I have been reading a lot of reviews on this hotel over the past months getting ready for our Spring Break trip. We went last week (March 10-13) after visiting family. We arrived around 8 that evening and the Cast member who checked us in was very helpful. She gave my girls (ages 9 and 13) a bouquet of balloons, their birthday pins, and a card for their birthday. They were excited! The "Disney feel" is there, just not IN YOUR FACE as the other hotels might be. But, it suited us just fine.
Our room was nice and roomy and it was wonderful having a sofa that turned into a twin bed. Everyone was happy with their sleeping accommodations. We had a wonderful view of California Adventure on the 8th floor. Overall, our room was nice and comfortable--we weren't in it that long. The ONLY complaint that I had was the shower's WATER PRESSURE!! There was NONE! It was like a dribble on your body. After a long day at Disney, I dreaded on taking a shower--where that SHOULD be the ONE thing you want to go back to...a good, nice, hot shower! But, no such luck..I wonder if it was like that in all rooms? The pool was "heated" but not as much as the kids would've liked..it was a windy day. There was ONE small jacuzzi open and everyone was packed like sardines--not much excitement over the pool as the Disneyland Hotel has.
All the reviews talked about how slow the elevators were. That was not so for our visit. We were able to get on and off as soon as we pushed the button. The other reviews were how people complained of the walk. It wasn't too bad at all. Across the street, through Disney's Grand Californian, and out the door to Downtown Disney...which led to both parks. I really liked the proximity to everything--compared to Disneyworld..where we'd have to wait on a tram to take us to and from the parks and to our hotel room. There were a couple of times, we had to run back to the hotel for things..and it wasn't bad at all.
We were there from sun up to sun down every night we were there and it was a wonderful trip. I'd stay at the Paradise Pier again for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim