New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had one night here. The rooms were great and hotel very nice, but the noise from the roof fan for the main cooling system was really loud at night. I did not notice during the day, but it was terrible on the night I was there. Other than this great staff, nice food and good overall. I had a view over the city on the 9th floor.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the view of our beautiful city. I do apologize for the noise and hope it wasn't overly disrupting. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews I was nervous about staying here. We stayed with our 4 year old for a Disneyland trip. I've been a Marriott rewards elite member for a long time and generally know what to expect from a Marriott hotel. We were in an Exec Double in the Main Tower on the 12th floor overlooking the pool. The Exec rooms are a bit larger than the standard. The room was ready when we arrived and was clean. There was a fridge, but no microwave. It was decorated like any standard Marriott room. The bathroom was SMALL and the tub/shower could be updated, but overall it was fine. It's not the JW...so don't expect it to be. The lobby was nice.
The main reason I gave 5 stars was the service. It was the best service I have received at any Marriott EVER. From the moment we arrived it was great. We were always greeted by name, by both the bell desk and the valet. The Bell Desk attendant gave us free in-room movie pass and talked to my daughter about her trip. The waitress in the bar / restaurant (Alycia??) was great! She listened to my daughter go on and on about her day at Disneyland and genuinely seemed interested...for 3 nights in a row. She remembered her each evening and greeted her by name. They all made our daughter feel very special. Housekeeping was also great. Our room was cleaned on time and they always made our daughters bed look special with her own pink pillow and blanket (from home) and her Disney robe and slippers laid out for her. (Silly stuff...but it makes a 4 year old feel like a princess).

Another surprise was how good the food was at the restaurant. It's also very reasonably priced...however the cocktails and wine are totally overpriced. $15 for a cocktail seems excessive to me. Try the Lobster Grilled Cheese with tomato fondu....I was in heaven.

Overall it was a great trip and the hotel was wonderful. We definitely stay there again when traveling to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Stay in the Main Tower...the rooms all have a small balcony. If Disney is having fireworks ask for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joy Y
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I'm so glad that you found our service to be the best you've received EVER! We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests. We hope to see you on your next Disney vacation and can't wait to hear what your daughter has to say again.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Marriott Anaheim is more of a convention centre than a resort. I was there attending a conference and was very impressed with the conference facilities. The residences were well appointed, and the outlets like Star bucks and a gift shop are a hit. The bar has an excellent collection of wines and spirits. The rooms are very well maintained and appointed. The "naturally flavoured" water they keep for their guests are a hit. The restaurant offers an excellent breakfast spread - purely continental breakfast with well appointed staff that take excellent care of your needs. Overall a good experience - could have more of a resort like setting, being situated bang across the street from Disneys. The elevators need heavy overhaul.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms on the high floors are good to go for.
    • 3 of 5 stars
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Anaheim and for all of your tips to other travelers. We hope you'l be back again.
Corona del Mar, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Anaheim Marriott quite a few times over the years even dating back to high school when I was here for a Key Club International convention in the 1970's. It is a great hotel for conventions and a very good hotel for families heading to Disneyland when there are not conventions on.

I say for families when there are not conventions on, because you can get great rates and the hotel tends to be quiet. When there is a major convention going on, it is just too busy.

Nice onsite restaurants, a decent pool area and a well trained staff are all pluses here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank scottca075
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest all these decades, we really appreciate it. We look forward to serving you for the next few decades!
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night while attending a conference at the Marriott. As a Marriott gold member I was upgraded to the concierge floor and felt very welcomed when I checked in at the front desk. I have stayed several times at the Hilton across the street from the Marriott ( I am a diamond hilton member) and have never felt as welcomed at the Hilton. In-room refrigerator and robes were a nice touch. Concierge Lounge served a hot breakfast and wonderful evening snacks.Clean comfortable room. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
I'm glad that you felt so welcome at our location, we take pride in our service. Thank you for your kind comments and I hope to have you back to stay with us again.
Westlake Village, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The rooms here are standard Marriott rooms, but the staff addressed me by name and my elite membership status. Also, when I called ahead for valet, the car was there promptly...in the timeframe of going down the elevator. Food at the restaurant was 'ok'. Close to Convention Center and Disneyland.

• 4 of 5 stars
I'm delighted that our staff exceeded your expectations and that you chose our location for your stay. Thank you. I hope you'll be staying with us again.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed in the Oasis Tower, and were not very happy with our room. It was quite small. The balcony had plant pots with no plants - just a dumping spot for cigarette butts!! The last time we were here I remember the rooms in the main tower to be larger. The Oasis Tower is very dated, and the elevators are very slow. The common areas are drab and dull. We had trouble with our TV and called. We were told that an engineer would come, but no one ever did. The TV finally corrected itself.

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower
Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lucille M
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I'm sending you a private message.