and misleading (and I have walked through this area countless times before, I can only imagine it is worse for people who do not know the area at all).
We got there early, and our room was not ready, but they give you the keys at check-in, and send you a text message when the room is ready. I asked for a high floor and they gave me the top floor. I have no complaints about the service, and I enjoyed my stay. But I would not want to pay full price for this hotel, and I wish they would make the parking/check-in process a little more clear and seamless. It is surely the crown jewel in the Disneyland hotel scene, but it is getting a little on in years, and the reality is that most people go to Disneyland for the park, not the hotel. If you have the money, by all means, stay here, but if you want to save a few bucks, you will enjoy the park just as much in just about any of the area hotels. And Paradise Pier, which has all the same Disney perks as Grand CA, is much cheaper and only a short walk across the street away. If the hotel was less expensive or more updated, I would gladly give it 4-5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, HotelPower, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim