Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$105
$102
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$632
$542
$690
$641
  • Restaurant
2,419 results
All reviewscharacter breakfastgrand californiancalifornia adventuredowntown disneybeach themebeach ball pillowsrice crispy treatspark viewglass elevatorpool deckconcierge roomdisney magicday bedcast membersboth parksacross the streetconcierge service
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Overall very nice hotel and vacation experience. We had a 12th floor two queen bed guest room with a sofa that converted to a twin bed. Room view of California Adventure park. Bedding was silky softness - nice! Great closet space. Liked the rolling table from under the desk - made it easy to eat in the room. Elevators were quick and rarely a wait even though hotel appeared to be packed during the July 4th holiday. Very professional and friendly staff at front desk and luggage area. The early entry to parks was so nice - allowing us a chance to get to the Cars radiator springs racers attraction! The parks and downtown Disney areas are an easy walk from the hotel. Although there is a resort only entrance to California Adventure park - the morning wait time was too long and it was faster to use the main entrance.

Room Tip: Higher floor has park views - great for evening fireworks or World of Color shows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is nice and very close to the parks. Not as magical as resorts in Disney World that we stayed at prior to coming to California-but Disney service is still some of the best. The rooms were clean and the advantage to the extra hours at the park made our selection worthwhile.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was clean, very close to the Disney Parks and downtown Disney. My only complaint if was that it doesn't have the same feel of hotels at Disney World. This is just a standard hotel. The accomodations were fine, but for the price, I expected a little more. No one greeted us and our 6 bags at the entrance, we basically had to fend for ourselves. Not the end of the world, but even non-Disney hotels are good at that, and it wasn't super busy when we checked in. The restaurant in the hotel had good food and good service. They had a nice gift shop. The biggest highlight was the pool and the water slide. My daughter really enjoyed that. Overall the hotel was good, just not for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I have stayed at a number of the "official" Disney properties, both in Orlando and CA so I speak from experience. We've stayed at all 3 in CA and several in Florida. I spent most of my life in the service industry, half of it as a manager, so I know what to look for. Prior to my first visit to the PPR, we only stayed at the Grand Californian, typically on the Concierge level. It's fair to call me "particular" about my accommodations. The GC was booked up once, so we took a chance on the PPR and we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff is courteous and very friendly, the valet's know me by name now. We've even booked the night before when the hotel was completely sold out and not only did they "make room" for us, we had a high floor to boot. Also, Disney has a 2 days prior minimum booking policy they overlooked for us. The hotel is always flawlessly clean and functional. It's not fancy at all, this was clearly built for families with children, those on a budget relatively speaking. A standard room can be found as low as $225 for annual passholders in low season, the GC is always $400+ for their most basic room, I've even stayed on the Concierge level at PPR for $275 (the top 2 floor only), the price variance is all but unheard of. You can expect to pay $200+ extra per night elsewhere for the Concierge. The "free" food and beer/wine is better than average in quality with liberal hours. You get the so-called benefit of "Magic Hour" when the park is open early for hotel guests, this is almost useless, despite the other comments. You have to be at the park at least an hour before the extra hour to wait an hour for the extra hour and only about 1/4 of the park is available to you. If you get 2 rides in, consider yourself lucky. Working knowledge of the Fastpass system and when to go on rides vs when to shop or retreat to your room for a nap will be just as effective as the "Magic Morning" (insiders tip, go on rides during popular shows like Fantasmic or the fireworks display and you'll walk on most rides...this only works at night). The PPR doesn't have the dramatic lobby found in the GC, the hotel décor has a SoCal beachy feel, it's not "handsome", but the view of Disney's California Adventure blows the doors off the GC, especially from floors 6 and higher, the price is basically half or two nights for one and what you "sacrifice" for the free night is nearly imperceptible. We now stay at the Paradise Pier regardless of availability, spend the extra we saved in the munchkin. I realize 4 stars is a high rating for a family-style hotel, but that's what they're selling and they deliver for a great price without sacrificing on Disney's famous customer service.

Room Tip: The higher floors allow you to watch the "World of Color" from your window and the audio is piped through your TV. Stay in low-season and opt for the Concierge level for about $50 more per night, it's worth every penny.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank tommyd44
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 5 year old son for a night. We live in San Diego with Annual passes and wanted an early start to the day at Disneyland, as well as the opportunity to catch the extra hour for Magic Morning hours. All Disney properties offer the extra hour (and we've found it is worth it to be first in the park with short lines ... at times, we've been able to ride the 3-4 popular rides before the crowds overtake the park). For this stay, the Magic Morning hour was at CA Adventures (I recommend heading straight to Cars Land Radiator Springs Racers and once done, get in line for a Fast Pass, as the lines for this ride can exceed 1 hour and the fast pass typically runs out well before noon).

I've also stayed at the Grand Californian and was pleasantly surprised by this "lower-end" property. The room was bright and clean. There was a refrigerator in the room, as well. While Paradise Pier is a little farther from the parks (can't beat the dedicated entrance to CA Adventure from the Grand Californian), I think I prefer this to the Grand CA overall.

As with all Disney properties, the cast members were very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family