“Really enjoyed the Fried Chicken”
Review of Plaza Inn

Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 887 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Definitely no complaints about our meals, but as everyone knows buying a meal for a family is very expensive in Disneyland. The Plaza Inn is no exception. At least everyone ate their all of their food happily so nothing was wasted. I would eat here again.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had the fried chicken and the pasta meals. Both were pretty good. You get a lot of food, so it's not a bad price. Great location to sit down and watch the fireworks while you eat.

1  Thank Janna99
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The food here is not your typical amusement park food. The servings are very large and the desserts were amazing. At the checkout, the cashier commented that we were purchasing her two favorites (the strawberry shortcake and the red velvet cake). I told her it was a tough decision since the chocolate cake looked so incredible too. A few minutes later she brought us a piece of chocolate cake and said, "I can't let you leave here without trying the chocolate cake." Classic Disney-style. We will be back for more of their amazing braised chicken soon!

2  Thank Family_Jules1969
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I love Plaza Inn and have to eat there every time I visit Disneyland. The Plaza Inn is a lunch-counter style restaurant mixed with a sit-down atmosphere. The whole place is decorated in Victorian style and a lot of the pieces inside came from an original Victorian home. I especially like eating in the sun room. The outdoor seating is also nice.

We always get the chicken dinner and split it (though there are other items on the menu). Two of us can easily split one chicken meal because you get so much. I'd explode if I tried to eat a whole meal by myself. The chicken has a nice flavor, the mashed potatoes are mashed potatoes (nothing fancy) but the chicken gravy is good. The green beans have a buttery seasoning with (I think) bell pepper chunks. They also have a lot of desserts that seem to change based on the season.

In my opinion, the price for the chicken dinner is fairly reasonable when it comes to in-park food. It's not dirt-cheap, but completely comparable in price to buying dinner at Chili's or Applebee's, especially when you add in a tip.

Note: I have never been to the character breakfast. I cannot say what that food is like because it's completely different from the normal daily Plaza menu.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was our first character dining and it was exactly what we expected. It was also pricey. The character do come right to your table. We had some pushy adults that would just in front of our table but the characters didn't pay them attention and spent time with our kids. The food wasn't the best but it was a great experience.