“You must eat here!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you are hungry and want an excellent meal, this is the place. We ate here for dinner, my husband and I split a meal and also had a salad, and were extremely happy we did. The portions are huge, the chicken is so good and the soda refills are free. This is a wonderful family restaurant in Disneyland, I think it's the best value in the Park. You won't leave hungry.

1  Thank Chris P

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We took the children here as a treat And it was well worth it. As it was in Disney resort it added to the magic. 2 adults 2 children the cost was around $60. Each character took time to sign books and take photos. The food was nice and at all you care to enjoy we enjoyed a whole lot which set us up for the rest of the day! If you do a character breakfast I would recommend this one.

1  Thank DJK72
Reviewed November 9, 2012

As passholders, we have eaten at every establishment at the Disneyland Resort. This is a great place to eat for a couple of reasons: Character meals and the fabulous fried chicken. The only reason I'm saying it's not the best is because I reserve that title for Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken, down in Buena Park. But since I'm a Disneyland passholder, guess which place I get to more often. Besides, the wait for a table at Mrs. Knott's can be hours.
The character breakfasts here are great. You can even get early admission. I would advise getting an early seating, because I have heard that the food isn't quite as fresh later in the morning, say around 10:00. I've been here with my wife and daughter for the character breakfasts, and you get a lot of priceless character interaction. The characters work the room, going to each table. You can get some photos of a lifetime if you have small kids. Even if you have big ones.
For lunch and dinner, there is cafeteria-style service, but this is NOT cafeteria food. The fried chicken is out of this world: Crispy outside, juicy and tasty inside. Be sure to ask for extra gravy on your potatoes. It's OK if it spills onto your green beans and chicken. There is also pot roast as well as pasta. If you like salads, be sure to get a made-to-order louie salad. You can get it with or without tomatoes, egg, or bleu cheese crumbles. Frankly, I don't like bleu cheese, but I love this salad.
There is a strategy to eating here: If you have two or more adults, split up. One person can get into the chicken/pot roast line, another can get in the salad line, and you can meet by the drink station or at the register. Finding a table may be tricky, so if you have a third adult, send him/her to get a table. Outdoor seating here is almost always nice. The best indoor seats are on the Tomorrowland side of the restaurant, by the large windows, but this area can be rather warm and stuffy in summer.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

For years, I had heard about the Plaza Inn's famous fried chicken, but never went inside because I had the impression that it was strictly for children's birthday celebrations. They offered a special sampler plate one day with their fried chicken and pot roast. WOW! It was great. A full plate of great comfort food for only $20, and it was all cooked perfectly. The chicken was not greasy, and battered perfectly. The pot roast fell apart when touched with the fork. The only complaint is that there seemed to be a problem with the staff clearing off tables for all the new visitors going through the line, creating a challenge for sitting down and enjoying the meal immediately. Maybe they were short-staffed when I visited. It was just kinda uncool to have spent that kind of dough on a meal and have to scavenge to sit down. Please Disney, get your act together.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was good food, HUGE portions. I think my daughter, son and I could have split one of the chicken dinners- there are three large pieces of chicken, green beans a biscuit and mashed potatoes and gravy. It's a little confusing walking to the carving/serving stations, so don't be afraid to jump in front of an empty space. Will go again.

1  Thank Amy H