“A little outdated but great customer service”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #30 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The conference facilities, bathrooms in the guest rooms were outdated. I also had some noise issues-could hear music from the bar in my room on the 9th floor. But the busier service was excellent, especially the concierge staff.

• Stayed: September 2013
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that our staff made a great impression on you, and I hope we can welcome you back on a future visit to Anaheim. - Dan

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I attended a conference here earlier in the month and truly enjoyed the service. The hotel is very average but what makes up for the hundreds of people staying there is the service. Lovely concierge lounge (maybe just a little too small for a convention hotel) has wonderful staff. My check-in experience was great. The gentleman assisting me took extra time to cover the features in the hotel and walked me and my colleague to the elevator. I also have to say I hosted a small lunch in their main restaurant and the server was a gem. He kept referring to us as "my ladies." He anticipated needs and was a real joy. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I'm delighted to hear that our wonderful staff made such a great impression on you. We understand that top-notch customer service is of the utmost importance for a hotel of our size, and I'm very happy to hear that you experienced this during your stay. I hope we can welcome you back again on a future visit to Anaheim. - Dan

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

A bit surprised at first by room in older wing/building but staff was helpful in changing room to more acceptable one. Restaurants on site a bit pricey but paying for convenience of dining in hotel. Parking rates high. Did not use pool but seemed quite nice. Overall would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your recommendation. I'm glad that our dedicated staff could provide you with a room to your liking, and I'm happy that you had a great stay with us overall. I hope that you can take advantage of more of our great amenities like our spa area on your next visit. - Dan

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a great location right across from the convention center and you can walk to Disney. The hotel is very and clean.The service is very good also. The rooms were very nice but the view from our room looked out to a roof top.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I'm very glad that you had a comfortable and convenient stay with us, and that our staff provided you with excellent service. I'm sorry to hear that we could not give you a room with a better view. If you stay with us again, please request a room with a view of Disneyland so you can experience the fireworks show from your balcony every night. Thank you for your great review and feedback. - Dan

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I come to visit this hotel because of the excellent indoor pool. and they has the best breakfast bar for the kids and kids can eat for free.if you can stay on the high floor , you will be able to see Disney firework.

Room Tip: The weekend price is almost 50% off from the week day.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

I'm very happy that you appreciate all the wonderful amenities that we have to offer, and I'm glad you had a great stay with us. Our guests love to see the Disneyland fireworks shows every night from their balconies, and I'm delighted that you and your kids enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing your review, and we hope you will come back soon for more great breakfasts with us. - Dan

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and 5 days for a national conference. It served as the host hotel and the nearby convention center was where our classes were at. The hotel is very closely situated next to the convention center.

The first thing that impressed me was the customer service I was shown throughout my stay; every employee had a smile and asked how I was doing, even if I was just walking down a hallway. I ate most of my meals in the hotel and everyone was just amazingly friendly. The staff should be congratulated on providing superior customer service at this facility.

Speaking of meals, the breakfast buffet is stellar as far as the amount and quality of food they offer. But the price is expensive. This is my first time to California, and maybe that's normal, but $24 for a breakfast buffet? Ouch! The price alone is why I gave Breakfast a 4 instead of a 5 rating (Breakfast is in Café Del Sol). Room service is good, I ordered pizza (they have Pizza Hut in the hotel) and it came up in a very timely manner and it was great. I also had a nice dinner at the hotels JW's Steakhouse near h lobby. It's a fine dining experience. Despite that I still felt it was too expensive for what I got, I have no complaints about the food, it was a fantastic meal, just expensive. And there are SEVERAL dining options within walking distance of the hotel.

It is also situated right across the street (pretty much) from Disneyland. I didn't go as I was here on business, but for families this is a great hotel to consider for that reason.

The room itself was also very nice. If it wasn't for the bathroom I would have given a 5 rating. The bathrooms (or at least the one I had) are very small. A single sink with not a lot of counter space. I was by myself so not too much of a problem, but even being by myself I had to "Tetris" my toiletries on the counter. Although, here is a moment where I can provide another specific moment of customer service.... After my first day out I cam back to my room to find that the cleaning staff had arranged all my bathroom stuff on the sink, on a clean towel. It was awesome! That is going above and beyond. Apparently that didn't like how I had laid my stuff out, LOL! My room also had a balcony which I was not expecting. It was nice to sit out at night and enjoy the view. The quality of the view really depends on the room you get and the tower you are staying in.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and if you have the money, I would strongly recommend this be your place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. I'm delighted to hear that our wonderful staff impressed you at every turn. Likewise, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our well-appointed rooms and various dining options throughout your stay. I hope we can be your home away from home again on a future business trip. - Dan

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We weren't able to get into one of the Disney hotels over the Labor Day long weekend, so we stayed at the Marriott. The hotel is very close to the convention center, but it's quite a long walk to the parks if it's hot or humid out. We took the ART buses a lot! The hotel itself was quite good. Housekeeping was quite late one day - not until after 4:00.

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms in the wing we stayed in had decent views, the ones across the hall didn'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

I'm happy that you had a great stay with us, and I hope Disneyland wasn't too crowded during your visit. The walk is about 15-20 minutes, but I'm glad that you took the convenient ART busses from our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that housekeeping was late one day, and I appreciate your patience. Thank you for sharing your review. - Dan