“Delicious burgers, great service”
Review of Slater's 50/50

Slater's 50/50
Ranked #116 of 896 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a really fun way to get a completely customized burger. The half-beef/half-bacon patty was incredible. Any sides like fries, onion rings, etc. are not included with the price of the burger but you can order a large appetizer sampler that more than satisfied us. This place was surprisingly kid-friendly given the fact that it is essentially a sports bar.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was very disappointed the last time I visited this restaurant. We arrived just before dinner time and had to wait (we expected to wait because of the time we got there). Once we were seated, it took 10 min before someone came by to ask if we wanted anything to drink or to take our orders. My wife's burger came out 15 min before my children and my burger were brought to us. She wanted to wait to eat until ours came out I told her no please eat yours is hot. Best advice I have ever given her... She finished up hers and finally my kids and mine showed up.

The waiter decided to throw another waiter under the bus and blame him instead of just apologizing. A manager came by the table just to check on the 3 of our burgers, not my wife's...

When the waiter delivered the check to us, everything we ordered was on the check. I was blown away that I had to say something to him regarding her burger came out 15 min before the rest of us...

A different manager came by and took 2 of the burgers off of the bill and gave me 3 free burger coupons. I told that manager that I couldn't believe that I had to say something for such a huge mistake on the part of the kitchen. In the time it took for my wife's burger to the 3 of us, they really should have just tossed her's and made a new one instead of bringing her's out before the rest of ours.

The only plus thing was on the way out the door there were 3 people sitting there waiting for a table, I gave them the coupons.

I will never give this restaurant another try. That is sad because the burger really is good...

Erika D, Guest Relations Manager at Slater's 50/50, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hi TomJ3-
Thank you for visiting Slater's 50/50 and for posting a review. We take these comments seriously because our guests' experiences are our number one priority. I am incredibly sorry you did not receive exceptional service during your last visit. This is unacceptable. Please know your review has been shared with our entire management team and we are taking immediate action. I realize you didn't post a review to receive a discount, but I would like to invite you back in to allow us another opportunity to impress you. Can you please email us at contact@slaters5050.com and reference this review?
Thank you!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a great place to hang out. Great bar atmosphere! The 50/50 burger (50% beef 50% bacon) was the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth. Without a doubt the best burger I've ever had in my life. I loved customizing my burger. I added spicy brown mustard, coleslaw, pickles, tomato, beer cheese sauce,and arugala; I called it The Elisabetster :) Whats fun too is too see all the crazy concoctions people come up with. I saw some crazy burgers come out such as a burger topped with buffalo wings drenched in ranch sauce. The service is excellent! I ordered the vampire dip because all the reviews raved about it...ummmm I could have done without it. I will be coming back for the burgers.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Almost since the invention of the hamburger, people have been eating this entrée with bacon. After all, bacon and burgers belong with one another as peanut butter and jelly. It’s just taken for granted as the norm. Slater’s goes a step further by grinding bacon into the burger. Sounds simple and straightforward, but how come nobody thought of it earlier? As with most inventions, it requires an entrepreneur with a vision to come up with a new reality. Slater accomplishes this with his 50/50 burger.
This 50/50 burger comes out moist and flavorful. Better yet is the toasted, brioche bun. Nothing makes a burger like a fresh bun. The burgers are adorned with different sauces, sometimes a little too much, but interesting sauces nonetheless. Appetizers portions are good and plentiful. And multiple brews are available to wash it all down. There is also a standard children’s menu.
The service is crisp and attentive even during busy times. There are flat screen TV’s everywhere, so one can see the game regardless of table or chair. The prices are fair considering the gourmet burgers that you really can’t find elsewhere. Singles, couples, groups, and families can all feel comfortable eating here.
Slater’s burger invention looks like it’s really taking off with new store openings. As with most inventions, there will undoubtedly be imitators, but only Slater’s is the real deal for 50/50 bacon burgers.

2  Thank OCinterscope
Reviewed December 20, 2012

For anyone visiting the Orange County/ Anaheim area, make a trip to Stater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills to enjoy one of these fabulous burgers. I highly recommend their signature 50/50 burger which is made of half bacon and half ground beef. The toppings you can get are endless! But for the guacamole/avocado lovers out there be sure to order the avocado mash which is superb! The beer list is great and the huge bar area makes for a great place to watch whatever game is on TV. Their appetizer list also has some great selections, my favorite is the Vampire dip! Talk about amazing!!! It is a place to go when you are feeling very indulgent, and if you have room try the bacon brownie desert thing(I can't remember exactly what they call it) which is unique and a very tasty treat! TIP: Make sure to get there before the dinner/bar rush especially if you plan on sitting in the bar area...it gets VERY busy!!!

1  Thank Katie W