Once again, Disney exceeded our expectations! I checked into the hotel and was asked where the rest of my party was. The front desk attendant asked me to get the rest of my party because he had some "magic" for us! As excited as I possibly could be, I rounded up the rest of my group to find out that we were selected as the Big Kahuna family that day and received a picture in a very nice picture frame, free rice krispy treats to be delivered to our room that night! This was a trip celebrating my son's 8th birthday and father's 65th birthday - and what a great treat this was! Our room was HUGE and overlooked the park! We ended up canceling the second room reservation because we were all easily accomodated in the suite! The fireworks desplay from the room was spectacular not to mention the extra "magic" experienced along the way!
We were suprised how far spread apart everything was from the hotels. We were glad that we did stay at the resort due to the long walks we would have occurred with the non-disney hotels.
Great Customer Service:
My husband was very ill (not Disney related) and the front desk when out of their way to help him in any way they could. The front desk service always exceeded our expectations and even offered a car to take him to a nearby hospital.
Also, we purchased a few items from the gift shop and the staff was always helpful and friendly!
Lastly, when we arrived at the resort, we had no idea how and where to get into the parks. When we asked an "off duty" employee for directions, he escorted my family through the Disney California Hotel and showed us the "secrete entrance" to the California Adventure Park. Once again - exceeding our expectations!
I wish we could elaborate about the rest of the resort - but the weather didn't allow us to use the pool. We did go to the character breakfast at the resort and the kids had a great time! We were hoping it would be a little more like Ohana's but were still happy about the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim