“Wish I had a better experience”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oceanside, California
“Wish I had a better experience”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We are Marriott gold members so we spend a lot of time in Marriott hotels, in addition to being timeshare owners. I usually love my Marriott experiences and "splurged" a bit over the rate I wanted to spend to stay closer to disney at the holidays. However, this is the first and last time I will ever stay at this hotel. The staff is wonderful, but the bed was beyond firm. I am a side sleeper and found it virtually impossible to fall asleep, let alone get a good night sleep. The concierge lounge was closed for 2 of the 3 nights, and the one night it was open the food ran out early and the staff picked everything up much earlier than the published time. Not great form a cranky toddler who was looking forward to the promise of a chocolate chip cookie. The location is great.....very walkable to the parks, but I simply cannot get past the fact that I was only able to sleep for 4-5 fitful hours and woke up feeling like I had been beaten. I will still frequent Marriott, but not this one and am on the hunt for a new hotel at Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Holly D
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I regret to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. I am sending you a private message.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lowell, MA
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great concierge staff. Great bellhop staff. Clean and friendly hotel. Great rooms with balconies. As a Marriott Elite, they truly make you feel like an elite in the concierge lounge and when checking in. Separate elite counter for long check in lines as well. Overall a great hotel, for events and for family visits to Disneyland.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dalgleish_michael
Thank you for your compliments about our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed the benefits of being an elite member. Thanks again and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Palm Springs
Reviewed December 20, 2013

As always, when you stay at Marriot Hotel, you can expect a high level of standard. Can't say anything unsatisfactory. You will always be pleased with the service and the hospitality that you get. The hotel is located right at the center of Anaheim and you can explore the area by just walking. You can also depend on their hotel service if you want to go quickly to Disneyland.

Room Tip: You may want to choose rooms in the east side facing Disneyland.
Green Features: I think Marriot maintains their high standard and their care for the environment> I'm glad to find a hotel that is responsible and are making people responsible. I want to see more hotels following the example of Marriot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Den L
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. I appreciate your comments and am glad that we were able to uphold the standards you have come to expect from our hotels. Come back soon!
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed at this property for three nights for a conference. Location is excellent to both the convention center and Disney. Arrived early 12:15, self parked for 24 a day (ouch), and as should be expecting when arriving early my room was not ready. When it was finally ready at close to 4pm, was assigned a KING room on the 4th floor. Wasn't the view I was hoping for, but the room itself was fine. Typical room size and Marriott furnishings. Bed was great, bathroom small like most Marriott's but was what I expected. ONE HUGE plus was that the floor I was on was quiet. Did not hear one door slam that woke me up, and that is my biggest pet peeve of hotel travel. This Marriott has their doors figured out and they don't slam unless you were to pull them hard to do so. Bravo!
Due to the lateness of my room being ready was provided an upgrade to use the concierge room on the 18th floor. Beautiful view and great perk. Had breakfast each morning and had no problem finding a place to seat or something good to eat in the AM. Room remains open during the day for soda, water, small candy snacks, etc.
Stopped by the hotel bar once and had some light snacks and a beverage. As most hotel bars, a bit expensive but that's pretty typical.
I wish I could remember the name of the housekeeper, but she did an amazing job and was always smiling and happy. I tipped her well each day, as in my opinion these folks are the hardest working people in the building and they make their money from what you put on the bed each day, not their hourly wage...
I saw some really cool "loft" style two story rooms on my hallway and would want to inquire about one of those if I came with my family. They looked pretty sweet.
Over all had a nice stay, great interactions with staff and loved the location as it related to my conference.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the CITY on a high floor if you can..can't see all the fireworks as the HILTON...
Green Features: Not so ECO friendly on the recycling deal..they do the normal, we'll wash your towels if on the ground deal, etc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the concierge room. I would love to have you and your family stay with us and I hope to see you again.
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed in Marriott Anaheim for a conference at the Convention Centre from 10-15 Dec 2013.
The location is very convenient, particularly that I stayed at the Oasis Building which is the nearest block to the Convention Centre. And at the ground floor, there was a Starbucks and Market Place where you could buy food for breakfast and lunch.

The facilities in the room were very minimal. They've got you shampoo, shower gel, hair conditioner, a soap, body lotion. That's all. There was a coffee making, but no spoon for you. A fridge was in a cabinet under the TV set. The bottle of water was not complimentary but cost 3.5US. You can always buy cheaper water at 7-11 or ABC convenience store outside the hotel.

My flight was supposed to be at midnight, while their check-out time was noon. I asked if I could be given a late checkout. And I was offered that I could check out not later than 1p.m.! it's really a generous offer. So, they expected me to stay in the lobby or where else to kill the time, if I don't enter the Disneyland.

But my bad luck hadn't been over. I was later told by the airline company that the flight would further be delayed for 6 hours. I intended to ask the front dest and concierge to call to the airline company to help me to identify if there is another alternative flight. but the staff was simply ignorant about this, and was not willing to make a call for me. He just gave me a toll free number and asked me to call myself. Unfortunately there was no one answered because it was a Sunday.
So, what a good experiences in Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I am disappointed in hearing about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sending you a private message right now.
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Wonderful! My husband had business at the Convention Center. I had relaxation. Beautiful! Wonderful staff. Good food. I could walk to Downtown Disney to shop. It is a walk away from shopping areas. It is 1 block away from Morton's Steak House.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Debbie R
I am delighted to hear that you had a relaxing stay at our hotel. I certainly hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Angels Camp, California
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in early December. We were blown away by the incredible service we received from the employees at this hotel! From the first interaction with the valet, to the cheerful smile of the front desk receptionist (her name was London) and the incredibly friendly bellman (John). Warm, sincere greetings were everywhere.

We checked in later in the evening during a convention and we were given a complimentary upgrade to an executive king. When we got to the room, we noticed that we were on a lower level overlooking the convention center. The room was clean and spacious, and we went to sleep!

The next morning when I visited the lobby to see about moving rooms, I was greeted by a member of the front desk staff who was roaming the lobby checking on guests (his name was either Eric or Issac, both names come to mind for some reason). He assured me that he apologized, and arranged for our bags to be moved to our new room and promised that new keys would be waiting for us at the front desk when we returned from our day at Disneyland! Thank you so much! Not only did he move us, but he put us at the other end of the hotel with a beautiful view of Orange County.

Everywhere you look this property is impressive. Beautiful lobby, immaculate indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub, and a shiny convention center.

The only improvement that I would suggest: invest in the guest room bathrooms. The fixtures and tile in the main tower bathrooms are really starting to show their age.

We travel to this area often and we generally stay either here or the neighboring Hilton (which generally has a lower nightly rate), and we are always impressed with both!

We will be returning soon!

Room Tip: The main tower rooms have balconies, but the second tower has nicer bathrooms. Both towers are extre...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David W
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Our staff is a great point of pride and I am glad they were able to make your stay so pleasant. I certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.