Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
$169
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$127
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$122
$91
  • Breakfast included
$687
$538
  • Restaurant
$605
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$148
Hotelpower.com
2,395 results
All reviewscharacter breakfastgrand californiancalifornia adventuredowntown disneybeach themebeach ball pillowsrice crispy treatspark viewglass elevatorpool deckconcierge roomdisney magicday bedcast membersacross the streetboth parksextra magic hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This was the first time we stayed at Paradise Pier at the Disneyland resort. I've read many reviews and was not really sure if I should book a room for our annual visit to Disneyland. I had absolutely no regrets in choosing this hotel. Paradise Pier hotel isn't as large as the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel. I've stayed at the Grand Californian and the big difference in terms of service is that Paradise Pier seem more personable because it's smaller than the other two hotels.

We arrived Sunday morning and we stood in line to register during check out time. We spoke to Rich and he was FANTASTIC! We booked a hotel room with a view of park and he put us in the 11th floor. Rich didn't rush despite being very busy and he was extremely professional, thorough, friendly. He even took time to chat with my children and answer their questions.

After leaving the registration desk I took my daughter to the washroom and as soon after I received a text telling me our room was ready. We were assigned a room in less than 5 minutes! HOW AMAZING!!!

The room Rich choose for us was FANTASTIC!! We had an amazing view of the Californian Adventure park and we were able to see parts of Disneyland (we were able to see Space mountain and the Matterhorn from our room). At night we watched World of Color from our room! It was BEAUTIFUL!! We had in room music from the show from our TV and were had an unobstructed view of the show. It was better than having preferred seating for the event (which we did).

The walk to the California Adventure park was a breeze. We usually crossed the street to the Grand Californian Hotel to access the entrance there. Our walk took no more than 5 minutes. Walking through Downtown Disney to the Disneyland park took less than 10 minutes and our pace was quite casual.

Everyone who worked at the hotel was friendly and helpful. Guest services arranged a taxi service for us to to to a local grocery store (Albertsons, Food 4 Less, and Vons are a few close by the hotel). They answered all my questions accurately and even answered my children's questions about "hidden Mickeys".

I've read complaints regarding the elevators. During mornings around 9-10 when people are either trying to get to the parks or check out, it takes a bit of waiting to get on an elevator. Usually elevators are full of guests getting to the main floor and people with strollers have a hard time finding space to get in. That was the only time we really waited for elevators. The rest of the day it wasn't too bad.

We spent a lot of time at the pool and water slide. My children loved it! It was off season when we went so it was far from being busy. I can't imagine how busy the pool gets during summer months because it is a tad small but quite wonderful nonetheless.

The housekeeping staff were WONDERFUL!! We had the pleasure of meeting Lupe and she was always smiling. Our room was always spotless. The lady who provided turn down service was exceptional as well and took time to chat with the children.

The hotel is older and it is not cheap to stay at this hotel. However, the service and the location made it worth the splurge.

Speaking of splurging, you must try the PCH grill's Character Breakfast if you choose to stay at this hotel! During our stay, the restaurant wasn't so busy and the characters spent a lot of time entertaining a small group of children. They took time to sit at the table with us and "eat" breakfast with us. We met Pluto, Stitch, Mickey and Minnie House. Pluto played with my daughter's Jessie doll to her delight. Stitch even used her doll to clean his ear while she laughed hysterically. There was dancing and music; it was a riot! The food was very yummy! There were healthy options and vegetarian dishes as well.

Our trip was amazing and we LOVED our stay at this hotel. The kids started to refer our hotel room as our "home". They cried when we left! We had such a magically stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel. We can't wait to our next visit!

5  Thank FaiDe
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Paradise Pier was a great hotel that met our needs. It was an easy walk through the Grand Californian Hotel to Disneyland and the California Adventure Park. We reallly enjoyed the pool and waterslide each afternoon. I would prefer the Grand but this hotel is definitely worth it for the price.

