“Gotta love the Disney customer service!!!”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Idaho
“Gotta love the Disney customer service!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Paradise Pier. We stayed at the hotel to celebrate our 10th anniversary and we are so happy we did. We checked in a little early at 2:15 without any problems and were even given a bunch of balloons for our anniversary and upgraded to a theme park room. Each night we were welcomed back to the hotel room with nightly turndown service with little disney chocolates on the pillows, I thought this service was only for conceirge rooms but I guess I was mistaken. On our first night in the room we returned to find roses all over our bed spelling the word 'Love' and a plate of huge mickey mouse rice krispy treats. It was such a nice touch.

This hotel is the furthest away from the parks, which I was originally concerned about, but it really wasn't an issue. It is a very nice walk and doesn't seem to be that far because most of the walk is through downtown disney. I'm definitely glad we stayed here onsite, it does seem to make the whole experience a little more magical because you never feel like you leave the disney experience.

I most definitely would recommend this hotel to other travelers as it is the cheapest out of all 3 of the disney hotels and you still feel like you are getting the full experience. I booked this package through getawaytoday.com and was able to get a great deal which included the $150 gift card and our resort fees were included into the price.

Kathy

28 Thank misscampbells

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 21, 2006

I have just returned from the best vacation of my life, and I'm still in a euphoric state. My experience with the Paradise Pier Hotel was incredible.

First, I must tell you that we booked our Disneyland trip through AAA, and if you are a member-- USE THEM, and if you aren't, SIGN UP AND THEN USE THEM. The perks are incredible (unlimited Fastpasses comes to mind!), and everything is paid for ahead of time, so there are no surprise fees or questions.

My husband and I were there on our second Honeymoon (we called it our "Disneymoon"-- don't laugh), and because of it, we utilized the Disneyland Vacation Planning services to order gifts to be delivered to our room.

We were traveling over President's Day weekend, and because of the holiday, the traffic getting to the hotel was AWFUL-- what should have taken less than an hour took over 4 hours. So our mood when we arrived at the hotel was... iffy, to say the least. All of this changed however, when we got to our room. We had booked a standard room with no frills (we're still a young married couple). Our room was on the 15th floor (the highest floor in the hotel) and was the last one on the hall. When we walked in, the lights were all off, but the curtains were open. That's when we realized that they had upgraded us to a park view room. We could see all of California Adventure, and everything was lit up and beautiful.... and that's when we became 5-year-olds. We were literally jumping up and down and hugging for at least 10 minutes. All of the gifts we had ordered were displayed, along with a note wishing us a Happy Honeymoon.

I have been to Disneyland several times and stayed in many different hotels, and I will never do this trip differently than what I've just experienced. The benefits of staying in Disney hotel far exceed the price; the walk to the parks is nothing (not nearly as bad as people have complained), and it's through Downtown Disney, which is lovely.

As to the details of the hotel, the rooms are spacious and clean, the views are amazing and the staff is everything you'd expect from Disney.

If I could give it 6 stars, I would.

26 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed February 20, 2006

I wanted to stay at Paradise Pier simply because I wanted to stay on the Disney resort, but I wanted to pay as little as possible. I have to say that I was quite surprised with this little hotel. While it may not be as nice as the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian, it's quality is still higher than most hotels I've stayed at.

The rooms are of standard sized. They don't have anything flashy, but they're very comfortable. The beds are amazing! I ordered room service one night, and though it was a little expensive ($40 for two people), it was very satisfying. Our room looked out on the parking lot, the pool, and one of the Disneyland Hotel towers. I would've liked to spend the extra money to see California Adventure, but we were so tired by the time we got back to the hotel that we didn't care what we were looking at.

The hotel isn't perfect. The elevators can get annoying if you're heading to the park during the peak time of the day. They really need to add more elevators for the ammount of people staying there.. especially since a lot of people have large families with strollers. The elevators tend to fill up fast. I was on the 6th floor and had to wait for another elevator on several occasions.

