“Average hotel. Great location”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The hotel is average for my standards - clean, somewhat small, bathroom needed updating. My room did have an empty refrigerator to store my beverages. Close to Disneyland and convention center. Good wifi reception in my room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We loved our stay at the Marriott , our suite was large enough for us and our young child, the rooms were clean and very comfortable. The location was great, with easy access to Disneyland via the bus service that dropped us off door to door. The pool at the hotel got some good use also :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cheekyd0g

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I'm glad you had a brilliant stay!

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and helpful. I was there as part of a large group. The staff did a very good job of managing the high volume of arrivals with minimal wait times. While not very large, the room was clean and well appointed with additional outlets accommodate the variety of electronic devices we all seem to carry now.

The only downside to my visit was a lack of places to get a snack or drink within the hotel. Starbucks and a gift shop were the only places that I saw open during my stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I'm very glad to hear that you had a pleasant visit. Thank you.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at the Anaheim Marriott for 7 nights in April for a Conference. Conference was located at the Convention center so it made it a great location. Easy to get to Downtown Disney on the ALT for $5 for the day. Lots of Cabs available. Concierge were very helpful with booking my supershuttle back to LAX. Room was comfortable. Loved the balcony. My room was facing the Hilton although I was too low to see all the fire works at Disney every night I could still see the really high ones. :) Great for the business traveler. It has a Fridge in the room but no other equipment that may be needed for a family. Starbucks located in the hotel which I used and a few other restaurants which I never got a chance to try. Pool is located in the lobby. I never used it during my stay. I would recommend it for someone who is attending a conference at the convention center. Its only a 5 minute walk. IHOP and Dennys are a close walk probably around 10 minutes and Target is down the road about a 15-20 minute walk. 711 is only a 10 minute walk as well.

Room Tip: The Oasis section of the hotel doesn't have balconys so try and book a room facing the Hilton on...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us, I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay. Other travelers will benefit from your details. I hope you'll come again.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Marriott Anaheim. Room was comfortable and clean. Check in & check out was as usual and anything I asked for was quickly addressed. I can't say I was "blown away" by the hotel or service or anything astonishing like that. I can just say...nothing went wrong, I was very comfortable and I enjoyed staying there. I love to be "wowed" but never expect to be. I do expect to not have a poor experience, and this place did fulfill that. I quite enjoyed my stay overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

i have high respects for marriott hotels, but this one really is a downer. stayed at this hotel for the wondercon convention. they pretty much charge for everything. 12.95 bucks for 24 hour internet service that doesn't even connect well, considering it is right beside the convention center where a lot of business conventions occur, you would think wi-fi would be free of service. parking is 19 dollars, shuttle is $5 per head. what else won't they charge? service at cafe del sol was horrible. the receptionist was rude and does not care about her job. will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Iamsomeone
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

I'm sorry to hear of your experience, we pride ourselves on our service and consistently assure all of our team members treat all of our guests as though they are the only ones in the hotel. I'll send you a private message now because I want to get to the bottom of things for you. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Best,
~ Dan S.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just got back from Disneyland and I must say that our stay at this hotel was absolutely wonderful!

When we first arrived, a young woman with a great smile (I never remember anyone's name, I'm sorry!) checked us in. I told her I wasn't concerned with the view as long as our room was nice and quiet. We stayed on the third floor and the room was VERY quiet at night. It was so nice to have the door shut and not hear anything but the heater or air conditioner kick on. The room was very small but the beds were very comfortable and everything was clean. There were also no funky smells. I have a very sensitive nose and an entire stay can be ruined by a stinky room. It was nice to only smell the bleach on the bedding when I laid down and no weird air fresheners trying to mask a bad smell. Our view was of the staff parking lot, which really was kind of drab but since we weren't in our room much during the day I only cared about noise while trying to sleep, not what I could stare at out the window. Plus, it was good enough to catch a glimpse of the eclipse from our balcony! Very cool.

The bellhop who helped us into our rooms was so friendly and when I mentioned it was my birthday and that it was my kids first time to Disneyland he brought them both a little Minnie Mouse doll. They LOVED those dolls and it really set our time there on the right foot after a long drive down and us all being kind of cranky.

We got into our swimsuits and headed down to the pool and were very happy to find it clean, large and well stocked with giant towels and beach balls and other water toys for the kids to play with. I soaked in the pool for a bit then transferred to the hot tub for a bit and really got to relax. The temp of the pool was perfect and half of it is under a shady structure while the other half is uncovered. I loved being able to soak without worrying about burning or having too much glare from the sun.

The restaurant Casa Del Sol or something (sorry too lazy to look up the name) had a gluten free menu that even included gluten free French toast or toast with butter. It was nice to see a good variety of items on the GF menu and to not worry about having to hunt down gluten free food. We got the breakfast buffet for $24/person and the kids ate free. Definitely an awesome deal. Because of dietary restrictions we did bring a bit of food with us and needed a microwave to heat things. I called the front desk and had a microwave within 3 minutes. Such prompt service!

I think that because I mentioned it was my birthday the young woman at the front desk gave us a 50% discount on parking, which was nice. I didn't bother getting he wifi, as we spent so much time running around I didn't need to be online much and just used my 4G when I did need to be on my phone.

The valet team was soooooo friendly and from the moment I drove in the driveway I felt I was the most important guest in the place. I saw other guests being treated the same way. As we left, the bellhop Mark (yay, I remembered a name!) was also very friendly, helpful and sent us off the same way we arrived--with a smile and feeling important.

We didn't realize that Wondercon was in town and wanted to stay an extra night but the prices were way too high so we transferred over to the Anaheim Doubletree down by the 5, and while it was a nice enough hotel it was nowhere near as nice as the Marriott Anaheim.

Thank you, Marriott, for making this stay very special. From the convenience of a Starbuck's right in the hotel, to being within walking distance to shops and the parks (it's a bit of a haul after a long day. We walked to but were too tired to walk back), to being greeted with smiling faces consistently I can say that our family trip went off without a hitch due to the positive experience of feeling like we were at our home away from home. Great job guys!

Room Tip: I was in room 384 and it was super quiet. I wouldn't want a room on the first floor, as I saw a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Jas650

I really enjoyed reading your detailed review, thank you so much. Other guests will benefit from your account of your stay and I'll be sure to share your comments with the staff. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you'll return.