“Great spot to chow down at Disneyland”
Review of Big Thunder Ranch Barbeque - CLOSED

Big Thunder Ranch Barbeque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

As southerners, we weren't sure what to think about barbeque at Disneyland. The food and service did not disappoint. Go hungry and fill up. All of the dishes were tasty, but the honey cornbread took the cake. An extra basket of cornbread ended up being our dessert for the meal. Definitely go if you want a sit down dinner while at Disneyland Park.

2  Thank eethomaswfnc
There are newer reviews for Big Thunder Ranch Barbeque

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Like some of the other reviewers, this restaurant was not what I expected. First of all, I was expecting a typical restaurant setting not picnic tables under umbrella shades. If this is what I was going for I would have packed my own lunch and found an empty bench somewhere in the park. Food was nothing to rave about either, except that it was plentiful. The wait staff was very efficient and very welcoming so that is a plus at least. Caveat: smaller parties may be seated with other diners since the restaurant does "family style dining." If this is a turnoff for you, you may want to avoid this one.

2  Thank adeluc
Reviewed April 2, 2014

this was ok all the kids and the hub liked it the flavor was not really my style and I like most bbq they did not tell us that the characters would be gone when we were there and the kids saw them leave so was kinda a bummer.....loved the cake cones though

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We came here for dinner March 26 during spring break for dinner. I made a reservation in advance threw Disney Dining. I only have one thing to say about that, when you make a reservation get a confirmation number!!! make sure you have it with you when you show up. I checked in at the desk upon arrival they asked me for my name and couldn't find my reservation. Then asked me for my phone number I have for my reservation and still couldn't find me. Luckily I brought my reservation confirmation number with me. They finally found me with that number. The desk staff told me if I didn't find it I could pay for a reservation that I didn't show up to and for the dinner both! The operator on the phone gave me a different time then the restaurant did. This happened to all the Disney restaurants I book threw Disney Dining! So from now on when I go to Disneyland the first day when I get there, I check with the restaurant the day before to be sure I'm on the reservation list for the next day, and also confirm the time I need to de there. This happened last year too, at all of there character dining locations also!

About the food and staff though, it all is good and tasty, but when you order more food, it takes a while to receive it. It's already cooked in the back, all they have to do is serve it, I don't know what the wait is all about! I also wish they would sell beer at this restaurant. What's a Bar-B-Q with out a beer! That's like going to a baseball game without a beer, they go together! The staff was friendly, but the price was a little expensive! They need to fix the glitches in there reservation staff, new training would be good!!!

4  Thank Jason G
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is another staple restaurant that we visit every time we go to Disneyland! I recommend the lunch if you're trying to save a few dollars, but the dinner does come with ribs and corn if you're craving more! I love the atmosphere of the Big Thunder Ranch! It is actually pleasantly quiet, away from a lot of the hustle and bustle that happens at Disneyland; there's some animals if you're there when the ranch side is open (or sometimes even when the ranch side is closed when the ducks decide to join you!) and food is good BBQ, served in a bucket and drinks in Mason jars, just like a ranch (or what I think a ranch would serve food in, having never been to an actual ranch BBQ!) It's a great place to set a spell and rest!

3  Thank Jennifer G