“Nice stay and clean rooms”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #43 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We came here not knowing what to expect. It was a very clean hotel beds were clean and the floors are emmaculate! Basic furniture but roomy enough for all 3of us ! Ordered room service one night because we didn't want to wait in an hour for a burger and the food was amazingly great! Our 4yr old enjoyed his spagetti whole we had half a salad and soup which was a very generous portion . You only have to walk across the street to Califgrand hotel to get to the parks and your there ! Saved a lot of money o. Staying here well worth the money spent !

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Funinthesunkiss
Write a ReviewReviews (2,355)

Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel would probably cost you about $120 in most other places, but here you are paying for location, location, location (and some Disney perks!). We got a rate of $169 in early November. This is not a luxury hotel in any way, it is fairly basic, however it was very clean, had very comfortable beds and lovely linens. The daybed is sturdy and comfortable for a child, and as a family of five, we are so pleased that Disney will accomodate us, without having to rent two rooms, pay for a roll-out or sneak your third child in! (yes I've done it!). We had dinner in the hotel restaurant our first night, and it was pretty good. Much better than I was expecting. Tasty, fresh ingredients. My kids loved the make-your-own pizza.
The in-room fridge was handy. My husband took a taxi to Food-4-Less and got us some supplies ($6 each way.) The in-room coffee was really terrible, but I did get a cup from the snack bar downstairs in the mornings.
The kids enjoyed to pool area - I thought it was pretty basic, but they seem to be doing some renovations to the pool area.
Overall, this hotel made our trip to Disneyland easy. Thanks Paradise Pier.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank regiemino
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed at Disney' Paradise Pier Oct. 18-22,2011. The hotel itself was nice and the amenities were great. The walk to Downtown Disney and Disneyland were easy as well. However, one of the days we came back from the park, we found one of my wife's earrings under the sheets of the bed. This wouldn't have been unusual except that she never wore those earrings on our trip! All her unworn jewelry was kept in a jewelry bag which was stored in her cosmetics bag located in the bathroom. We didn't think much of this at the moment and just kind of dismissed it as "that's weird". It wasn't until we got home the next day when my wife discovered that her 2nd favorite diamond ring was missing from her jewelry bag! My wife only wears two rings, her wedding ring and this one. She called the hotel immediately and she was transferred to housekeeping and it was handled as a "lost" item in which they asked the housekeeper if she happened to "find" a ring. Guess what the answer was. I was dissatisfied with this effort so I called and asked to speak to the hotel manager in reference to a theft. The shift manager then was going to transfer me to housekeeping again and I informed him that this had already been done and that we believed that our ring had been stolen from someone with access to our room (not necessarily blaming our housekeeper). The manager then transferred me to Security who then transferred me to Guest Claims.

In that week I told our story to 3 different Guest Claims reps who assured me they would investigate. The last rep actually got defensive with me and asked (in an insinuating tone) if maybe my own kids may have taken the jewelry out. I told her "Look, our kids are 8 and 5 and there's no way we would ever leave them in the room alone!" With that said, "Don't you think we would have noticed them playing with jewelry on the bed?"

My point is this, (and I told the Disney reps as well), I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this I just wanted them to know that a theft had occurred in our room. We know that we're never going to see that ring again but I wanted them to be aware that the problem exists and I hope that they track these events so that they can eventually pinpoint the problem. Now I can't say for sure that it was OUR housekeeper because that would be unjust. What I can say for sure is that someone who had access to our room stole my wife's ring. And most likely it's going to be an employee.

If you stay at this hotel LOCK UP YOUR VALUABLES! There are room safes in place but we didn't expect this from a Disney Hotel. We are guilty of not using the safe, but somewhere at Paradise Pier there is someone guilty of stealing our jewelry! Will we stay there again? Sure. But we won't be victimized twice!

14  Thank Mark-in-Rio
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Although the hotel is not that appealing on the outside and the lobby is rather dull, I loved the rooms: big, spacy, fun, clean, comfortabel beds, nice details. Service at the reception was excellent. I recommend staying here, but not eating in the main restaurant.

Room Tip: We booked a room with a standard view, and got one with a pool view, so maybe paying for park view i...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Silvioflies
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed 2 nights here and everything was on par. Very comfortable beds and pillows, clean rooms, excellent service. David at the bell desk took us and my wife's elderly parents twice in a golf cart to Downtown Disney so they would not have to walk it. Hotel is conveniently located to both parks. Great time of year to avoid the crowds. View to the West is OK, towards the park would be better. The small cafe is good for quick foods in the morning. Did not eat at the restaurant but it looked good. If you are not leaving the Hotel at all don't rent a car take shuttle from LAX. Will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: If going during peak season get either a high room or the lowest as the elevators fill up and pass b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank winecountrylovers
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Great hotel. Clean and quick walk into california adventure park. Dont pay the extra for the Grand Californian as this hotel also gives access to the park via a private entrance and you can still use it's lobby.

Room Tip: Get a park view room
5  Thank steveharris
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My husband, 4-year-old son and I stayed at Paradise Pier for 4 nights in a room with 2 double beds. We had a great time and enjoyed our stay. Our view was of the pool and parking lot but we didn't really mind. The beds were some of the most comfortable we've ever stayed in away from home! We loved the fact that we were a short walk from the parks and it was nice to be able to come back to the room during the day if we needed to. The hotel staff was friendly and responsive to any issues.

When we arrived we took our son to the pool and he had a blast on the slide. He must have gone up and down 20 times! That night we were exhausted so we ordered room service and the burgers were delicious.

We did the character breakfast one day and it was so much fun. We booked the 10:30 time so that we could take advantage of the early park entrance (all hotel guests have the early entrance perk on certain days) and it worked out really well. We had a snack before heading to the park, went to the park for a few hours, then came back for breakfast. It was perfect because the restaurant was much less busy and our son had more personal interaction with the characters. He got to dance with Mickey just the two of them for about 10 minutes and Daisy Duck sat with us for awhile and fed him eggs. He still says that was his favorite part of the whole trip! It was nice that it wasn't so crowded. We walked by the next morning around 9 and it was packed!

We had an issue with the water temperature going from hot to cold and back to hot in the shower. We called the front desk and they sent someone up within 10 minutes. The problem was fixed by the next time we showered.

The only other problems we had were that the Wifi was super slow and kept kicking us off. Since we were just trying to check email and upload pictures it wasn't really a serious issue for us but I can imagine that it would be a real problem if we were on business. Also, the elevators are really slow. We found that it was good to be on a high floor because the elevators came up to us empty. Almost every time the elevator would stop on several floors on the way down for people to get on. The people on the lower floors seemed really frustrated because the elevator was always full by the time it got to them. I guess the other way around that would be to request a low floor so that you could use the stairs.

Overall this was a wonderful and fairly affordable way to truly have the Disney experience. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a high or low floor to avoid the elevator issue.
5  Thank stevesgirl1111