One of the most common complaints with Paradise Pier is the distance to the park. Yes, it can be a long walk, but unless you have health problems, it's not too far at all. I always found that complaint a bit silly as you're walking all day when you're in the park. A word of advice though. If youre going to Disneyland, take the monorail. The walk from the hotel isn't that bad and it dumps you directly in the park. Even if you don't mind walking, you still should take the monorail (keep in mind you need your tickets already). I decided one day that the excercise would be good for me. First you have to wait through the line to check your bags, then you have to wait in another line to get into the park. It's not worth it as it can take upwards of an hour, just take the monorail and skip the hassle.

If you're going to California Adventure, leave through the front entrance to the hotel. Cross the street and walk through the Grand Californian and enter the park through the back way. There was never a line to get in when i went there and it saved a lot of tim fighting the crowds.

I would stay there again. It's more than worth every penny you spend to stay there.

• Stayed April 2005
26 Thank redbenny
Reviewed February 16, 2006

We stayed at the Paradise Pier the first week of February. Surprised to discover its not actually on the Disneyland park but rather across the road. Apparently it has gone through numerous owners/names over the year because it is certainly not new. Still, it was close to the California Grand Hotel which we walked through every day to get into the park. Now THATS a beautiful hotel.
We arranged for our complete fully-paid package through a travel agent only to be advised upon checking in that "Oh - there's also an $11/day charge for incidentals such as a newspaper on weekdays and use of the gym." When asked about the $150 gift card for those booking at a Disney hotel 4 or more nights, it was "sorry, yes we know about the program, but our computer screen doesn't show you're eligible." What??!!! It took a number of long-distance phonecalls to our travel agent before the Paradise Pier got their act together. So, all-in-all not a bad place (and conveniently located) but watch the hand on your wallet!

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boise ID
Reviewed February 9, 2006

We were upgraded to a Theme Park View without asking. This was an excellent way to start our trip. We let out a big sigh when we entered the lobby and the employees were all so welcoming after our long flight. It really set the tone for our whole trip. The kids were glued to the window night and day it just puts you all in the middle of that Disney magic. This hotel appears to just sit amongst rides when looking out at night.

They also loved the pool and what is nice is the slide softly lands you in a foot of water. The walk to the parks is actually fun because you can go across the Grand Californian parking lot and through their beautiful lobby and this will save you about 5 minutes over going through the downtown area which is also a fun walk though about 10 minutes. You can also have a golf cart take you to the monorail which has a shorter line to get in. We just really loved being in the middle of it all.

The rooms were very clean and spacious with 2 beds and couch that folds out to another twin. The bathrooms were large and clean. The fridge was very handy for breakfasts and water bottles. The color scheme is bright and beachy and very Disney. Our vacation was a blast.

The Anaheim hotels are so much closer than the Disney World ones, transportation is not a factor.

• Stayed August 2005
19 Thank HappyNorthwesterner
toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2006

My wife and I just returned from a stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel and it was great. We had a beautiful room facing California Adventure which was a fantastic view especially in the evening. We ate at the PCH Grill several times for the Lilo and Stitch Aloha breakfast. This is something that you must do when you come here. It's great. But I think one of the best perks is the location. Everything is within easy walking distance. These reviewers who complain about the walking must just be lazy. It only takes about 10 to 15 minutes at the most to walk to either of the parks or Downtown Disney. And as far as the people who complain about the TV channels being only Disney channels, I suggest you learn how to use a remote control. All you have to do is start channel surfing to find TBS or NBC or whatever. Honestly, some people just can't be pleased or are just plain stupid! Don't listen to these people. Paradise Pier gets a thumbs up all the way!

• Stayed January 2006
15 Thank hulkout
Reviewed January 19, 2006

We stayed here in January 2006. The hotel was pleasant, the staff friendly, and the hotel was clean and kid-friendly. It was a very quick walk to Downtown Disney with lots of stores/dining estalbishments and the monorail to Disneyland, and another 5-10 minute walk to the main entrance to disneyland and California adventure. We were upgraded (because basic rooms were sold out) to a deluxe room with a park view, which was big, had a nice DVD player, and large bathroom. My only minor gripe was that there is an $11 "resort fee" that was above the rate I booked on expedia -- I'm not quite sure what I got for that fee. However, I woul stay here again!

• Stayed January 2006