“I am extremely angry.”

American Brasserie
Ranked #341 of 928 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Restaurant is located in the Holiday Inn Anaheim hotel at the same address.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was hungry and it was late so we decided to order a pizza from the restaurant. Not only was it actually...and I am not exaggerating...the worst pizza I have ever had. To top it off it cost $27 dollars for the one pizza. It tasted exactly like Delisio frozen pizza. I am so upset right now. To have wasted $30 on something that I can't physically eat because it is so discussing. I am extremely upset.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great bartender with a good pour. Friendly but not overly attentive! Try the "captain smash" after your visit to the happiest place in earth. You will rest well

1  Thank Marguerite G
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had breakfasts included in our accommodation package when we stayed at The Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. It's something we try and do when we're travelling because it's convenient. This is the only time that we've really disliked a hotel breakfast. (We've eaten in Bali, KL, Hong Kong, all over Australia, Canada and Singapore.)

We had seven days worth of tickets, and used three. After three days, we just couldn't do the food any more. Some of this is most definitely cultural, but when even the eighteen year old son (who is normally more interested in quantity than quality) states "Can we NOT eat breakfast at the hotel, PLEASE!" you know you have an issue.

The service staff were pleasant and attentive, and there was always plenty of room (in retrospect this was probably a warning sign), but the food was just poor.

Our tickets entitled us to the buffet, and we could order eggs differently if we didn't want the standard selection - American style scramble (?powdered), which we found tasteless. The bacon is cremated, and the waffles soggy. Cereal selections were very limited unless you like sugar, sugar, and more sugar. Danish pastry selections were dry and overcooked. I took the opportunity to order poached eggs, hoping that they would be better than the scrambled variety, and received eggs that had obviously never seen any poaching, but were rather buttered and (I assume) baked. Toast was only available as an extra for five dollars.

For any Australians reading, the coffee was even worse than nearly anywhere else we went in Anaheim, which is saying something.

We did try dinner there one evening, and because we'd been warned about US portion sizes, only ordered entree (appetiser) sized meals. The meals were enormous - and none of us had a hope of finishing them, even if they'd been tasty. Strangely for us, we'd all ordered different varieties of chicken, but it was dry, or so coated in sauce that it was an effort to discover the chicken. It was served with what looked like packet crisps refried and soggy.

The only good thing I can say is that our daughter and I did have hommus and pita bread with (miracle) raw veges when in a hurry on a way to a show and it was pleasant, but still not memorable except for the fact that we'd actually found something edible. Other than that we just didn't eat there.

A restaurant at a hotel could be a goldmine. If this one had better food it would be, because there's nowhere else close by to eat. We went out of our way to avoid it, which involved catching the ART bus elsewhere. Very sad.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went there for breakfast only, staff were less than attentive, we ordered from the menu, not the greasy buffet, that didn't sit well with them, my wifes oatmeal was cold we had to send back, my food was okay except for the frozen and oven heated breakfast potatoes, they looked bleached and dull. Coffee was luke warm.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff is very friendly; we enjoyed our breakfast and dinner but there weren't many options in terms of food, so we would go to other places for breakfast even though this restaurant it's located next to our hotel.