“Excellent Choice!!!”

Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Evansburg, Canada
“Excellent Choice!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at Disney's Paradise Pier hotel for 6 nights and it was a great choice. From the moment we entered the hotel we were treated with class and respect. We never had to wait long to check in and the CM at the front desk Donny was so helpful. He told us all the in's and out's of the hotel and gave us directions to both parks.

We had a room on the 12th floor over looking the pool, I was kinda hoping for a upgrade but did not ask for one. I was just happy that the room was high up so we did not have to hear street noise. The room was clean and everything was were it was suppose to be. The room had the single sofa bed which was nice because then my mom , who was traveling with us had a bed to her self. Each day the room was cleaned and we had plenty of towels .

We had supper one evening at the PCH Grill and it was ok. Nothing to scream about but it was a decent meal and I did not find the price over the top. I also had a grocery delivery from Von's and Bell Services accepted the delivery no problem. We even used the service of have items we bought at the park delivered back to the hotel for us. The store CM's said it would be back at our hotel for 7am the next day and it was there like clockwork.

I needed to use the WIFI for work and I never once experienced any issues with it. It worked fast enough that I could facetime with a friend at home. Only once did we experience the slow elevators and that was the Saturday morning we were leaving to come home.

The pool was perfect and we had no problem finding a place to sit and enjoy the sun. My daughter sad the water slide was awesome and she loved playing on it. I do wish the hot tub would have been a bit warmer but that is just a personal preference.

Walking back and forth to the parks was no more then 10 minutes. For Disneyland we would just had to the monorail and enter at Tomorrowland and for California Adventure we would enter through Grand Californian Hotel. We did take advantage of the EMH at both parks. The morning we did DCA, Radiator Racers was closed for testing till 9am so we just rode other rides and at 10 mins to 8 I hopped in the Fast Pass Line and got passes for 11:55am-12:55pm. We entered DCA through Grand Californian that morning and yes the line was long but we got through the line every quickly.

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel was excellent to my family and I and I would stay there again for my next Disney Vacation

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Bossy_Fred

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel for 4 nights in September 2013. The location is great and given that you can walk across the road, through the Grand Californian and straight into the park it makes the extra cost worth paying. We had an interconnecting room which was good and the rooms are big enough to accommodate a family of 5 (with 2 double beds and a single). The age of the property is evident but the rooms were very clean and well equipped. The view at night time (if you have a room facing California Adventure) is beautiful.

We ate at the PCH Grill one night and wouldn't return. There are far better options in Downtown Disney.

The kids had a great time at the pool one afternoon.

My biggest issue with this hotel is the Wifi. Disney advertises that there is free wifi and there is. Just don't except it to work. I need internet access for business and there was nowhere in this hotel that would work satisfactorily. Having to sit on the floor in the hallway to get internet access is a joke. I attempted to get Wifi in the Lobby bar area and business floor (after being advised by staff that these were probably the only areas where it would work properly) and had no success.

If you're on vacation and want a good quality hotel that is close to the park with the benefit of magic hour, then I would recommend staying here. If however, you are traveling from overseas and need wifi to access the internet or emails, find another property.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book a room overlooking California Adventure. The World of Colour show is at night...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I always love to stay here. Super location and very nice hotel. Service staff was excellent. Room was nice and clean. Views are great. Short walk to the Grand and Downtown Disney. Parking was very good although it should be free for guests. We were facing the pool which can be very noisy in the late afternoons. Windows are not very sound proof. They could use updating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeep_Rick
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've stayed at other Disney hotels before but this was by far my favourite we arrived early on our flight from Australia and our room wasn't ready as it was like 12 when we got to the hotel and check I wasn't till 3 but everyone was really nice so after we went and got something to eat and try and keep ourselves awake we went back to the hotel and the room we had was amazing I hadn't paid for a park view room but I opened the blinds and was absolutly amazed by the view it looked straight out over California adventure.... Best Disney stay I've ever had the staff were so nice and happy to help with anything and loved talking to the 2 young Aussie girls on there first trip to the states haha was hard to leave the hotel is beautiful we loved it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a great Disneyland experience staying at Paradise Pier. Very convenient to parks and downtown Disney. The staff was very helpful and being able to see the fireworks and water show from the room was nice. The park view does mean street side so there was some street noise. A sound machine would have been nice. The hotel restaurant was pricey but that's Disney. We usually visit Disney World and stay off site so a visit to Disneyland and being in the resort was very exciting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

the whole disney experience is just amazing we were there for 4 days and stayed at the Paradise Pier hotel. the hotel was very nice with great pricing the pool that is on the outside 3 floors up was a blast great view of the nightly fireworks show

Room Tip: the best rooms are the ones facing the parks
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Indio, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here on my trip to Disneyland. Has good access to the park. Never ate in the restaurants and as with the other Disneyland eateries all priced higher for the quality of food. The room was OK. The shower was running hot and cold every day and it never would get to the same temp. Last day the tub backed up. Swimming pool was nice as was the concierge but the free breakfast had no hot items except toast. The menu was very below average compared to other hotels. Coffee was weak. All of the personnel however were very nice and friendly. I think I can find a more reasonable place next time and take the shuttle to the park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends