“Musical Extravaganza and a great place to stay”
other travelers have booked this property
Looking at Pool From Hot Tub Bobby at tiki bar
Living Room
Game Room
Hall Bath
Kid's 'Mickey' Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ReverendD...
Sacramento, California
“Musical Extravaganza and a great place to stay”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

Bobby was a great host and although we had some minor problems when we got there, he was there within an hour to rectify them. The house was only 20 minutes away from the Anaheim Convention Center (and Disneyland) and was an easy drive in the morning on bith days we attended the NAMM show.

After walking around fr 8 hours it was relaxing to spend some time in the jacuzzi and heated pool. The house comfortably accommodated the 10 of us and having all of the amenities that you wouldn't expect, like a pool table, and air hockey table, (and even some fishing poles) was a nice addition to our stay.

Thanks again Bobby! We will defintiely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience here was good
Liked least: There is nothing to mention
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Feb 1, 2013
Thanks for staying gang. It was fun having musician types like myself out for the big NAMM convention. Kudos for taking great care of my place and come back anytime!
Sydney Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Dec 30, 2012
It was great having you fine folks from the downunder. You did teach me about the "kettle" and my home now proudly stocks one. We use small toaster ovens here more than toasters because you can cook small things along with toasting bread in them and they are more efficient. My home has so many things for the traveler in it, no problem adding on a regular toaster too. I got your request for another stay and look forward to having you back again at the Tropical Paradise home in sunny Southern California.
UK
Reviewed October 31, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Oct 31, 2012
It was a great pleasure having these nice folks in my home. They are a wonderful, close and very down to earth family. It was my honor and a joy to make their dream wedding on a sunny Southern California beach a reality.
I dedicate myself to my homes because I want my guests vacations to be as memorable and fun as possible. I understand that many visitors come from far away and don't know the area so, as the owner, I feel obligated to make them comfortable and give them piece of mind that they have any help they need. My rates are very reasonable so it's not all about the money. My biggest reward is making so many great new friends like these folks. I would welcome them back at any time in the future and love to have any of their friends from across the pond.
Wenlet
Edmonton
“Nice Pool but Little Else”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

The pictures online are taken with careful consideration to angles. They are, in fact, accurate but it is what you don't see that is most important. When we arrived the owner was finishing up cleaning the house and spent a bit of time with us explaining various things. The AC did not work well and that was important to us. We were told to run it overnight and then to shut it off or it would freeze up and not be available for days. The coolness of the air really only slowly flowed into the rooms, my daughters could barely tell it was on. There were floor fans in every room and we understand why. We would have to spend hours trying to get the house cool enough to be able to close the bedroom doors and then turn on the AC. One of the bedrooms had no screens on the windows and the overhead fan was broken so they could neither open the windows at night or turn on their fan. This bedroom also had two bunks beds in it with doubles on the bottom so my daughter and her boyfriend each slept in one and discovered the mattress was covered in plastic with no way to remove it. You can imagine the heat that created along with the other issues. In another bedroom, one leading to the pool, two end slats on the verticals were broken off leaving heat and light streaming into it all day. We had to find a sheet somewhere and try to cover it so they could sleep comfortably. The biggest issue for us were the bugs and spiders. Every morning you could hear a scream from the main bathroom as they discovered spiders in the shower and daily many waterbugs of some type. After several days of this we located a can of bug spray and used it all over the bathroom and that seemed to fix things.There was also mold in the main bath area. This house may sleep 16 or 18 (using air mattresses) but there is only a single couch in the living room which 3 people can sit on. The pool area is the nicest part of the house and we did get to enjoy it for a day when we had some free time. One of the worst things we encountered was arriving home from a day at Disney and being greeted by a cockroach skittering across the rug under the kitchen table. Were it not for the fact that I was travelling with my family and the enjoyment that brings I would have been very disappointed. I guess the most poignant memories are made from the best and the worst vacation moments!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The pool area
Liked least: Too much clutter in house
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 6, 2012
I'm sorry to say this review is quite inaccurate and these guests have misrepresented my statements. I'll also apologize for taking good pictures that accurately portray my beautiful vacation home. I'm an experienced dedicated owner and rarely get complaints but any occasional negativity is immediately addressed and changes are made to insure I don't get it again. As with all guests, I told these folks to use the air conditioning all they want while they are home but while they are at Disney for 12-14 hours, rest it until they return and maintain a reasonable temperature on the thermostat. As with any AC, overly excessive 24 hour use could cause ice on the condenser. Being as I don't charge anything for AC use despite my reasonable rental rates, this is a very cordial part of my welcome speech that has had a significant impact on my summer electricity costs so I can continue not charging for it while still keeping my rental rates down. I've always kept floor fans in all rooms in addition to the ceiling fans. Many folks like that, some don't care for air conditioning. I also have extra air mattresses, bedding and linens, playpens, cribs, high chairs, toys, games, golf clubs, fishing poles, pillows, poolside chairs, smoke and carbon detectors, maps, brochures, etc. etc. etc. I keep my home fully loaded.
Of course my mattresses have covers! Particularly the bunk beds where kids sleep which is where their daughters slept with the boyfriends. And, if guests don't care for mattress covers, of course they are easy to remove.
As far as bugs, Southern California is a desert climate and we get occasional spiders and ants. They did NOT see cockroaches in my home and my home is definitely not overrun with bugs. I would NEVER allow that. Outside of occasional ants, this is the first time with thousand of guests over the years that I've even had mention of bugs. Even the nicest home in Southern California gets an intermittent arachnid visitor. I have a clean well-kept home that receives a thorough scrub down between every group of guests including bleaching and sanitizing tubs and shower walls to prevent any mold.
I'm sorry again that these folks didn't enjoy my wonderful home as hundreds of visitors annually do. I work tirelessly to please everyone and dedicate great diligence in making my home the nicest possible. I'm very proud to consistently be a big part of traveler's best vacation moments.
Merit less or not, I'll still address every single item these guests mentioned because I want to be the best to everyone. But, once again, this review is highly inaccurate. To view hundreds of other reviews on my home, please go to this site and scroll down to reviews. http://www.vrbo.com/179074
scarlettx...
Los Angeles, California
“Great house for work and play!”
Reviewed January 12, 2012 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

I booked this home for a weekend retreat with a youth organization I'm part of. There were over a dozen of us and the home easily accommodated our needs.

It technically isn't in Anaheim but it's convenient to Disneyland all the same. The home is located in a nice, quiet neighborhood. It's close to a variety of grocery stores and restaurants.

Bobby was always prompt in his communication and always willing to address our concerns and needs. Thank you for letting us stay in your home!

P.S. Foursquare users--look up "Tropical Paradise" during your visit :)

Traveling group: Large Group/Tour
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
England
Reviewed February 5, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Liked best: Relaxef
Liked least: Na
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing