“Lunch in the Park”

Rancho del Zocalo - Disneyland
Ranked #56 of 860 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Fast Food, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Ventura, California
“Lunch in the Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Can count on consistency at this restaurant. Like the atmosphere, can people watch while eating. Plenty of seating, no waiting.

Visited August 2012

Australia
“Large serves, Good price, Average flavour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Even though most of the seats are outside, there are heaters everywhere which makes it a warm cozy environment. You can see the Big Thunder trains go by which is kind of cool. I didn't enjoy the Monterey soft taco, but some will probably love it.

Visited November 2012
Menifee, California
“Good Value, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We ate here for lunch during our recent family trip to Disneyland. Had 6 people in our group and we needed a good value but wanted a nice meal. Found this on our Disney Mobile app and thought we would give it a try. It is right in Frontierland, a little out of the way, but nice and quiet too. Beautiful, colorful Spanish decor with lanterns, fountains, arches, ect. Not very crowded either.
Food was pretty good, not fantastic Mexican, but definitley filling and a nice variety too. A "counter" type restaurant, where you choose from items displayed in warmers from 2 different stations. Some food did seem to be "freshly prepared" or made to order (burritos, tacos). I had the cheese enchiladas for $9.99, came with 3 enchiladas rice and beans. It was good but a little dry. Others had the carne asada tacos and burrito plates (about $11.99) and they were also good. All meals included drinks which were self serve and refillable.
A great value, good food and nice atmosphere. Would reccomend and will return!

United States
“i love it as a vegetarian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

In the seating area there is a great place to fill your water bottle!

You can substitute great veggies for the beans if you dont like refried beans. I ate the enchiladas one night but I don't really do too well with cheese either. I thought they needed more red sauce. I should have asked for it.

My favorite that I ate two other times on our trip was the veggie tacos from the first stand when you walk in. I like the enchilada sauce so I had them give me some. They were very confused by veggie tacos! I would have been happy with the veggies in the shell but they added beans and rice. Since there were beans in there I should have exchanged the beans for veggies like I did when I got the enchiladas. I don't like too many beans. I am sure these are vegetarian beans because it didn't make my stomach upset.

They took the AP Discount!

One thing to keep in mind is that they have heaters on the inside that are really warm on winter nights. They have some outdoor ones but they aren't as good.

RICHLAND
“Good location and food, don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The location is right next to Big Thunder Mt with outdoor seating, fun to watch the coaster while you eat. They have heat lamps above the long tables and standing ones too, great on those chilly nights. The sonora burrito was a hit, made to order...you can get it with beef (which is what we did) or chicken or just with the vegies, rice & beans inside. The sauce was pretty spicy, we liked it but if you dont like the heat then skip the sauce. We also tried the 3 cheese enchiladas, which were good too. If your kids do not like mexican food, then just run across to the stage door walk up window to get chicken nuggets, corn dog or the power pack...then bring back over to Rancho...we did this 3 times and everyone was happy. The drinks are refillable, just show your receipt. They also had a fresh fruit bowl, we did not try it but it looked great and reasonably priced. Also tried a layered chocolate cake, it was good and big enough to share. Our cost for 2 entrees and 2 sodas was around $30. If you want to have a relaxing meal and good food, this is the place.

1 Thank bluepointsiamese