I have just returned from the best vacation of my life, and I'm still in a euphoric state. My experience with the Paradise Pier Hotel was incredible.
First, I must tell you that we booked our Disneyland trip through AAA, and if you are a member-- USE THEM, and if you aren't, SIGN UP AND THEN USE THEM. The perks are incredible (unlimited Fastpasses comes to mind!), and everything is paid for ahead of time, so there are no surprise fees or questions.
My husband and I were there on our second Honeymoon (we called it our "Disneymoon"-- don't laugh), and because of it, we utilized the Disneyland Vacation Planning services to order gifts to be delivered to our room.
We were traveling over President's Day weekend, and because of the holiday, the traffic getting to the hotel was AWFUL-- what should have taken less than an hour took over 4 hours. So our mood when we arrived at the hotel was... iffy, to say the least. All of this changed however, when we got to our room. We had booked a standard room with no frills (we're still a young married couple). Our room was on the 15th floor (the highest floor in the hotel) and was the last one on the hall. When we walked in, the lights were all off, but the curtains were open. That's when we realized that they had upgraded us to a park view room. We could see all of California Adventure, and everything was lit up and beautiful.... and that's when we became 5-year-olds. We were literally jumping up and down and hugging for at least 10 minutes. All of the gifts we had ordered were displayed, along with a note wishing us a Happy Honeymoon.
I have been to Disneyland several times and stayed in many different hotels, and I will never do this trip differently than what I've just experienced. The benefits of staying in Disney hotel far exceed the price; the walk to the parks is nothing (not nearly as bad as people have complained), and it's through Downtown Disney, which is lovely.
As to the details of the hotel, the rooms are spacious and clean, the views are amazing and the staff is everything you'd expect from Disney.
If I could give it 6 stars, I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim