“A good choice to sit and eat in Disney”

Rancho del Zocalo - Disneyland
Ranked #39 of 885 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Being from Arizona, we are sort of snobs about Mexican food. This place was pretty good! All four of us liked our meal and were sort of sad we had never tried it on previous trips. I had the burrito with fajita-style beef, which was a nice big portion. There is plenty of seating and it was quick and easy to get food. We will be returning next time we visit Disneyland!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place has been Remodeled and the food is a little better than before. The price is high but your in the park so unless you leave the park be prepared to pay more.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have never been disappointed with the Burrito Sonora at Rancho del Zocalo. My husband and I share it every time we go to Disneyland. It is so good and I found out there is a counter service restaurant where you can get the same thing in California Adventure.

1  Thank Malinda M
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is the first time we eat at this restaurant in Disney. It actually has a nice seating area and the food is decent, but not great. If you're looking for a nice shady spot to sit in eat this is a good choice. The fish tacos are actually good, and the plate comes with good red rice and beans. The only thing is that the Chipotle sauce is very spicy and it doesn't hit you right away. I made the mistake of getting on Star Tours after eating here and I finally understood why the other members of our party were complaining that the chipotle was too spicy. Again, it could just have been the ride. But also, do not add anything to it!!! Especially not lemon and salt. My mother did this, being used to spicy, and of course it was a fish taco--well, if you know what lemon and salt do to spicy food, DONT DO IT. The kid meal was not good. We got the chicken taco and it was better to have just ordered an adult plate and split it. The guacamole was very good. So overall, decent food. Just beware that chipotle sauce and know to wait a bit after eating to get on the rides.

And one last thing--you get a good view of where Woody comes to take pictures. He actually walked through the restaurant seating area as we were eating and high fived the kids. Very cool.

1  Thank Yvonne G
Reviewed June 3, 2013

First, the good news. The Rancho del Zocalo is a large property with plenty of seating, both indoors and outdoors. There is quite a lot of choice (if you like Tex-Mex food) and the portions are ample. And of course it is clean. It is, after all, a Disney property.

Now for the not great. The food is steam table. You grab your tray and silverware and belly up to the counter. We ate on the early side, so our food was absolutely not freshly cooked, even though I could see cooking going on in the background. So I'd count it as a quick and easy, fill your face experience.

The "average" rating is mostly because of the ease and the setting. Certainly not for the food.