“Perfect Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
CA
“Perfect Stay”
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Booked through priceline at an excellent price. Pool was wonderful. Half of the pool and deck is covered which is nice for those of us that burn easily. Starbucks on site was great for an afternoon iced coffee poolside. Rooms were clean, tastefully decorated and beds were incredibly comfortable despite their size. We had two doubles with two kids and two adults. The Timon parking lot is a short and scenic walk past the convention center and across Katella, took the Lion King Tram to the parks. Parking is $20 per day, but it is in a secured lot and there were plenty of spaces. This hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Liked — pool, proximity to disneyland, comfortable bedding, clean
  • Disliked — double beds, parking $20
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank RN2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We opted to stay at this hotel because it was a category 6 marriott hotel with a resort style setting.. Consumer beware. I agree with the previous comment they give Marriott members the cheaper rooms. Our first room had nothing that was promised in our reservation, it was very small, no sitting area, not to mention the potted plants were dead so there were just stumps in dirt, but you could see the irrigation line which obviously had not been run in quite a time. The second room did not have a balcony as stated we would have in our reservation, however if you looked out the window you saw that none of the rooms on that side of the hotels had balcony furniture, people were moving their desk chairs out to sit on. Our room was not made up on Saturday night, and when we phoned to ask why they said they could send someone up, we asked for fresh towels they brought 3 bath towels, no hand towels, no wash cloths. We also had trouble at the pool with people partying in their room and the pool. We have sent 3 emails and a written letter to management and have had no response. I suggest you stay somewhere else, but if you have to stay here confirm what you are suppose to get and then confirm it again. The hotel itself was nice, a far walk from the parking garage, food was pricey, but pretty good, parking is alittle steep, after all the garage is there anyway.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of what was promised and management
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sandiegolarmar
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Spent 5 days at this hotel on a business trip.
Its located close to the Disney site, so is convenient for tourist/family trips there.
The hotel is easy to get to by car from either Orange County or LAX airports. Its an OK marriott hotel, room size was large, furnishings/bathroom/bed were fine. Front desk check-in was trouble-free & quick.
t was all inobtrusive, no major issues, all middle-of-the-road as far as US hotel experiences go. Would I recommend it for the tourist? - probably not, as I believe you can get better value for you money elsewhere in the area.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank mirra508
New York
Reviewed August 9, 2007

This hotel was very beautiful and the staff was very friendly. Our room was neat, clean, and lovely. The best part is that the hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to Disney. The hotel also offers a shuttle for $3 per person to the park. There are many stores and restaurants nearby and there is a Starbucks and Pizzahut inside the hotel. Very nice place to stay and a great value.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We booked our room for $64 a night through Priceline which appeared to be a decent rate for the area. When we arrived at the hotel I checked in and the front desk person advised that there was going to be an additional $20 a day for self parking or $27 a day for valet parking. The clerk went on to explain that with the self parking I could come and go as many times as I wanted (What a Bonus, huh?) Well I went with the $20 a day so I wouldn't be parked a mile down the road. While the parking garage is connected to the hotel it is still on the other side of the conference area of the hotel and was quite a trek from the garage to the room.

We unloaded all of our luggage and I asked one of the Valet/Bellman if I could borrow a luggage cart of theirs for my bags. The Bellman advised me that they had to handle the carts and they couldn't let guests use them according to company policy. Well that is the first time that has every happened to me and I thought it to be somewhat irritating. We lugged our bags up to our floor and after turning the corner from the elevator the hallway was blocked by a bellman's cart which I had to push out of the way. The bellman came out of the room he was unloading bags into and I told him I had to move the cart to get by and he just looked at me like I was crazy for touching his cart. He never said anything to me like excuse me or sorry or anything. Later that night after coming back tot he hotel there was an unattended luggage cart in the hallway near my room, so much for the policy that an employee has to be handling the cart I guess.

Once in the room I found it to be fair at best, it was pretty small and the bathroom was very small. I wanted to use the internet and found that wired internet in the rooms is $9.95 a day. I had some tickets to a show getting mailed to me at the hotel and when I called to inquire if they had arrived the front desk told me they had not. I advised them that I had a tracking number for the package and it showed as having been delivered. I spoke to three different people regarding this and they said they would call and notify me when the package arrived. Since I didn't receive a call I had to get replacement tickets e-mailed to me for a $5.00 fee. I later spoke to the shipping receiving person who advised that even though the tickets had a delivery confirmation that it only meant they had been delivered to Anaheim, very odd and I have never heard of that. I received a call a short time later from her advising that she looked around again and found the package. She said she would leave the tickets at the bell desk for me to pick up later. I didn't need these tickets anymore but decided to pick them up anyway. When I made my way to the bell desk I was assisted by Ed Hernandez (Manager), who told me that I needed to sign something for the package and that there was a fee for receiving mail at the hotel. I laughed that off because it sounded so ridiculous to me and told them not to even try and charge me since they had lost my package for two days. I later spoke to Mr. Hernandez on the phone about some of the issues I had experienced and he offered me a free lunch. I was not looking to get any freebies I just simply wanted to advise the management of some of the things going on. Mr. Hernandez agreed to credit the $5.00 fee to my room that I incurred regarding the replacement tickets getting e-mailed. Mr. Hernandez was nice enough to let me use a computer to print these tickets at least.

