“Paradise Pier Concierge Level Christmas 2013”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Bothell, Washington
“Paradise Pier Concierge Level Christmas 2013”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

12/22/13-12/27/13 We are a family of 4 with a mom, dad, 17 year old daughter and 14 year old son. We booked this vacation all the way back in April and booked a DCA park view on high concierge floor with Beach Comber's Club access. We checked in around 5pm on Sunday and were given a room on the 14th floor facing DCA with an awesome view of the park - exactly what we asked for. There were 4 Chocolate dipped Rice Crispy Mickeys waiting for us - they were delicious. The room had 2Q beds plus a twin size pull out couch. My daughter took the twin and was happy with it. The room was clean and had a fridge. The only complaint was lack of electrical outlets in convenient places (there were plenty but they were all in awkward locations not good for having phone charging at night by bed). We went to check out the Beach Comber's Club on the 2nd floor. Our room was close to the elevators and we mostly took the glass elevator which allowed for an awesome view of DCA. We never waited too long either direction except during fireworks times. The BCC (Beach Comber's Club) was a nice sized room with a big flat screen tv always playing a different Disney film. There were always at least 1 or 2 Concierge cast members and often other staff to help get food or answer questions. It was open 6:30am - 8pm every day. The only disappointment was that the food (except nightly appetizer) was exactly the same every day. Breakfast was assorted muffins, bagels, fruit, cereal. Snacks throughout the day were apples chips and cookies. Evening appetizer was variety of cheese, veggies, chocolate covered strawberries, 3 or 4 mini desserts chips and salsa and a hot appetizer (which at least for us, was never very good). There was beer and wine in the evening but we did not take advantage of this. A huge bonus was there was Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke, fruit punch juice boxes and 12 oz water bottles available at all times and you could take as many as you wanted to store in your fridge in your room. We took full advantage of this. My husband was unfortunately sick most of the trip so it was good to have plenty to drink in the fridge for him. You could not take the soda cans into the park, but the 12 oz water bottles were acceptable so we would cary a few each day in the backpack which saved on $4 waters in the park. It was close to 80 degrees each day so this was a big help. As mentioned, my husband ended up being very sick the whole trip so he spent most of his time in the room. Due to this, we did not get room service every day. However, room service was very accomodating with bringing extra towels and taking our trash, etc when we needed it. On one morning I had forgotten to ask for more towels the night before, I went down to the concierge lounge because I didn't want to wake my family. The concierge cast member had fresh towels brought to me to take back up. Everyone was very nice. The one thing that was disappointing about the hotel was the food in the lounge restaurant. My husband went down and ordered a fish taco and it was the worst thing he ever had - way over salted and over cooked. The manager was nice and did not charge him for it. We did not eat at either of the restaurants. However, my son and husband had room service twice and it was ok. We went to the pool/hot tub once. The water slides were not open which was fine, my kids weren't interested at the time. The hot tub was small but fine. The deck was an amazing place to view the nightly fireworks especially if you got there around 9:15 so you could snag one of the chairs to watch from. The price we paid was high. However, for a regular QQ room at Grand California without concierge level and no view we would have paid approx $400 more. The kids and I found the concierge lounge and our view worth the price (for a splurge since it was Christmas). We had a rental car for one night and paid $15 for the parking. The garage was convenient and easy to get in and out of. I felt like the parking at PP was better than the other two hotels because there wasn't much walk to the car for self parking. The walk to different places from the hotel was not bad. It took about 5 minutes to walk to the Disney Hotel and the end of downtown Disney. Less than 5 minutes to the Grand California Entrance and another 3-4 to get to the private DCA entrance inside the hotel. It was roughly 10-12 minutes to get to the Disneyland front entrance by going through the Grand California. Really not bad at all. Using the hotel entrance to DCA was priceless on Early Entry days to get to Cars Land fast. One of the biggest perks of staying on property at Disneyland Resort is the early entry times at one of the parks every day. Because of the huge Christmas crowds, we took full advantage of this 4 out of 5 days and it saved us tons of time and frustration. Overall, this was an excellent experience and I would stay at the Paradise Pier with concierge level view and privelages again. One other thing we did - we ordered some groceries (mostly gatoraid and other snacks we wanted) from Von's grocery store and had them delivered the day after we arrived. This was awesome and very easy. Especially if you didn't do concierge service, this would be a must for water and other drinks in the room.