1  Thank scyoung
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stayed at Paradise Pier about a month ago and it was better than expected. We were supposed to stay at Disneyland Hotel, but they called us 2 days before we left and said we overbooked so you have to move to Paradise Pier. We were expecting it not to be great because its the "cheap" hotel at Disneyland. We loved it though!!! I hadn't been there since 1990 and it was my daughter's first time who is 13 first time, we always go to Disney World, but we did Disneyland this time and we liked it better!!! Anyway they upgraded us to a theme park view (which was AMAZING) plus you watch the world of color show! They also gave us $200 in character dining at Goofy's Kitchen because of the move. They also said we would get dream fastpass' but they didn't give them to us, which was disappointing. The cast members were very nice and helpful. The clear glass elevator my daughter thought was awesome and the pool was really nice and on the 3rd. floor which was cool. The restaurants were nice and the whole hotel was in nice shape. Beds were very comfortable, rooms were colorful and nice, good size bathrooms, and rooms were bigger than moderate hotels at Disney World which was nice! It's pretty close Downtown Disney and across the street from Californian Hotel, which is nice to get into California Adventure early. A lot of the little kids sat on the couches and watched tv in the lobby, looked like they were having lots of fun and the cast members were having fun with them. The game room and movie theatre looked really nice also. Overall it was really nice and we will probably stay there next time also.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank 2p13m97j
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We just came back from a week in Disneyland - the kids' first time. We were determined to stay in the park and it was worth every penny. We got connecting rooms and were surprised at how big the rooms were. The rooms were incredibly quiet (even though we were right beside the elevator), and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I have never slept so well in a hotel. Yes, the hotel could use a bit of updating but overall it was fantastic and good value for what we paid.

4  Thank BCBusinessTraveller2
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We're annual passholders, so we paid a discounted rate of $154, and upgraded to concierge level for an additional $71. However, I discovered the concierge fee varies depending on when you stay, and it doesn't matter how many people are in your party. For example, one night the room only will be $250 with the concierge level an additional $100, and then another night the room will be $315 with the concierge only $35 more. But, you're still paying $350 total for either night. So, if your travel dates aren't flexible, it can be worth spending the extra $$.

Was concierge level worth it for us? For what we paid, just barely. We were able to have breakfast there (no doughnuts, though -- muffins, bagels, fruit danish, cereal), but our 2-year-old wasn't really interested in the evening reception, even though I thought the teriyaki chicken skewers were yummy. But, one could feasibly fill up on the cut veggies, cheese, crackers, bread, chips & salsa. And the desserts looked good. We did try to take snacks (big cookies were good), sodas, and bottled water as often as possible (they're about $3 from the vending machines), and we did enjoy some beer and wine, so maybe we ate/drank almost $71 worth. But, we also ended up getting room service, which was decent. We ordered a crab louis salad (which came with dinner rolls) and the kid's mac & cheese (with fries & drink), cost about $40 with gratuity, as they add service & delivery charges. Although for some reason, we didn't get the nightly turndown service, and no special treats for our daughter, except for an activity kit during breakfast.

As for the room, I thought it was a good size, didn't feel cramped at all. We had a king-sized bed with a sofa sleeper, which was surprisingly comfortable, despite being a bit on the worn side. Although there were no sheets for the sleeper, only a blanket and extra pillows in the closet. Our room was poolside, which was nice and convenient. The patio area is a nice touch, too. The lighting in the room is a bit on the dim side, though. And while the website says there's complimentary internet access, self-parking, weekday newspaper, and local calls, you actually pay a resort fee of $13.80/day for them (which is definitely more economical, but not free.) The in-room coffee isn't very good, but the glass mugs were nice. We did have an issue with the thermostat/room temp, though. We woke up several times during the night because it would be either slightly warm or cold, and we would have to pull the covers up or off, depending on which it was. I think we had it set at about 72 or 73.

The bathroom was standard, nothing special, definitely dated. While I found the showerhead amusing, the water pressure was somewhat low. Our daughter like the mouse-shaped tops of the toiletry bottles, though.

The pool is on the small side, but luckily it wasn't crowded at all while we were there. We were disappointed that we couldn't ride the water slide with our daughter, though. Kids have to be able to ride by themselves, and without their life jackets (which the hotel provides). There's also a shallow pool, which was nice to relax in, since usually it was empty.

As others have pointed out in previous reviews, the conveniences of staying at a resort hotel are being within walking distance, early entry, charging meals/purchases to your room, plus room delivery for purchases. But, I think the only one worth it, at least for an annual passholder, would be early entry. If you can get a good deal on the rate, then I'd recommend staying here. Otherwise, probably better to save your money and stay elsewhere.

4  Thank catmom37