“The best timeshare near Disneyland”

Dolphin's Cove Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best timeshare near Disneyland”
Reviewed March 13, 2005

I read many reviews for this property, many bad or poor, so I just was prepared for the worst and what I found was Very Good and Excellent. I traveled with my wife and kids (4yo and 1yo). The attention from all the staff was excellent always, they also talked Spanish well. There is no restaurant in the complex but beside it there is a Denny's and not so far away a McDonald's, Taco Bell and another Denny's. Once we even walked to Disneyland (around 2 or 3 blocks). A Vons supermarket is like 2 blocks away so you can purchase all the groceries you need for yourself and family. The resort is very well located you can find almost anything within 2 to 4 blocks from the resort. Anaheim Resort Transportation Services (ARTS) provide the best transportation from and to the Disney parks and a ticket booth is available in the complex reception (approximately $12 for 5 days, and they run since morning time until 1 hour after parks closing with a lunch break of 1 hour from 1:00 to 2:00), the stop is just around the corner from the hotel. The club house provides several activities for children’s and grownups too and the heated pool is a kid’s favorite when staying in resort. The room comes with everything you can imagine complete bedroom, living room, dining room, balcony, 2 tv (25" & 29"), radio cassettes cd player, dvd, sofa bed, full equipped kitchen (stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, dishwasher, complete dining set, pots and pans, can opener, blender, toaster and much more.....) The parking is comfortable some of them with roof others not. There is also a small laundry room with washing and drying machines. What we liked also was the peacefulness of the complex, just 1 building away from Harbor St. and Orangewood Ave. and there was no noise at all, after a whole day or days to the parks there is nothing better than a quiet place to rest. The trees, flowers and other plants provide pleasant greenery to the complex; it is really nice and relaxing. We were we happy with this complex and we can surely recommend to anyone. My only complaint is that there is no roof that unites the room buildings with the main reception or parking lot, so we had to get wet when we did the check out and when we got in the Airport Shuttle. Well nothing is perfect and this is only a minor detail in comparison to all the benefits we enjoyed in this resort.

• Stayed February 2005
27 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed February 1, 2005

Dolphins cove was beautiful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and polite, the hotel is approx 15 min walk from Disneyland and 2 minutes from bus stop. I enjoyed my experience very much!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed January 29, 2005

I must say upfront that this is not a 5 star resort. One thing that I would have liked to see would be central AC instead of wall units. But I knew it was not 5 star going in. Everything else was great! We stayed in October '04 in a 3 bedroom unit which was very clean, had a full kitchen, and even had three TV's and a TV/DVD combo player in the living room. It was especially great for the kids. There was a playground with sand box area, nice pool, spa, and the clubhouse was excellent! There was a gym, bigscreen TV, internet, as well as pool table, air hockey, video games, as well as puzzles, coloring books, board games, and also scheduled activities for the kids. The grounds were very well kept, and the staff was spectacular! It is a little bit of a walk to Disneyland for little kids, but there is a trolley system that works well.

• Stayed October 2004
7 Thank Jeff R
twistedhouse
Reviewed December 28, 2004

Hey all

This review's probably not the most current in my mind, considering I stayed there for a week waaaaay back in december 2002. That being said, i do recall that we were quite pleased with the resort. The good: We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite and it was very clean and spacious. It was pretty evident that the room was recently renovated, as it was pretty modern for a 2.5 star resort. There was a TV in each room, very convenient considering my GF and I never agree on what to watch. The pool was decent, if small and the gym was in good repair. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. The bad: this hotel IS walking distance to disneyland, so long as you don't mind a 15-20 minute walk to the front gates. trust me, it's a hike. This is a great family resort, and a good value if you can keep it under $80USD a day!

• Stayed January 2005
1 Thank twistedhouse
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 20, 2004

My wife, 2 boys & I stayed here using our timeshare week from Dec. 4 - 10 & we are satisfied. All the staff are friendly & helpful. We had 2 units to choose from when we checked-in around 7 pm & it was up to us to select the ground floor unit next to the pool. The other unit was on the upper floor but faced the main road which could have been noisy.

The unit we chose was up to our expectations - all facilities available as advertised, everything in working order, clean. The laundry room is a short walk away from our room & within the compound. Denny's is right next door & Baker's Square is across the road, so getting a bite to eat is not a problem. There are other restaurants as well. The ART (shuttle to take people to Disneyland) is just around the corner & this is recommended because the walk from the resort to Disneyland can take 20 minutes or more with kids. It's better to save your energy for Disneyland than walk this distance. The resort has daily activities planned for guests. We bought tickets at the front desk so there was no need to queue when we got to Disneyland.

The resort is conveniently located between Universal Studios (Los Angeles) to the north & SeaWorld (San Diego) to the south which meant it took us approx 2 hours to get to the other attractions in each direction on other days. The staff are always ready to give directions & are friendly.

It is definitely worth coming back to stay on our next visit.

3 Thank nick_ng
Reviewed October 12, 2004

My family and i just returned from a 7 day stay at the dolphins cove resort. It is very kid freindly and the staff were all very polite and helpful. No it is not a ritzy place, but it is nice enough. It was just like any ordinary hotel, but with a kitchen and a extra bedroom and bathroom. lol There was a small air conditioning unit in the living room and ceiling fans in every room. The "resort" itself was gated off, but the outside surroundings were not great. The hot tub was actually hot and the heated pool was awesome. It was like swimming in warm bath water. Most places these days do not live up too those expectaations. I would stay there again, but not using my fairfield points.. I didn't know that it was open to the public as it was supposed to be just for fairfeild owners. That was disappointing that i used all my points up when I could have just paid and it would have been much cheaper and used my points at a actual classy resort. So it was a good stay for pay but not for points. You fairfield owners as I understand. lol

• Stayed October 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 14, 2004

WATCH OUT!
We went to a condo presentation there, and it took over 21/2 hours while we were promised 90 minutes. Also, we were not given ANY gifts for attending. We were promised 100 disney dollars, and we were not given ANYTHING for our time! DONT ATTEND THE PRESENTATION!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member