Room Tip: If you have the money, get a room with DCA view on a high floor and use the concierge lounge if you...
7 Thank Dayna W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Had such an awesome experience at Paradise Pier! The front desk staff were nice. When we checked in, they said that we were Disney's family of the day which was just awesome! We stayed at a suite and the view we had of the park was amazing. Walking distance to the park was not bad at all. Probably a 5 minute walk. My family & I enjoyed our stay at Paradise Pier and we can't wait until our next stay!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CaliGirl738
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed January 5, 2014

i garentee that you would get a great review from me i love the fact of free breakfast and free inroom refridge it was awesome that you treat your guest like family thanks. i hope in the future i get to stay here again because the view of disney was awe inspiring.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is higher up and tell them you want to look out and see disneyland.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris W
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here and opted for the conceirge level of accommodation. What a big plus that turned out to be. We had free breakfast, daily snacks and desserts at night. We were also given a floor on one of the highest levels and had a room with a spectacular view. Having two teenagers, it was perfect to have the sofa couch which was very comfortable with a thick mattress which my daughter slept on every night. It was great walking to Disneyland every day with not so far to go and checking out the crowd report from our very own window first. The Christmas decorations also were very eye-catching and a small group of choir singers sang Christmas Carols in the hotel foyer which was a lovely touch. Lots of people told us that 4 days was too long at Disneyland with teens, but we all wish we had stayed here a lot longer. Great Atmosphere and a true Disney Experience!

Room Tip: Get the conceirge service and a room with a theme park view.
3 Thank HappyTourist_12_12
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were there mid-Nonvember for a convention and park touring. This hotel has a nice location and more reasonable rates than the other Disney properties. Our concierge room on the 14th floor was nice, but no matter what we did to try and make it warmer it was always less then 65 degrees.
Maintenance came by twice and said it was fix but never was. The park view was excellent.
There also was a problem with phone scammers being let thru the room which a few people got caught up in....THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.
All in all a very good trip, 1st time for Paradise Pier(we have stayed at the GCH and DLH many times and a first for a Christmas experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have stayed several times at the Grand California and the Disney Hotel. Both lovely and had a wonderful stay. Booked 3 nights, with 4 rooms. Items went missing ie: cash tickes and a child inhaler machine. This turned me off totally at staying at any of their hotels as the way they made me feel about the theft. I coming back, booking 3 rooms, 5 nights at another hotel, not sure which yet. If Disney had treated me better I would have come back I have stayes at the Hilton, Marriott, Hyate before and never treated so poorly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank vaqme
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is the first time we stayed in a Disney Hotel and to be honest my first impressions were.....WOW, what a tree what a lobby. The lobby was amazing and the staff are fantastic. We paid $3500 for Flights/Accom/Park Tickets(3 Days) and Xfers for the Christmas period. We upgraded to a Park view room, to see the World of Colour show, and it was about $54 per night (we stayed 3 nights) which was quite reasonable. We were an early arrival so we got breakfast at the Hotel on the morning we checked in in the Hotel restaurant, the I said WOW when the bill came, I know Disney is expensive but it worked out at $30 per Adult and $20 per Child (including Taxes and Gratuity) for a Buffet. We got to meet some Characters in here. The room was average and the Décor was very nice, very Disney, loved it. I would say, if there are any Disney Reps reading this, some in room Disney movies at reasonable prices would have went down a treat in the evenings or at night to settle down the kiddies, Disney Channel has to many ad's. We ordered room service twice and I was stumped at the 12% Gratuity and $3 delivery charge they charged me....!!! One occasion I went to the restaurant in the evening (late) and asked for 2 cereal bowls, we went to target to get some cereal for the kids for supper, the waitress came back to me and said that the restaurant manager would not give them to me and if I wanted them I had to call room service and order them and the pay the 12% and $3 as well. The lovely waitress got me 2 large paper cups and some plastic spoons, she apologised for the managers refusal and I left. I stopped by the reception and asked for 2 bowl's and 2 spoons and the duty manager went to the restaurant, I had just left, and got them for me....no charge!!!!!!! Óverall, it was worth the extra money to stay here, very nice Hotel and Staff....even the baggage (Bell) staff. We didn't get a chance to use any of the Hotel facilities, unfortunately.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a short time (<4 night) pay the extra for the Park View. Also, bring an ex...
2 Thank Hugh M