“Best Italian Deli in OC” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cortina's Italian Market & Pizzeria
Ranked #66 of 858 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Alamitos, California
“Best Italian Deli in OC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Cortina's is like the Italian delis I knew as a child growing up in the East and Midwest with their Italian neighborhoods. They have the domestic and imported cheeses and meats and other items needed for Italian cooking. They carry a line of Italian pastries and cookies made elsewhere; but along with their wonderful breads, they touch the soul!

Their staff are very hard working and knock themselves out with customer service. Next door is their pizza and sandwich shop. It is jammed most days at lunch time - a real sign that they are the best at what they do.

• Visited October 2011

Northeast USA
“Could not believe I found a real Italian deli in OC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

Went here back in August, and forgot to write up a review.
I'm from the Northeast (NYC area), and know real Italian food when I see it. I was always under the notion that you could not find real Italian in southern California. I was wrong. I had one of the best prosciutto and cheese Italian sandwiches in a very long time. I know to come back here for a good Italian sandwich when I am in town again, and will try other items next time.

1 Thank readytograbasuitcase
Fountain Valley, California
“Good food, cozy atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

The first time I ate IN THE RESTAURANT at Cortina's, was about 15 years ago-- give or take a few years. Before that, I use to go into their deli/market and buy ALL the things I couldn' t get in the regular markets around Orange County, CA.
The thing that I really always LOVED about Cortina's deli/market was that I was able to get products that I grew up with. For example: "MY-T-FINE" chocolate pudding, Polly-O products, GREAT Mozzarella & other Italian cheeses, AND Celentano products...
About 15 years ago or so, we decided to try Cortina's restaurant. We have never had any good luck finding REALLY good pizza OR any REALLY good Italian food here in the OC. Anyways at Cortina's, the SERVICE was ok. The FETTUCCINE ALFREDO, RAVIOLI WITH MEAT BALLS, and the BAKED LASAGNA was EXCELLENT!!! In fact, I was pleasantly surprised how great it was.
The pizza however, TO ME, was a bit disappointing. My kids & their friends all liked it, and they ate it UP with NO complaints!! But, I am a bit more particular. It also might be because I just got back from NYC and had been eating the BEST PIZZA & ITALIAN FOOD IN THE WORLD....or maybe the pizza just ain't THE BEST... BUT, it wasn't the worst either.
ALL in all, WE ENJOYED EATING AT CORTINA'S & I would recommend it to anyone looking for an Italian restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Pretty good food, pizza wasn't the best...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

Pretty good food, pizza wasn't the best I've had, but it was WAY better then any chain pizzeria. The antipasto salad was good as well all fresh ingredients, and lots of them. I'd make another trip back for sure. I want to try their sub sandwiches. Also there canoli's are excellent!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“I have been eating at Cortina's for...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

I have been eating at Cortina's for atleast ten years and they have the best turkey sandwiches ever!! The prices have, however, gotten way too high within the past few years.

• 3 of 5 bubbles