“Excellent customer service”

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #30 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I had a great experience at the Anaheim Marriott. I was attending a conference here with several hundred others, and yet, still experienced exceptional personalized attention. The customer service at the front desk and throughout the hotel was attentive, accommodating, and experienced. Was able to check in early after arriving a day late (flight cancellations).

Beds were very comfortable and windows opened to let in fresh air.

The only downside to the hotel is that there is not much in the way of local (non-chain) restaurants, but I suppose that's to be expected when you're within walking distance to Disneyland. It's certainly no fault of the hotel. (But the hotel's Cafe del Sol restaurant has dynamite breakfast!)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank lakwriter

Reviewed March 16, 2010

My extended family and my family booked two suites next to each other. This was our second trip there (our first trip was rather pleseant).
On this trip, my son, a 16 year-old, big and strong, was so exhausted on the first night that he left behind in the room to sleep while all his cousins and us went back for more fun at Disneyland.
When we came back, we found our door was locked from inside.
Calling front desk (numerious time) did not help since she kept on saying that no one could open the door when someone locked the door from inside. We banged the door, the wall from inside as well as outside hoping to wake my son up without success.
I told the front desk lady that my son's life may be in danger, and asked her what emergency procedure did she have to follow. Talking to her was like talking to a wall - no sympathy nor empathy; rather, she reminded me of "[--] happened; get over with" kind of girl! Inresponsive and no personality. To me, its a service industry and if you don't feel like working then why not quit!!!
After long and aganizing wait (almost an hour later), did she call the security personnel who opened the door without kicking the door - within less than a minute!!!
If my son were in medical emergency, or God know what accident he could have had, he could have been dead in those one-long hour...
I wrote to the Marriott via their web page in hope that they would review their personnel trainiing procedures. They did not reply to me although I provided my e-mail address, perhaps, they DO NOT have training procedures for those kind of emergency situations.
So, Be Aware of it when you stay there.
Good luck to those who stay there.
Meanwhile, don't leave your loved one (even young adults) by themselves in the room if you want to see them alive...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank edc168
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I got there at 9:30 a.m. and told them I was checking in later and asked if it was okay if I went ahead and parked in the garage so I could go to Disneyland for the day. I was NOT expecting to get checked in because it was WAY before check-in time, and the lady offered to check and see if my room was ready. I said sure, and again was not anticipating anything, and she said it was. I was VERY pleased! The parking and getting to your rooms is quite interesting and intimidating. But once I found my room I was beyond impressed. GREAT value. I even had a view of California Adventure, which I was not expecting either! It was just a great full of surprises stay. And the beds are FANTASTIC! I literally fell asleep within 5 minutes of lying down, and that usually does not happen for me. I was also impressed with the lobby shop, the Pizza Hut and the Starbuck's that were all located within the hotel. It was just great!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ibbri
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Anaheim Marriott. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is ultra clean and has nice amenities.
Pros:
Four Star Quality, clean, friendly staff, close to disney with a shuttle that comes every 20 min., great pool, fast elevators and huge TV's.
Cons:
Very Small rooms with Tiny Bathrooms, NO queen beds only doubles which are small, parking garage is not close. Convention Hotel so very busy at times.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Marriott has great hotels and this is one of them. I would personally not stay this hotel again with my family simply because the rooms were very small and the beds were not queen size. I tried to get them to upgrade me to a larger room but they do not offer bigger rooms.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank c_loscTravels
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I do not reccommed waisting your time at the Anaheim Marriot. My friends and I were discriminated against by these employees and very disrespected. After these occurences, I tryed to get ahold of any manager for help and NOBODY HELPED US! I am astonished by this and would not reccommend this hotel to anyone. Check the Hyatt. The Hilton or Embassy Suites for better care!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank bphelps
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Ok, so I call up them up to make a booking for 2 rooms for 2 nights. Everything is great until I mention the promo code. First the guy with a strong Indian accent (don't know his name) says he is not aware of that promotion, then after I direct him to his own website and show him his own promo he says he will be right back. 20 min later I finally realize he is not going to come back and I hang up and call back. This time I get nice lady who says she want to help me. I tell her that I would like to speak to the gentleman with an Indian accent who I had already been speaking to. She informs me with a very rude tone that she cannot transfer me. I ask if she knows who the gentleman is whom I am talking about and she will not respond. I ask twice and she says "can i help you with a reservation". So for the sake of time I go ahead and try to make the same booking. She informs me that there is no such promo code. I ask if she has looked it up in her system and she says she does not need to that there is no such promo code or promotion. I direct her to her own web site and she immediately says "oh there are non available" At this point I HEAR THE SAME INDIAN ACCENT BEHIND HER TALKING AND LAUGHING! I tell her that and she her tone gets even more hostile. At this point after two incompetent employees have lied and tried to manipulate me I hang up. So, this may be a fine establishment. This may be a Marriott that is as great as the others i have stayed in. I travel extensively around the globe and will not stand for poor customer service when there are so many other fine Hotels with very gracious, courteous and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank CultureFinder
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Firstly, I would not recommend that anyone go to Disneyland during Christmas. We had a horrible experience at the park due to overcrowding. You could not move, and the wait time on the rides were ridiculous. 40+ minutes for any ride. 60+ to 90+ minutes on the popular rides..
Given the crowds, I have to say that it was a pleasure to stay at the Marriott. The hotel staff was extremely thoughtful and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and included a fridge (no extra charge). They also provided a crib for us (no extra charge).

I have only two negative comments: The pool, while clean, was too cold for our little kids. The hotel claims 80 degrees, but it felt like it was in the low 70s. The rooms were a bit loud. We were 6 rooms away from the elevators, but could still hear the cables inside the elevator room.

I tend to prefer smaller boutique hotels, but I would highly recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family