“LOTS of meat”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
South Jordan, Utah
“LOTS of meat”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Fortunately we made reservations in advance. We had am always hungry teenage boy on the trip and the all you can enjoy option is what drew us to this place.

Everything is brought out in metal buckets. They happily bring more when you ask. The coleslaw is good, vinegary and sweet. The corn was tasty. Some in our group loved the cornbread because it had pieces of corn in it, and some didn't, because it had pieces of corn in it.

The ribs were more grilled than smoked. The chicken was good, but did have to be pulled off the bone. The sausage was a hit. We tried the chocolate chip cookie bake for dessert. One was plenty for 6 people.

We saved this for our last day at Disneyland and we were glad, It's nice to get away from the crowd a little bit, but still be right there.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Hansonfam

Layton, Utah
“So many better options in Disneyland”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I had read some great reviews about this place before going to Disneyland (was a 5 out of 5 at the time) so I made a reservation before we even got there. Overall our experience was just average particularly for the price that I paid.
The service leaved a lot to be desired. Long wait time before our server brought drinks and the food. Server didn't return to check on to see if we want refills or more food. We had ordered a dessert when we gave our drink order because it said it took 1/2 hour to bake and the server forgot to tell the kitchen. (She did give us a discount on the bill and a certificate for ice cream on Main Street.)
The food was good but not exceptional. The ribs were very tough, definitely not fall off the bone, and they beef ribs instead of pork. Most of the chicken was dark meat. The sausage and beans were good. The best thing was probably the cole slaw.
One reason I had picked this place was they were supposed to have live music while you ate. The musicians packed it up by 7pm and we never saw them again.
The Big Thunder Ranch does sit in a very secluded part of Disneyland so it was nice to go there and get away from all the crowds.
Unfortunately I will not be back since there are much better places to eat while in the park that have better food and are cheaper: Carnation Café or the Plaza are two I'd recommend.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank PeakHealth
Vallejo, California
“Hamburger lunch - yum!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We just happened to walk by right during lunch time, great burgers and kids options come with carrots and fruit.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank CynBee227
Petaluma, California
“Well worth the money (and wait)”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had never heard of Big Thunder Ranch BBQ before our last trip to Disneyland, and thankfully some friends steered us to one of the best places to eat in the park! We made a reservation for 6:40 and arrived a little early due to our growling stomachs, but we ended up waiting almost 40 minutes before we got seated! My boyfriend and I were getting a little frustrated and asked the staff multiple times when we could expect to be seated, and each time we were told we were next, but other groups got seated before we did. By the time we were seated, we were past frustrated and hoped this meal lived up to the hype. IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! I have a gluten intolerance and the chef personally came out to the table to speak with me. She made me my own bowl of rolls (which is the only thing that isn't gluten free) which made me ecstatic. We ate so much food that we ended up just rolling our way back to the hotel to digest. This place is definitely a great place to eat in the park despite it's steep prices and long wait times. I will definitely be coming back next time I visit, and with an empty stomach!

I would recommend trying to eat at this place during off hours and try to make a reservation.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Sarah G
Goodyear, Arizona
“Horrible!!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were assigned a table, after 40 min passed our 6:40 pm reservation and left there for at least 10 min. before I flagged someone down to help us. Finally a waitress came and took our drink order. Water came juice for kids did not. Didn't see waitress again for another 10 min at least...... Finally waved her down as she was at another table. She came over with another waitress introduced her said she will be our new waitress as she has just returned from her break. Took food order, waited at least 20 - 30 min. Food came. Meat was cold. Asked for more corn.. Never got that. She never came back to ask us if we wanted anything else, i.e., food, drinks,. Table was very dark, saw lanterns on other tables, asked a waiter or busser not sure who if we could get a lantern to at least see our food. He came with lantern from other table. After an hour and 45 min. flagged our waitress down, (mind you) had never seen her all this time, asked her for our check. needless to say she was there immediately.. Horrible service, food was cold and not that good. For the price you'd think something food, service, music anything would be good. NOTHING WAS!!!! Never coming back and will let everyone know not the place to go and eat at Disneyland.

• Visited March 2014