I used the internet for one day only and received my checkout statement on my last day showing that they were trying to bill me for two days of usage. The statement also did not reflect the $5.00 credit that was supposed to go toward my room. So instead of being able to do a quick checkout I had to go wait in line to get my statement corrected, and waiting in line to check out is always a treat. The manager never took the $5.00 off but the front desk clerk took it off as well as the internet fee with no hassle. Then on my way to my vehicle with my bags there was several people checking out as well using the bellman's luggage carts to get their bags through the hotel to the garage. I was advised by several employees during my stay that this was clearly against their policy, obviously not I guess.

The staff was not too friendly but the maid service was good. I guess that's just how they do the hotel business when they have you there already. This hotel is in close proximity to Disney World so maybe that is part of it. My suggestion to you is to stay a little further away, like the next city, Garden Grove, because it is only about five minutes away. If you have a car it is worth it not to get the shaft on paying the $20 parking fee, but remember, you do get to come and go as much as you want for the $20 a day and what a deal that is for freedom. What a joke.

I would not stay here again and this experience has soured my taste for Marriott's all together.

I hope this reviewed helped.

• Liked — Bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — Fees for everything that should be free.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SinCityTraveler
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed July 17, 2007

We were there the same time as the previous poster and had the opposite problem - I had requested a room with two doubles for my family of 4. When we arrived we discovered we only had 1 King! When we went down to the front desk we were told that the two beds were 'not guaranteed', and there were no doubles available! What did they expect a family of 4 to do??? Luckily my daughters friend had a King room as well and both my girls ended up bunking with her.

Very disappointed with the service at the front but hotel was clean and desireable.

• Liked — Distance from Convention Ctr
  • Disliked — Verrry Small Pool Area
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank rosty
Cheeyobaba
Reviewed July 8, 2007

My husband and I arrived at the Marriott and were aware of what the hotel was like--we had stayed there before. It's huge, clean, has several restaurants, a gift shop, a Starbucks, even a pack and ship location in the lobby. The elevators are usually quick, and aside from not having a shuttle to Disneyland (you have to buy a ticket and use the Anaheim transportation--which is weird--buses with park benches in them), it's usually a safe bet. The rooms are small--and the sliding doors that lead to the balcony could use a shot of WD-40, but having the balcony is nice. I don't mind the smaller rooms, and don't even mind that they usually try to pawn off the two full sized beds as 'oversized". What I do mind is the front desk attempting to convince me that two "oversized" full sized beds is just as good as a king. I asked several times if we could have a king sized bed, and received a standard, well rehearsed, "this room has two oversized full beds". We booked through hotwire, so I felt like beggers couldn't be chosers and figured they kept the elusive king sized beds for the full paying customer--however, today it was hot, I was irritated and just wanted a bigger bed. It's rough putting two adults into a full sized bed (no--they are not oversized--they're just full sized beds--I know, because we cram guests into one in our own guest bedroom). I asked if there were any queen beds available--"No, we don't have queen beds, only oversized fulls, which are just about the same size as queens". I asked if we could have a king bed. "But these two beds are the same size as a queen". Wait a minute, I thought you said you didn't have any queens...needless to say, we went back and forth for a few moments. Finally, I said, "I know what a queen bed is, and I know what a full size is--they are not the same--can I have a king or not?" The guy behind the counter offered up a big smile and said, "Of course". He was obviously trying to kill me with kindness--whatever. I don't know what all the hassle was for. if he would have said no, I would have went to the full sized beds and just dealt with it. BTW--apparently, before I had taken on this cause, my husband had asked for a king bed and been told, "No". So, be prepared--they dole out the king beds sparingly--they'll tell you full is the same as queen--but that they don't have queen beds. It's all very weird....but not as weird as the fact that when we woke up in the morning, there were half eaten hot dogs, ketchup packets, and fries on our balcony---and we were up on the 8th floor. Weird weird weird.

• Liked — balconies in all rooms, selection of restaurants on site, easy access to Disneyland
  • Disliked — the crowds--the hotels is huge, so crowds get overwhelming. Small beds.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple