“Somewhat dissappointed”

Disneyland Personal Assistant-Guide-Photographer
Ranked #1 of 127 things to do in Anaheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the thrill of the an old wooden rollercoaster, but with modern twists, turns and technology, at "California Screamin." Or enjoy a live performance by your favorite characters at Disney's newest theme park, featuring a slew of exciting rides and family entertainment.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Beware if you have children. My husband and I visited the CA Adventure to experience Cars Land. The first thing we noticed was everywhere we went we ran into people that were carrying beer, wine and mixed drink glasses, kinda drunk and smelled of booze. We were surprised, having both come from families with alcohol problems, we do not drink alcoholic beverages but realize that others do, no judgement. Also, it was a very hot, humid day. There is not enough shade!!!! We didn't really care for the atmosphere, which is a shame when you consider we paid $200 to get in. The attractions we did try out were excellent we looked passed the unhappy cast members we ran into. They didnt smile or say Thank you, Walt is probably turning over in his grave. Anyway we decided, we were going to have fun no matter what and we did, there some places we stayed away from. but this was surprising to me, putting a discotech next to the muppets? Really? I dont know that I will return soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,380)
All reviews
in 142 reviews
"older kids"
in 188 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Fun time at disney. Aladdin show is a must, very entertaining. World of Color was awesome due to the vip seating we got. Need to make more seating area options like fantasmic. Cars land was awesome, wish there were more cars there. Good food and attractions for all ages. I got a 3 day park hopper ticket and visited both parks.

1  Thank willandmaiya
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We bought a two day ticket that can be used for both parks. Adventure was very good but for us. Not as many rides ( not as atmospheric as disneyland resort) and this is how we rate the rides out of a score of 10.
Soaring over California 10.....tower of terror 8......water rapids 7.......toy story ride8....cars 8 (a very good ride but this is over rated and queues can be as long as 3 hrs and not worth the wait. HINT.... To get on the ride without a wait. Get to the park early, when they open the gates stay to the left. Queue up on the left and not in the middle of the road as fast pass machines are hidden . Ask where do you stand for cars free fast pass or watch were people are deliberately queuing up..GOOD LUCK we. Got a fast pass and within an hour , there were none left. If I had to choose one of the theme parks, I would have select disneyland
Enjoy your time. Ps. If you have bought tickets on. You can upgrade the at the booth before entry. ( best the night before)

2  Thank Jeanette M
Reviewed August 31, 2013

When we went to CA in May 2013, we bought the city pass for admission to multiple parks. By far the best part of that pass was being able to enter California Adventire and being able to go back and forth between it and Disneyland. Of the two, CA Adventure was our favorite. As a designer, I marveled at the way different parts of CA were represented both architecturally and environmentally. As a guest of the park, I thoroughly enjoyed all the attractions from Soaring Over CA to the ferris wheel [that has the added bonus of additional sliding of the carriage as the wheel goes around] to the roller coaster [smoothest one we've been on in a while and convinced my non-roller coaster riding spouse to try!] to the evening shows - we were particularly enthralled by and amazed by the World of Color show! Our son really loved the various traveling shows. And we all loved the Cars ride - make sure to get your fast passes for it as soon as you enter the park or go as single riders because that line is much faster. The Haunted Hotel ride is also really fun if you like to be startled on a ride. Probably the best advice to give to families going to these parks is to go in the "off-season" meaning a time when there are less crowds. I don't think one can ever go when there are not crowds, but when we went in the latter half of May, we didn't feel like we were trapped in hordes of people. For cheapest eats, try the Boudin's bakery in the "cannery Row" part of the park near the central water feature [lake]. Have fun!

1  Thank DB-Raw
See more reviews
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Let me start by saying we are huge fans of this park and stayed for 13 hrs in it on 08/28/13. This issue was World of Color and only that venue. We got our fast pass tickets first thing in the morning and were put in the BLUE section. It tells you to arrive at 8:00 since show at 9:00PM. Before 8:00 there was a line so we got in that for about 30 minutes. We waited with both lines about 90 minutes total and it was hot and humidity at 51% for the show. Once it started it broke down and they had to restart it which no big deal things happen but that is when the real show begin. We have 6 children so I have done this park for years with all different ages but this trip we were there with our 14 and 17 year old. The minute the show begin about 10 PARENTS with small children decided to put them up on there shoulders so the little angels could see. The rest of us all in that section could not. I was upset after waiting all that time to not see the show at all. I went to the Chamber of Commence and told them that before the show starts they need to say please don't put kids on your heads hold them in arms or get all the way up front so all can see. The chamber said you want to go back for 10:00PM show and I was not about to do that. We had already spent 13 hrs in park and back and feet done. I never have had a complaint in the parks and have been coming for years but this is a huge issue and the people around us were as upset as well. Park need to make a announcement and an have cast members tap on shoulders and tell parents nicely to take kids off shoulders so everyone can enjoy. Long day and a hot day than 90 minutes of waiting only to not see a thing. You are better off not getting a pass and standing back by Ariel's ride and viewing the show because if you get in front of Parents with little kids you wont see the show. At 175 bucks for two days the park needs to step up and tell people not shoulder watching!

Julie Lopez